Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5539 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Weird glitch with modifying picture in frames

I was just in one of my projects adding framed pictures, and when I went to modify it to have an imported picture the picture was coming up upside down.

The picture I'm trying to use is right side up in the texture library.

I've tried it with different frames that are in the basic library, using different pictures in the texture library, all with the same result.

The program wasn't doing that earlier today either. sad
----------------------------------------

[May 3, 2017, 7:46:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Weird glitch with modifying picture in frames

Never seen anything like this Aeowyn, sorry. Good luck
Mike
[May 5, 2017, 5:57:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Aeowyn,

Strange !

Have you try to reboot your pc ?

Can you do a new test with a new frame ?

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 5, 2017, 6:17:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Where does this frame come from?
Are you sure you didn't rotate it upside down in the second step of the Furniture import wizard?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 5, 2017, 6:33:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I'd never seen anything like this before either, Mike.

I'm using the program on a Mac, and I turn my computer off every night. I also make sure to close all programs before I turn off my computer as well.

I had tried with different frames - all of which are part of the basic program - and have the same problem, prior to my initial posting (although I didn't get screenshots at the time).

I just tested it using another frame (again), also part of the basic library, and got the same issue...

The frame I used in my initial posting is one of the ones that's part of the basic library when the program is loaded, listed in the Miscellaneous folder, called "Frame Inari". It wasn't one that I'd imported. The only thing that's imported is the picture.

I just tried it on a brand new project (after shutting the program down and restarting it), but didn't get the same issue...

I've also just tried it on another of my full projects, but didn't get the same issue either...

Could it be some sort of glitch that's just in that one file? Here's the project file:

Tudor Castle Redraft Alt 3.sh3d

[May 5, 2017, 9:38:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Aeowyn,

I downloaded and tested your file.
At the beginning all is OK with a new frame with its picture. smile

But when I put a new frame with a new imported picture, I have the same problem like you... sick

A bug or a problem in your sh3d... wait Manu's answer. wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 6, 2017, 4:56:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks Aeowyn for sharing your file in which I could display your issue.
Unfortunately, the origin of this problem isn't easy to find, because it seems to depend on the other objects you added to the scene, and probably on the texture you set on their materials. This will need more investigation...
[May 6, 2017, 2:55:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I fixed this bug in version 5.5. Thanks for your patience smile
[Sep 6, 2017, 5:57:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved