Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11284 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
sorrow

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to know what measurements to set on imported floorplan with no scale present

Hi all,

I am importing a floorplan with no scales present so that I can draw it out on Sweethome 3D, just to check how should i go about setting the dimensions as the system prompts me to insert a measurement before i can click continue.

Many thanks in advance.
[Aug 6, 2017, 7:43:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How to know what measurements to set on imported floorplan with no scale present

Make a guess...

Sometimes beds are drawn in bedrooms, take those as a guideline and set them as 200 or 210 cm in length.
Kitchen sinks are usually around 60 cms deep, you could take those.
It's not perfect, but better than nothing.
Use the zoom function to enlarge your background image.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 6, 2017, 8:40:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sorrow

Re: How to know what measurements to set on imported floorplan with no scale present

Make a guess...

Sometimes beds are drawn in bedrooms, take those as a guideline and set them as 200 or 210 cm in length.
Kitchen sinks are usually around 60 cms deep, you could take those.
It's not perfect, but better than nothing.
Use the zoom function to enlarge your background image.

H

Hi Hansmex, thanks for your advice, so meaning i have to make a wild guess as nothing that allows an auto gauge even if i have the total area in sqft. crying crying crying
[Aug 6, 2017, 8:47:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you have the total area, you can make a first guess. Make a room that equals your total area, and compare the room size with the given surface. Adjust scale according to need.

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Aug 6, 2017, 9:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..take those as a guideline and set them as 200 or 210 cm in length...
Or sometimes 190cm outside Holland/Scandinavia smile
Hansmex' advice is good as there is usually some identifiable length somewhere in the drawing (pick the longest). Even a door/window could give an approximate result as long as the proportions are correct.
..a wild guess as nothing that allows an auto gauge even if i have the total area in sqft...
Actually, if you have the area, you might be able to make an estimation of the length of one wall. After you have the approximation (I would not call it a wild guess). You can go back and adjust. Create a room in the drawing and see how well it matches the area you have. Then you can change the measurements in the background drawing. When you start drawing a couple of walls, often the lengths will become apparent as there are often some standard measurements in a plan.

ok
[Aug 6, 2017, 10:00:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sorrow

..take those as a guideline and set them as 200 or 210 cm in length...
Or sometimes 190cm outside Holland/Scandinavia smile
Hansmex' advice is good as there is usually some identifiable length somewhere in the drawing (pick the longest). Even a door/window could give an approximate result as long as the proportions are correct.
..a wild guess as nothing that allows an auto gauge even if i have the total area in sqft...
Actually, if you have the area, you might be able to make an estimation of the length of one wall. After you have the approximation (I would not call it a wild guess). You can go back and adjust. Create a room in the drawing and see how well it matches the area you have. Then you can change the measurements in the background drawing. When you start drawing a couple of walls, often the lengths will become apparent as there are often some standard measurements in a plan.

ok
Hi Hansmex, Okh, noted and thank you, I'm still abit new to these, let me see how I can upload the drawing on google drive or dropbox and see if anyone can guide a stupid me from there crying
[Aug 6, 2017, 2:04:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..let me see how I can upload the drawing on google drive or dropbox and see if anyone can guide a stupid me from there...
I once asked a local fisherman that I could not understand how he could navigate his boat through an archipelago avoiding every numerous, unmarked, underwater rock. His answer was: "How do you think I found them?" Your question is not stupid, I only reply because I have wasted some time trying to figure it out smile
[Aug 6, 2017, 4:01:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sorrow

..let me see how I can upload the drawing on google drive or dropbox and see if anyone can guide a stupid me from there...
I once asked a local fisherman that I could not understand how he could navigate his boat through an archipelago avoiding every numerous, unmarked, underwater rock. His answer was: "How do you think I found them?" Your question is not stupid, I only reply because I have wasted some time trying to figure it out smile

Thank you Okh, hope I didn't say anything wrong biggrin
anyways as mentioned, I included a floorplan i wanted to draw in general, its a 1,066 sqft 3 bedders unit. Was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with a visual image as I understand you and Hansmex was telling me some dimensions, so maybe a visual would be better to explain. Thank you all once again. applause

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cufix2uuvfyeicc/Brooks%201066sqft.jpg?dl=0
[Aug 7, 2017, 2:06:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

... anyways as mentioned, I included a floorplan i wanted to draw in general, its a 1,066 sqft 3 bedders unit. Was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with a visual image as I understand you and Hansmex was telling me some dimensions, so maybe a visual would be better to explain...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cufix2uuvfyeicc/Brooks%201066sqft.jpg?dl=0
Hi,

For me there is one unuseless bath : this bath3 far in the rear of the kitchen.
If it possible for you, Near BR3, you delete it and you can grow up the BR3...

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Aug 7, 2017, 7:16:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Try this file , took me al of 10 minutes.
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Aug 7, 2017, 8:56:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved