Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 33899 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
spocky

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Search luminous neon objects!

Excellent.
[Dec 22, 2017, 6:10:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

This is really very simple
You are right, not difficult once you know how. Thanks so much for good instructions! This opens lots of possibilities. Tested to see whether it was as easy as you said. And yes, making a model and editing the .mtl did not take many minutes - even if the rendering was a pain, as you warned. Thankfully glow without the path at the next best rendering level is still pretty nice - and much faster. Testing your instructions compared with model with built in lightsource - at quality 2,3,4:

[Dec 22, 2017, 11:04:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Actually, yes it's simple.

It made me remember the letters I had used on Mars II's project for the end of year celebrations.

I found the original file and all the letters of the alphabet are there.

No need to go through walls because the letters are normalized and capitalized.

Everything is configurable, the e.g. by the letters E and F leaning or I larger.

I think I'll do the same thing with the numbers from 0 to 9.

Attention, only the color is allowed, a texture blocks the light...

Merry Christmas.

smile
----------------------------------------
Attachment Alphabet_upp.sh3d (163496 bytes) (Download count: 234)

Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Edit 2 times, last edit by bdfd at Dec 23, 2017, 12:36:05 PM]
[Dec 22, 2017, 12:04:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@okh
Nowhere as elegant as other projects, such as the ghost city,

Being reminded of the Ghost City project I did some nearly two years ago, I recalled doing a lot of research about the glow-effect. There was an old thread ( by Enko perhaps?) that had a link to the Sunflow renderer Bible. I remember I did a lot of this stuff, and created heaps of logos and neon signs - and ended up using only a fraction.

Anyway, searching through my backups I found that most of it was in Chinese, and that a lot had never been back up. But I found a few things that was not Chinese, like these neons. They are not very good, but I used some of them anyway...

... and I remember making combinations in order to get neon objects with different colours.
I have made a kind of reconstruction as an example:

I also found some of my logos - like the ones on top of the skyscrapers in the Ghost City.

The different sizes and qualities are because they are experiments, made over a period of several months.

If anyone think they can find any use for them, please, feel free to download.

Logos.sh3d

Neons.sh3d

To change the colour of any of the objects, just edit it in SH3D, and export the object with it's new colour. Change the illum to 0 in the .mtl-file, and re-import to SH3D.

The way I made these object was to first make Photoshop-files and do extrusions, and then import them into Verto Studio 3D, both to colourize them and to merge the extruded sides.
Then I edited the .mtl, as described elsewhere in this thread.

Cec
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Dec 30, 2017, 11:19:26 PM]
[Dec 30, 2017, 5:37:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
spocky

USA

If anyone think they can find any use for them, please, feel free to download.

Logos.sh3d

Neons.sh3d

...Cec

The two links are the same (logos.sh3d). sad
[Dec 30, 2017, 8:11:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Busy day
[Dec 30, 2017, 11:20:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
spocky

USA

Okay cec.

Fascinating but, it's just an example of a personal use of frozen objects.
Except color, nothing else can be done. sad

If I want to customize a shop, I'll take Alax or bdfd method.
with both, we do everything we want ... wink
[Dec 31, 2017, 6:39:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

@okh
Nowhere as elegant as other projects, such as the ghost city,

Being reminded of the Ghost City project I did some nearly two years ago, I recalled doing a lot of research about the glow-effect.

And told us nothing... Oh well. At least I got the reference to the Ghost City right. For some of us, who have no patience (read: skill) for perfect renderings, the balance is between result and rendering time. As the full 'path' option seems to grind my low-end processor almost to a halt, I shall have to experiment with some compromise and leave the aesthetics to you. Which certainly is better anyway. Thanks for sharing. Do not really know when I will next need signs for a strip joint, but your neon signs bring back memories of wanderings in dubious neighbourhoods. To an extent where I can feel the smell of cheap tobacco and perfume. ok
[Dec 31, 2017, 3:50:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

Neon digits.sh3f
[Dec 31, 2017, 4:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

Neon digits white

Neon digits yellow

Neon digits green

Neon digits cyan

Neon digits blue

Neon digits magenta

Neon digits red
[Jan 4, 2018, 6:13:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 31   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved