Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2272 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Difference in behaviour on the App Store version vs the free version.

When working on the Mac that I use at home, I am able to make niches in walls using the invisible box, and then use the glass transparent box to make glass doors for the niches.
In the free version that I have now installed on my office computer, both the invisible box and the glass transparent box cuts thru the entire wall.
This I can't have.

Is this a difference between the paid version and the free version, or between OSX and Windows?

Xiste
[Dec 26, 2017, 2:19:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland
Re: Difference in behaviour on the App Store version vs the free version.

[Dec 26, 2017, 5:00:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Ah, for a moment I thought you had found the solution, and that I had forgotten to turn of magnetism. But no. Magnetism is off in preferences. I normally use the CMD modifier for magnetism when I need it,

Magnetism works like in your illustration when I'm using the App store version, but not in the free version.
I have made sure I have the latest free version.
[Dec 26, 2017, 9:38:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

Rotate invisible box 90 degrees - front and back sides perpendicular to wall (not parallel).
[Dec 26, 2017, 11:18:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I see!
Works like a charm!

Thanks a lot!

Xi
[Dec 26, 2017, 11:34:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

There’s no difference between the Mac App Store version and the free version on this point. See also this message for more details about the change of behavior for doors and windows introduced in version 5.5.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 27, 2017, 3:34:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

There’s no difference between the Mac App Store version and the free version on this point

Well, there was a difference until I updated my App stor version.
And I'm glad I did, since I must say that all the new features by far outweighs the unfortunate "enhancements" to the behaviour of the Invisible and glass transparent boxes.

Doors and windows now always cut out both sides of straight or round walls when they are parallel or tangent to them [...]

Doors and windows, yes. And that's fine.

Would it be an idea to add that the mentioned boxes only cut out both sides of straight or round walls when they are parallel ( as alaX pointed out)?

Xiste
[Dec 27, 2017, 4:38:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved