Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208679 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

@okh

After following your very interesting links, I can absolutely understand your reference to Max Payne. I'm obviously getting some of my inspiration from the same universe as they do. Their textures and details are great work on a professional level. I can understand why this game has so many followers.

I’m not a gamer myself.

cec
[Jun 7, 2018, 8:21:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

BTW, @VeroniQ, recalling some of your work, the cartoon elements in Max Payne also has similarities.

But, looking at the links I posted, it certainly contains more shooting then when I played. I mostly walked around and sensed the atmosphere. But then, even if I am no gamer, I was so taken that I did play it through. Probably only game I ever did.

So, no we are just waiting for Cec stories...

ok
[Jun 7, 2018, 8:49:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

The Madonna Park is nothing but a metro station and an architectural drawing of an amusement park – yet.
And chances are that it will remain this way, as it has done for twenty nine years.
Despite this uncertainty, a capable caretaker was employed in nineteen ninety.
The caretaker’s name is “Mr. Nickel”, and he is still taking care of the not built amusement park.
He lives in this charming cottage, temporarily erected at the time of his employment, not far from the Madonna Park Station:

Among Mr. Nickel’s duties is keeping track of people coming and going.
People like f.i. this newly wed couple, Tony and Claire:

Tony and Claire are headed in the wrong direction.
They don’t know that yet.
They were supposed to be going here…:

…for a visit to the Pong iLand Social Club (PISC), a combined bar, performance stage and small movie theatre.
The Pong iLand Social Club is situated in a cellar at the former residence of Mr. Pong – a man not yet introduced.
Mr. Pong's former residence is the only building on Pong Island.

The way things look, Tony And Claire will most certainly not arrive until the morning...:

…which is an utterly pointless piece of information, since Tony and Claire are mere props, and never to be seen or heard of again.

Cec
[Jun 10, 2018, 8:17:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Once again excellent work.

I'm seriously considering the Thea renderer that MartinSK is using.
My question is, did you make the water with SH3D, or have you switched to the Tea renderer like Martin?

Xiste
[Jun 23, 2018, 10:39:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Xiste

Thank you!

My question is, did you make the water with SH3D

The water is a height-field terrain textured with a semitransparent light grey texture. I have done some experiments, and so far I have found that using a wave height of about 25 - 35 cm and placing a glass transparent directly under it, I can create some illusion of a reflecting water surface, but I'm still experimenting with that and might come up with something better.

(...)or have you switched to the Tea renderer like Martin?

The answer is no, for two reasons:
One being that I like the Sunflow renderer, and I like the challenges it presents me with,
the other being that I have other 3D programs and can easily export my SH3D-projects and render them there. I have no need for Thea.

Besides, the way I see it, this forum is for the SH3D / Sunflow configuration, and that's the combination I will stick to on this forun; showing what I can do with this combination.
What I can create and render with f.i. a $2000 professional software package like Wue xStream, is really not relevant.

Here is one of my Vue illustrations, just to visualize the difference:

1920 x 1080

Cec
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Jun 26, 2018, 11:51:38 AM]
[Jun 26, 2018, 11:44:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Not sure why but pong island makes me think of the Faulklands, it just looks warmer, lovely work.
Mike
[Jun 26, 2018, 9:34:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

@Ceciliabr

I like your Vue-illustration. It’s very realistic. As you say, there’s a huge difference between what you can render with a free open source program and what you get from an expensive program like Vue. I have looked at a demo on youtube and seen what can be created with it.
SH3D is surely no competitor to Vue, and neither is Thea, but nevertheless, I find some of your renderings made with sh3d and Sunflow to be quite close.

...this forum is for the SH3D / Sunflow configuration, and that's the combination I will stick to on this forun; showing what I can do with this combination.

Well yes, I get your point. The GalleryShare your snapshots made with Sweet Home 3D here “.
In essence (apart from creating walls and rooms), sh3d is not a modelling program, and only let’s you furnish a scene with objects created with other programs. So I guess you are right in presuming the Gallery is meant for sh3d snapshots, which also is understandable.

BTW: I found a nice free 3D model of waves here:
https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models/free/wave. It’s not rendering quite as nice as yours, it seems, but that might of course be a result of my quite mediocre skills.

Xiste
[Jun 26, 2018, 9:57:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Mike53

Thanks a lot, Mike.

Cec
[Jul 3, 2018, 3:42:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

looked at a demo on youtube and seen what can be created .. no competitor .. some of your renderings made with sh3d and Sunflow to be quite close.
I concur, I think. Yes, the demo is astonishing, but what is more remarkable to me, are the illustrations Cec has created with SH3D/Sunflow. Which proves
1) the strength of SH3D/Sunflow combined with ease of use,
2) that it is not only a question of software, but the skill with which it is used.

Thanks for the thread and posts, though, even if I would not aspire to (or need) such beautiful renderings, they are still a delight to watch.

ok
[Jul 3, 2018, 5:14:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Ceciliabr, please post more. I can't get enough of seeing your works.
[Jul 9, 2018, 1:15:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved