Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208691 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

..haven't actually created an overhang, I have only applied a 90 degrees rotation to a terrain...
Oh, that sounds easy... But then there is making the terrain, adding good lightsources, get the perspective right. Devil is in the detail. Hard to get right, but mastered elegantly in your example. Very impressive. Looking forward to the story, my imagination is already filled with all sorts of exciting childhood adventures. Thanks for sharing. ok
[Feb 7, 2018, 9:33:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Oh, that sounds easy... But then there is making the terrain,
But... I have already given away a low-poly terrain:
http://sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,7389#33260

So all you need is a nice rock texture and a creative mind smile

Here is a Nice Rock Texture: http://ceciliabr.com/FH5/rocky-mountain-texture.jpg ...

Here is a new tunnel:

When I was little, I practically grew up on a film set. I quickly picked up on the rules of the trade, and an old cameraman taught me how to make myself invisible. Never once was I scolded for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
In my life as a child, there were two realities:
One reality was my observation of the world that surrounded me – and the other reality was the world created for the camera – an illusion, a universe with transparent rooms, made for the sole purpose of producing an image.

So when I create a tunnel, my sole purpose is to make an illustration of a tunnel. I only make it for the camera. What's outside the camera frame, if anything at all, is totally unimportant. I move walls, doors and windows, and I create backdrops and false facades, just to get the shot I want – just like they did in the fantasy factory I loved to be in when I was little.

Here is the project file:
http://ceciliabr.com/FH5/Terr64.sh3d
You probably won't find any use for it smile

... and here is a creative mind:

Cec
[Feb 8, 2018, 2:07:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Wow!
Thank you for this exquisite elaboration! I hadn't foreseen that my humble question would result in all this.

I'm not unfamiliar with film-sets, and I know exactly what you are talking about. Myself I find film-sets a very boring place to be where you wait and wait and wait, and then you wait some more.
I used to read Hermann Hesse while I waited for the endless discussions to reach a conclusion. But this was 30 years ago.

Thanks again, and I'm sure I will find something usable and inspirational in the your project file.

X
[Feb 8, 2018, 12:58:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

[May 28, 2018, 1:13:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Following the right branch:

A tiny metro-station.

A train is coming...

... and leaving...

... and arriving at the Madonna Park Station.

[Jun 6, 2018, 9:16:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Very nice Cecilia smile
You really succeed to give a special atmosphere to your images.
Would the fluorescent lights in the metro station be an attempt to use the new light types developed by EnkoNyito?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 6, 2018, 10:07:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..special atmosphere to your images...
Yes really! I am quite taken every time. These evoke a strange mix of Max Payne, Lord of the Rings and Nordic noir. It is easy to imagine your images as part of a film or game - the full story begging to be told. ok
[Jun 7, 2018, 9:39:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Puybaret

Thank you smile !

Would the fluorescent lights in the metro station be an attempt to use the new light types developed by EnkoNyito?

The fluorescents were created prior to the introduction of Enkonyito'a new light sources. They are created with the Illum 0 option in the mtl -file.
But the light-box on the left side of first image was created using Eenko's new light panels for sidelights and backlight.

cec
[Jun 7, 2018, 11:47:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

a strange mix of Max Payne, Lord of the Rings and Nordic noir

I was 20 when my father took me to a cinema in London to see Dark City. My first thought when it ended, was that I had to see this film again.
And I did, again and again and again, until I knew it by heart.
And not long after that, I got to see another film that made an equally strong impression on my young mind. The Thirteenth Floor .
I have written a lot in my diary about these films, and looking at this today I can see where my fascination for 3D-creations is coming from.
How can I be so fascinated by nothing? , I wrote, and went on writing about the mystery with 3D-created worlds – places that only exists within their own space – and outside that space; nothing. Nothingness must be "The Queen of Conundrum".

Of course, I had already seen Star Wars and Star Trek, but there were no presence of nothingness in any of them – quite the opposite: there were always something further out ; something in a galaxy far, far away – both in time and space – not even a tiny discussion ever arose about what lies beyond, and no spaceship was ever lost in nothingness, as a result of travelling past the end of the universe. How disappointing...
Every time I create a 3D domain, it feels like it's being surrounded by an infinite dynamic space of virtual nothingness (it must be what God felt when she created the universe).

Well, I'm rambling, being in a state of dazed happiness that is natures reward to anyone reproducing themselves.

You are right about Film noir and TLOTR. That's where most of my inspiration comes from.
Max Payne is probably something I should familiarize myself with?

BTW: The headlights on the train are created with your "Focus Beam".

Cec
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Jun 7, 2018, 1:10:02 PM]
[Jun 7, 2018, 1:06:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Max Payne is probably something I should familiarize myself with?
Yes, maybe, in light of your film references. I am no gamer and not up-to-date, but as I have worked with media (and especially media impact on children) for many years, I needed to play myself through a few games. A friend recommended Max Payne. Never mind the storyline and shoting, but the atmosphere is arguably amongst the most captivating: Dark, empty streets with litter blowing, rats squeaking, rattling wire fences, neon lights and electricity sparking, eerie/ominous background sounds - but maybe most of all the sombre graphics with film noir qualities. But this was many years ago, so my memories could be deceiving, but I certainly can remember pulp fiction novels (as in cheap paperbacks, not the film) springing to life. YouTube might be enough to give you a general impression of how the graphics was used in the Max Payne the game (I certainly would not waste time on the subsequent film which has few, if any, of the same qualities), for instance:
MAX PAYNE - 15 Years of Pain
Max Payne Gameplay HD
But quite a few other clips on YouTube if you search, lots of fans out there.
Maybe not quite like a live game impression, but still.
ok
[Jun 7, 2018, 4:18:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved