Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4031 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
qythyx

Japan
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Periodic crashes on Mac

I've been using Sweet Home 3D for a couple weeks now and let me first say thank you. This is an amazing product that I've found very helpful in designing our new home. Generally it works very well and I love it.

Having said that, I am getting crashes on Mac unfortunately frequently. It's not consistent, but happens every 30 minutes or so on average. There are some things that definitely make it more likely, like when I import furniture it often crashes. Other times it happens for no apparent reason.

I've gotten in the habit of saving often (and auto-save helps too), but the crashes are still annoying. Does anyone else see this or have any suggestions?

I'm running macOS Sierra on a 2017 MacBook Pro (not the latest one, but the one that came out early this year).

Also, out of curiosity, is there any plan to update SH3D to run on the latest version of Java? I just found it slightly annoying to need to install the older version to run it.

Thanks!
[Aug 31, 2017, 4:29:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Periodic crashes on Mac

It's already possible to run the free version of Sweet Home 3D with Oracle Java 8, if you run it with Java Web Start or with the Jar executable version.
Until now, I preferred to provide a DMG based on Apple Java 6 to ensure that as many as possible Mac OS X users can use it (including those under 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 where applications based on Java 7 or 8 can't run). But this may change sooner that later because in the latest Beta of High Sierra, the upcoming macOS update, some system libraries are still missing, preventing Sweet Home 3D to run with Java 6. If Apple doesn't want to fix this issue in the final release, I'll have to prepare a DMG based on Java 8 and Mac OS X 10.6 users will be able to run the newer versions of Sweet Home 3D only with Java Web Start or its Jar executable version (that's not so bad already!).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 2, 2017, 10:25:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
qythyx

Japan
Re: Periodic crashes on Mac

Oh cool, thanks. I'll try that.
[Sep 4, 2017, 5:14:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved