Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 351 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
UbuntuBirdy

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Doesn't launch anymore in Ubuntu 17.10

There are no problems before in Ubuntu 17.04, but since i've upgradet to 17.10 sw3d does not launch, it does nothing. It's the version from the download section here on the site.
If i install the version from Ubuntu-Software, it runs without any problems, but this version has some limitations (e.g. the furniture can only displayed as icons in the plan).
[Oct 24, 2017 1:05:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Doesn't launch anymore in Ubuntu 17.10

If you unpack the download, there's a little program called SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2. Double-click it and then click Run.
[Oct 24, 2017 3:24:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just tried on a brand new image of Ubuntu 17.10 64 bit, and both scripts SweetHome3D and SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 run correctly (but with Java 3D 1.5.2, furniture seen from the top in the plan was black).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 24, 2017 4:01:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://www.eteks.com [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy

Switzerland

No luck, both scripts SweetHome3D and SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 do not run. Seems i have a java problem...
[Oct 24, 2017 4:34:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Check if you have the best video drivers installed.
I run Mint 18 (=Ubuntu 16.04?) with the Java script, and everything works perfectly.

H
[Oct 24, 2017 5:16:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy

Switzerland

It's not easy to run a polaris chip on Ubuntu. That's why i upgradet to 17.10 and always install the newest kernel, and that helps a lot.
But a upgradet 17.10 is not a clean system, so there are many many possible problems. And the reason why i run such a system ist the amd ryzen cpu that does not run properly with older ubuntu versions.
So, let's stop here, i can accept the limitations i wrote about and i will wait for 18.04 and then do a clean fresh installation.
[Oct 24, 2017 5:34:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2017 eTeks - All rights reserved