Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208794 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

With regard to your "inspiration" what i see is a dull, overcast misty day that gives the impression it either is, or has been raining, hence the reflections from the road surface. I did try to recreate the fountain by creating rooms a similar shape, changed the transparency, result was really poor, copied newmtl Layer_1_Extrusion_Material, came out pink, copied newmtl Layer_1_Back_Inflation_Material, no transparency, added hanging light to file, exported it, looked at mtl and copied section for glass shade, and rendered like a dark pineapple frond, so i thought, its late, i've been up since 4 i'll give up. laughing
Outside moods of doom is a lamp post that is perfect for me to lean on, have a cigarette, while i wait for Deb to shop wink.
Keep posting, i learn more every time i study your images.
Mike
[May 20, 2019, 10:13:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Outside moods of doom is a lamp post that is perfect for me to lean on, have a cigarette, while i wait for Deb to shop wink.

Be a man! Go inside and get a pair of sexy garters for yourself wink

Here is a quick rendering of some glass & mirrors:

Here is the project file : GLASS&MIRRORS

Cec
[May 21, 2019, 10:21:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Believe me, you do not want an image of me wearing a suspender floating round in your head laughing
[May 24, 2019, 11:48:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

you do not want an image of me wearing a suspender floating round in your head
You never know, but I'll take your word for it wink

Be sure to visit Café Kokos at the Fortune Square when you're done shopping.

From the Café Kokos you can view the Harryville Walk while you enjoy a bottle of local wine.

Don't steal the ashtray! It's the only one left.

Cheers!

Cec
[May 25, 2019, 6:20:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Believe me, you do not want an image of me wearing a suspender floating round in your head
Having made an embarrassing suspender/braces mistake in the UK once, I believe you. Especially on a quiet Sunday morning enjoying the intriguing moods invoked by Cec' imagery... Beautiful as usual. ok
[May 26, 2019, 9:31:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I would happily join you at this table on a sunday morning for coffee, talk politics for 5 seconds then sweethome for a few hours, though the temptation to leave with a souvenir may prove to great. Cobbles looking better now too.
Mike
[May 26, 2019, 10:25:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

With regard to your "inspiration" what i see is a dull, overcast misty day that gives the impression it either is, or has been raining,

Well, that was the idea smile
The image is part of a sequence of images, following a story, and it's originally linked to this image http://ceciliabr.com/FH9/PC-FoggyDay.jpg
(Of course I don't publish all of my numerous renderings here – that would be spamming the forum.)

Cobbles looking better now too.
Thank you! smile
I made some new cobblestone modules with elements that can be individually textured, allowing for creating different patterns,
and even for creating occasional missing or damaged items.

I would happily join you at this table on a sunday morning for coffee, talk politics for 5 seconds then sweethome for a few hours

If you do, be sure to notice the Gluck's Pizza Foruna, right next to the café.

If you should desire to come back later, I suggest you pay it a visit.
It's easy to find, even after a bottle of Spitzbergen.

Due to recent regulations generated by the, for all intents and purposes, quite timely climate changes,
the old pizza ovens have been labelled a threat to the environment, and replaced with electrical ovens,
decently powered with electricity from the profit-making coal fired power plant.
Although it’s no longer in use, Mr. Gluck jr. has kept one of the old ovens that were so prematurely
forced into retirement.
The oven has of course been properly sealed and plated, in strict accordance with the latest regulations,
and it now serves as reminder, and as a decorative element, for people who are into that sort of thing…

Only four tables? Is that even profitable? you might think.
And quite rightly so. It's not.

Oh my gosh! They have left the door to the toilet wide open!

No, the pizza restaurant is not profitable.
What's profitable, however, is what you'll see should you choose to climb up the rather steep stairway.
On top you will find the quite lucrative bar above Gluck’s Pizza Fortuna, simply called
The Bar Above Gluck’s Pizza Fortuna”, in lack of a better name.

Like the Americans, citizens of Pong City are hosting an aversion to calling things by their real name.
So most people refer to The Bar above Gluck's Pizza Fortuna as The Church

This might be a bit confusing for the occasional visitor who are not accustomed to this mental defect,
so they might be lead to believe that ‘see you at the church later‘ means attending the evening
service at the Church Of The New Madonna.
The Church of the New Madonna, however, is publicly referred to as The Madd.

That should sum it up...

Cec
[Jun 2, 2019, 2:45:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Playing with shadow and light

Stairway to access the top floor:

Maybe go easy on the beer – and mind the stairs when you rush to the toilet.

An attempt to create beer taps and some glasses.

No Buddah Bar muzak played in Gluck's Bar!

Cec
[Jun 8, 2019, 8:16:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

So trendy! And so well done. No details are missing. Bravo!
[Jun 8, 2019, 9:30:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Thank you VeroniQ !
Doing the details is the fun part :)

C
[Jun 8, 2019, 5:32:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved