Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 82223 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 1928 Home Builders Catalog Co. house plans

I'm still in the process of rendering new pictures of "The Daviston", but here's a sneak peak of them.

Front Aerial View.
----------------------------------------

[Sep 27, 2020, 11:26:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Really lovely and well done!
[Sep 27, 2020, 11:43:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

So I've finally got all of the pictures rendered.

Here's the current file for the house.

And here's a quick reminder of what the house plan originally looked.

And here are all of the pictures (I'm even including the one I shared as a 'preview').

Front Aerial

Front Virtual Visitor (although, with the way that I'd originally created this house, the Virtual Visitor is standing about three-and-a-half to four feet above the ground...) I've made some changes to the chimney, making it out of a different brick as well as adding the chimney top.

Back Aerial

Back Virtual Visitor

I have not made any changes to the roofing, so there is still a bit of it on the back that I don't like -- the spot where the roofing 'splits' on the Top Floor. I don't see anytime in the future where I would try and figure out how to 'fix' that spot...

Front Entrance, standing on the top step landing.

Inside the front entrance area, from the base of the stairs. I'm not sure if there is enough head room at that first bend of the stairs, but I had to add a 'box' to continue the upstairs hallway, otherwise there wouldn't be any way to access the front bedroom (the one with the sewing room attached, that I have decorated as storage for said sewing room).

I think that I might have the front door a bit too shiny though...

Powder Room. I think that I have the walls shiny enough that the reflections of the door and the window can be distinguished.

Living Room (four angles), and the Sitting Room. I believe that I had opened up the entrance area, Living Room and Dining Room; I felt that the walls made each room smaller... and now that I think about it maybe I should have done the same thing with the Sitting Room... and possibly the Sewing Room upstairs...

Dining Room, two angles. I added a built-in, recessed cabinet. A bit of a convoluted story, but when I went to take the picture of the back entrance stairwell to the basement, I thought that the space back there was wasted. As I'm looking at it, I'm thinking that since I have that I don't know if I need the China cabinet anymore...

Kitchen, two angles. Not much changed here; mostly I just changed the textures, but I did change out the cooker for what's there now.

Back Entrance stairwell to Basement. The built-in, recessed cabinet addition is somewhat visible here, with the bit of wall and such above the basement door.

Basement, two angles. I think that I might have all the stuff down there a bit crowded...

Now onto the Top Floor.

Main Bathroom. I changed out the bathtub that had previously been in here, added the light over the sink and mirrored cabinet (which I also made more recessed into the wall), and changed the wall color.

Front Chamber/Bedroom and Sewing Room. The only change that I remember making here is the roof beams in the Sewing Room.

Middle Chamber, decorated as the Master Bedroom. I changed out dresser, mirror and lamps for smaller bit-sized ones. I think that those are the only changes.

Back Chamber, two views. I changed the footlockers and the lamp for smaller bit-sized ones. I think that those are the only changes.

Attic, two angles. My poor roofing placement is very evident here, as the area should be (I believe) a rectangle, and the fold-away stairs from the Top Floor is between those roof parts.

And I just realized that I haven't rendered pictures of the Garage, or the Storage space above it, not to mention the screen shots of each level, and I need to get to bed. I'll try to include them in the next few days.

[Sep 29, 2020, 11:02:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

As I'm rendering the pictures for the garage and its storage, I've decided to make a few of the changes I'd mentioned above, mainly opening up the sitting room. I'm at the point where I'm looking at the setup, and I don't the dark wood on the long windows... windows that cannot be a different color on the inside than on the outside... which would mean that if I change their color I'll have to change the color on all of the other windows (I think), and take new pictures of the outside. Yikes, no. So I'll leave the window frames dark wood... and I'll get some new pictures of the living room, sitting room, dining room, and kitchen.

Anyway, here are the pictures of the Garage and the Storage area above it.

The storage area is really quite large; I don't know if I can but it looks to me like there might be space maybe for an extra living area? Or not... and I just realized that the floor is very shiny (why I didn't catch that earlier I haven't a clue)... leaving that... for now... I might make more changes to the garage later, as it looks maybe like there could be room for another car?

As for the screen shots of each level, I'll get those done (as well as sharing the updated file) after I've finished retaking the pictures previously mentioned...

[Sep 30, 2020, 7:50:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Okay, here's the changes.

Living Room/Sitting Room/Dining Room/Kitchen

As you can see, I opened up the Sitting Room area by taking out the door frame and wall, and in so doing completely changed around the furniture in there. No longer are there the corner bookcases as before that wrapped around that room, but now has the tall built in bookcases surrounding the short ones and the window. I was able to spread the chairs out in there, add a round rug, oval coffee table, standing lamp, and even a potted plant/tree. Now that space seems so huge!

Also, I didn't like how plain the ceiling looked afterward, that the space seemed to no longer be defined as a separate area (I know, that was part of why I was opening it up in the first place), and just to make it visibly a bit separated I added a 'box' to create a blended beam so to speak. I'm not sure how to word that as I don't have technical training in architecture.

I did that same thing between the Dining Room and the Kitchen. I took out the door frame and the wall between the two rooms, added a blended beam for a visual distinction between the two rooms, and narrowed the China cabinet to fit better against that wall (also took off the wainscoting on that little strip of wall). Because of opening up the space, I ended up doing two small changes to the Kitchen. 1. I changed the wall color because now that part of one of its walls is now basically included in the Dining Room I couldn't just leave them blue. 2. I shortened the cabinets on the refrigerator wall so that walking into the Kitchen didn't feel so 'claustrophobic'.

I did keep the wainscoting on 2 of the Dining Room walls, basically as a 'nod' to the historic/retro roots of the original design.

I'm not sure I like how 'tall' the table set looks in the Dining Room, but that's such a small detail I don't really feel like it's worth fixing that.

Now, on to the Garage.

Different angles, plus an updated Front Aerial view, but the changes are more apparent I feel.

I found that there was enough room in the Garage for 2 cars, although getting out of both at the same time probably would be a terrible idea. Anyway, in adding the second car I figured it would be better to have 2 garage doors instead of just 1, so I shortened the one I already had in place then copied/pasted a second one next to it.

I also took the shine out of the floor.

Lastly, I figured that converting the Storage area above to Garage into an apartment of some sort would be way too much work, mainly because of how low the two sides get, that I just left it as is.

And finally, the screen shots for each level.

[Sep 30, 2020, 11:11:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I figured I'd add another house that I found on Pinterest here, since it's another vintage catalog house although I don't know who created/sold it. It's part of this blog post. http://upcycledugly.com/history-design/

I've been recently watching a US TV show called "Good Bones" and how they have been renovating vintage homes in their local neighborhoods inspired me to work on this one. Just a quick disclaimer though; I've only started working on these so I don't have anything except walls, floors (and labeled them), doors and windows added, and only the main floor.

Um... I'm having a bit of trouble actually sharing the pictures from MediaFire... I guess I'll just add the links to them?

https://www.mediafire.com/view/g1a6v1shh28b238/PinterestFloorPlan.jpg/file
The original image from Pinterest.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/h0f63otyqu8p648/PinterestFloorPlanSH3D.png/file
My rendition of the original floor plan.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/gd5tujoj1ajycy...oorPlan-Modified.png/file
My modification of the original floor plan.

The Great Room includes a large Living area, Dining area (basically where it was in the original) and the Kitchen (now where one of the bedrooms had been). I've made the Pantry area into the main bathroom, the original kitchen is now the smaller of the two bedrooms, the original bathroom is now a laundry room (I also moved the back door to this room), moved the wall between the two original bedrooms so that I can add in a Master bathroom to the larger of the two bedrooms.

I hope that isn't confusing...

[Aug 10, 2021, 3:28:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Good choices, but the bedroom won't be too small?
[Aug 10, 2021, 11:56:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Personally, I don’t think so, but once I start furnishing the rooms I think then that I will have a better idea if I have to add more space. I haven’t been on the program today, so I’ll try and check tomorrow.

[Aug 12, 2021, 9:47:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've been able to do a quick furnishing of my modification of the Pinterest house, with very little texture change.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/3o90rpc54s7c9a...2_at_10.43.14_PM.png/file

The only change with the walls that I made was with the Master Bedroom closets, making them 2'6" in depth instead of 2'9" or so. I don't know if that change makes much difference, as I think that there was enough room for the queen bed. It seems to me that I was able to fit the basic furnishings into the rooms.

And I just realized that I had not added the links to the files in my previous comments.

Pinterest Floor Plan - Original

Pinterest Floor Plan - Modified

[Aug 13, 2021, 7:42:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

So I've taken photos of the rooms in the Pinterest house, after changing textures, adding lighting, and making other moderate modifications.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mgvgt9z4785oy/08-18-2021

[Aug 18, 2021, 11:01:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved