Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 650 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
ecopy

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
biggrin VR mode for your 3d home

A couple of weeks ago I started to draw a plan of my flat using this wonderful program. Now that the most of the walls, doors and furniture is settled, I rendered some views to get an impression of the designed rooms.
After that I had an idea to use Google cardboard "vr glasses" to get the right feeling.
Unfortunately the only way I've found was to export .obj file and open it with the obj2vr app. :( . This app flips x-axis, has no liggting options, and no longer supported.
Nevertheless the impression of being inside is just what I need to be sure that I get what was meant. So I ask for the VR mode.
[Dec 25, 2017 8:49:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
qythyx

Japan
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: VR mode for your 3d home

I've been interested in something similar. What I've done is rendered spherical 360 panorama images, which I can then view in cardboard. This gives a great view of the rooms, but is a static image, so I can't "walk" through the house. See this thread (http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,8039) for a bit more info.

I too would love a VR mode view. To be real-time it would need to be rendered with OpenGL or such, which means it would not be able to do the photo-realistic images. Still, it would be very useful.
[Jan 6, 2018 7:17:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2018 eTeks - All rights reserved