Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 185
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208888 times and has 184 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Sub-creation was a term used by J.R.R. Tolkien for a philosophical concept both inside and outside his legendarium.
The term was also used by Tolkien to refer to the process of world-building and creating myths.
In this context, a human author is a 'little maker' creating his own world as a sub-set within God's primary creation.
Like the beings of Middle-earth, Tolkien saw his works as mere emulation of the true creation performed by God.

The city is expanding

The New Park Avenue

The Police Station

Parking

Slammer Square – some people are waiting for the bus.

After the expansion, The Creator finds the situation being perfect for inserting an unexpected report into the plot.

The report deals with topics like:

* To what extent can we trust The Creator?
* What if her creation grows to a point where the amount of variables becomes unmanageable?
* What if her creations start acting without directives?
* What if one of The Creators creations starts to create a creation within the creation?

( At this point of the story I will place a chapter that tells my girls about social consciousness, self awareness, and expected behaviour – and about the social contract that regulates the relationship between society, government, and the individual. Hopefully I will make them understand that here in Denmark, the individual is buying welfare and security from from the state, and not from private profit based companies.)

Cec
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Dec 22, 2019, 8:06:55 PM]
[Dec 22, 2019, 8:05:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

These are incredible images Very realistic. Must have taken some time to both construct and render.
* What if one of The Creators creations starts to create a creation within the creation?

Are you familiar with Jorge Luis Borges collection of short stories called "Ficciones" It's called "Fictions" in english and "Labyrinter" in Norwegian. (The Norwegian translation is very good.)
A creation within a creation, a dream within a dream. Is it possible to imagine something so hard that it becomes real?
If you haven't read it I can recommend it , both to you and to your girls as they get older.

I think your girls are very fortunate to have you creating this universe for them.

Xiste
[Dec 26, 2019, 1:21:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Are you familiar with Jorge Luis Borges collection of short stories called "Ficciones"

Oh yes, I absolutely know Borges. I read Fiktioner for the first time when I was 13, and I have read it again several times after that.
Thanks for reminding me.
[Dec 28, 2019, 8:06:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Happy New Year!

Cec
[Dec 31, 2019, 5:39:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Happy New Year!

Cec

Beautiful fireworks!

Let 2020 be a flourishing year for Sweet Home 3D and its users. smile
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Jan 1, 2020, 6:04:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 185   Pages: 19   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved