Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208773 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

No words again... Have atmosphere,have invention,have colors,have style.... perfect
Yes, there is no more to say really. And the coolest thing is that not only do the pictures invoke the dreams and fantasies of lost worlds, but I get this urge to live there... Very nice indeed. So, where will the story be published? ok
[Jan 19, 2018, 9:43:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@hal9000
the water bottles in the dinner table look in general a bit "ethereal" more than translucent, and in particular the one closer to the camera in the close-up image.

You are absolutely right. That's something I shall have to work on.

I guess it's in part because the image seen through the bottles is not being distorted by the refraction, as it should.

Yes, I believe my Ni-setting is too low. I will do some more experiments.
Anyway, I think this is a discussion for the Bar.

Thanks for your comments. smile

cec
[Jan 31, 2018, 2:26:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

I guess it's in part because the image seen through the bottles is not being distorted by the refraction, as it should.

Yes, I believe my Ni-setting is too low. I will do some more experiments.
Anyway, I think this is a discussion for the Bar.
A summary / dummies guide would be welcome. Wavefront .obj / .mtl documentation tends to require a fair amount of patience. It is almost more annoying getting effects without understanding why, like the 'one can to rule them all' experiment.

ok

[Jan 31, 2018, 3:02:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@okh
A summary / dummies guide would be welcome

Yepp!

Wavefront .obj / .mtl documentation tends to require a fair amount of patience

A fair amount of patience...
Glass, and other transparent reflective surfaces, take a long time to render.
I have been experimenting with glass lately.

I'm still experimenting.

cec

EDIT: Wrong picture displayed.
Now it's right.

cec

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Jan 31, 2018, 7:01:04 PM]
[Jan 31, 2018, 4:01:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Glass, and other transparent reflective surfaces, take a long time to render. I have been experimenting with glass lately.
Yes, although we should be moving to the bar...

Not being a patient renderer, the time it took to render glassware made me try some simplifications. When testing, it would be interesting to compare models taken to an absolute minimum, a fraction of the sizes in existing models. Just to test how low it is possible to go. Not equal in quality, but superficial tests indicate renderings so much faster that it may be worth it for my purposes: a half decent result without keeping the PC busy all night. See pm. ok
[Jan 31, 2018, 6:03:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..experimenting with glass...
Forgot what I set out to say, that is a pretty perfect render. Do not want to spoil anything so I shall not ask how long the rendering took. But very, very beautiful it is.

ok

PS. Anyone who does not fully appreciate the left bottle: an out-of-this-world experience and no Danish cloudberries should ever be served without a light sprinkle Danish MM.
[Jan 31, 2018, 6:27:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@OKH

Sorry! It was the wrong image. It had no relevance to this thread. I have changed it now.

But thanks for your nice comment anyway...

(I will comment on your thread later, and post the image there)

Cecilia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Jan 31, 2018, 7:12:27 PM]
[Jan 31, 2018, 7:09:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

EDIT: Wrong picture displayed.
Now it's right.

cec

Not only it's the right picture, but the picture is right. Now I can believe the bottles are there, instead they have been replaced by a bottle image printed in cellophane... laughing

Congratulations and thanks for all these beautiful renders.
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Feb 1, 2018, 10:26:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@Xiste

...it seems you have been able to create an overhang (…) and I'm curious about how you managed that.

Sorry for answering so late.
Well, I haven't actually created an overhang, I have only applied a 90 degrees rotation to a terrain:

Then I used the rotated terrain to create the tunnel:

Cec
[Feb 7, 2018, 3:36:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Waouh, Cecilia! Thanks to share this manufacturing secret!
[Feb 7, 2018, 8:37:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved