Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18802 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
sjb007
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: View your homes in VR mode

Another option (only for personal use due to licensing) is to use Unreal Engine, but it does take a lot of effort to learn enough about UE to get any results. I had a demo of a basic building I could walk around in VR. It could build an apk for sideloading to an Android handset, and then used Google Cardboard as the viewer. A bluetooth mouse for movement (left button to walk, wheel to change speed forward/backward). I had doors that swung open and shut by proximity, I could climb the stairs. I got a bit stuck trying to get a UI to work that would allow me to control the Sun position in the sky, and then I moved on to other things. I also never got very realistic results, but that is down to me, not the engine obviously. You can look at the Unreal based Twinmotion to see how well Unreal can do ArchViz stuff.
[Jan 31, 2022, 9:01:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

cool Re: View your homes in VR mode

Hello,

My solution so far is to export to .obj and to open the model in 'VR Model Viewer', available on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/891420/VR_Model_Viewer/)

The answer is Twinmotion2022, which is free for individuals
Sweet Home 3D model is rotated down once and exported OBJ to Twinmotion2022 to be displayed directly. And the result is much better than the Sweet Home 3D display. If the graphics card is good, it also supports ray tracing for real-time display. It also supports importing to UE4.27
I think Sweet Home 3D should get a plug-in or better support Twinmotion, that's the key.
It would be better to support Twinmotion's batch replacement function. It's better to support Twinmotion's batch replacement function, so you can quickly replace light sources in Twinmotion.
[Feb 2, 2022, 10:29:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

By importing the FBX model file in Twinmotion 2022, which retains the hierarchy, batch replacement is possible
The question is whether Sweet Home 3D can give the FBX format a middleware
[Feb 2, 2022, 10:35:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Many years ago, it was asked whether Sweet Home 3D painting scenes can generate real-time games. If we could have a project template in UE4, export it to Twinmotion 2022 via Sweet Home 3D, and export it to UE4 via Twinmotion 2022, then we would be very close to realizing the dream of playing scenes edited in Sweet Home 3D.
[Feb 2, 2022, 10:41:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

tongue Re: View your homes in VR mode

I have successfully imported the sweet home 3D scene into UE4 through Twinmotion2022

[Feb 2, 2022, 11:00:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
edusson

Hi,

I just used Gravity Sketch in Oculus Quest 2. It's free, at least so far :) but you do have to register your email to be able to import OBJ. I just did and so far, no issues. Quite straight forward. Of course, it is not the full render quality...

My flow was to place through USB the OBJ files in its own directory within Oculus --> storage\Gravity Sketch\Import Library but you can also use cloud:
https://help.gravitysketch.com/gravity-sketch...ce/mfmD3XXFrsKzffJ5UVSe72

To move inside you squeeze the grab trigger on your non-drawing hand:
https://help.gravitysketch.com/gravity-sketch...ce/mfmD3XXFrsKzffJ5UVSe72

Amazing! Thanks to everyone that made this possible! applause
Eduardo
[May 29, 2022, 2:11:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
edusson

Sorry! The right link for the import part is:
https://help.gravitysketch.com/gravity-sketch...es/gBCHwMWzGENoSSZX8PEPuh
[May 29, 2022, 3:39:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved