Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5153 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
WenFai

CN
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Using 'one story of floor' to build up whole mansion

Hi everyone,
I am a rookie for sweet home 3D. I'm also a programer from China. So please forgive my poor English blushing
We find it easy to build up one story of floor using sweet home 3D. The questions are:
1. Is it possible just using this one story of floor to build up the whole mansion automatically(NOT copy the story to build up mansion manually)? As we know, a mansion is prone to having same structure of all storys.
2. Also, is it possible for the 3D mansion built as question 1 NOT loading all storys of floor as it may take long time. We just click the mansion and will go to the 3D view for one story of floor?

Best Wishes & Regard
WenFai
[Jul 7, 2017, 2:43:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Using 'one story of floor' to build up whole mansion

I don't think it's possible to reuse the plan of one story to build all the stories without a major change in the program. But with a plug-in, you could quite easily clone the objects of an existing plan on multiple stories.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 7, 2017, 6:30:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

I achieve something similar by setting the wall height to the height of the building.

This way if I have a 9m tall building with 3 levels, by making the walls 9m high on the first level, level 2 and 3's view already contain the walls that project into the space.
[Jul 8, 2017, 4:54:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
WenFai

CN

I achieve something similar by setting the wall height to the height of the building.

This way if I have a 9m tall building with 3 levels, by making the walls 9m high on the first level, level 2 and 3's view already contain the walls that project into the space.

Thanks~ Your method is easy to achieve the main structure of the mansion. But we cannot get windows of stories on wall.
[Jul 11, 2017, 2:36:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
WenFai

CN

I don't think it's possible to reuse the plan of one story to build all the stories without a major change in the program. But with a plug-in, you could quite easily clone the objects of an existing plan on multiple stories.

Thanks~
I have some questions listed as below:
1. What is the plug-in's name for cloning stories?
2. For my specific requirement, can I develop a plug-in to satisfy it?
3. I viewed the thread [Deploying SweetHome3D, to be embeded in webpage]. Is it ok for us to add self-develop plug-in in to webpage for SweetHome3D?
[Jul 11, 2017, 2:54:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This plug-in doesn't exist. You'll have to program it.

Normally, I think plug-ins are supported in the online version if you add it to classpath. But I'm not sure it still works. Sorry, don't expect more help on the applet version, because applets require the Java plugin, a dying solution since it's still supported only under IE and Safari.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 12, 2017, 12:48:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xt255641

I think its easy to make the walls on further floors by simply redrawing then on the new floor.

Sweet Home 3D allow you to "align" new walls on floors both above and below by simply using the "alignment vertices" that walls give.

Example:

You draw a room on a house and make a new floor by adding a new tab for that floor. When go to that tab you can see the floor below "greyed out" and when placing new walls you can notice the align lines that appear when you move the mouse at certain locations because the program is assuming you wish to align the new walls to the ones below.

That way you can remake the walls on each floor and that would allow you to place new doors and windows
[Jul 31, 2017, 8:16:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
WenFai

CN

I think its easy to make the walls on further floors by simply redrawing then on the new floor.

Sweet Home 3D allow you to "align" new walls on floors both above and below by simply using the "alignment vertices" that walls give.

Example:

You draw a room on a house and make a new floor by adding a new tab for that floor. When go to that tab you can see the floor below "greyed out" and when placing new walls you can notice the align lines that appear when you move the mouse at certain locations because the program is assuming you wish to align the new walls to the ones below.

That way you can remake the walls on each floor and that would allow you to place new doors and windows

Thanks for your reply.
I have realized for my requirement by just simply setting the wall height and copying doors and windows. Then we can see the structure for the mansion. Still there having some issues but we just thinking ways to solve them.
[Aug 2, 2017, 2:30:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved