Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1971 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Simon_Franke

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Kompaß

Hallo,

ich habe mit Google Earth die Haus-Position ermittelt.
Wie übertrage ich diese Angaben in Sweet Home 3D ?
Wie ermittele ich den Wert "Richtung nach Norden" - kann man das aus den Google Erath Angaben berechnen ?

Vielen Dank
[Aug 23, 2017, 2:11:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Kompaß

Compass - forgive me for replying in English, but saying my German is rusty, would be an understatement.

Google Earth: Set a pin/placemark on the location. A window will appear with latitude and longtitude. These numbers can be copied into the Compass in SH3D. Note that SH3D only uses three digits (and decimal degrees, which I think is what Google Earth does too - pay attention to the decimal separarator, you may need to change from . to , ) Google Earth does not, I think, report compass direction numerically, except the rough navigation compass in the top right corner. Click N to orient the map towards North.

OpenStreetMap: Find location, and zoom in. Lat/long will display in the url-bar on top of the window. OpenStreetMap is oriented (roughly) with North up.

So, setting the location is fairly straightforward. As for compass direction, there are a couple of options. One is to use a normal compass on site (deviation/variation may cause some inaccuracy). A more accurate orientation can be obtained from measuring the angle on a map (or a screenshot of a map with accurate North indication - map software probably best, but the Gimp/Inkscape will also let you measure accurate angles).

With some knowledge of navigation (and some navigation software and web tools) it is possible to calculate with a high level of accuracy (e.g. to calculate accurate angles to a dish antennae), but for most SH3D purposes, a rough compass angle will do (one degree equals 4 minutes in the sun rendering). SH3D does calculate the sun position for rendering pretty accurately (unsure about compensating for the Equation of time ), but that I have not checked). Using Sunlight simulation , it is possible to get a surprisingly good idea of how the sun moves around the house, when windows fall in the shade from trees buildings etc.
[Aug 26, 2017, 11:36:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Simon_Franke

Re: Kompaß

Thank you very much
[Aug 26, 2017, 10:46:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved