Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13677 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Ash2k

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
create room with exact size impossible

Hi,

I am trying to create a room which has accurate measures, but it seems, I can only generate measures on 2 mm exact measure instead of 1 mm.

My room is 1555mm long but I can only create one with 1554mm or 1556mm lenght, is there any way to make it exactly 1555 mm long ?
[Apr 9, 2017, 9:22:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: create room with exact size impossible

Hi,
I am trying to create a room which has accurate measures, but it seems, I can only generate measures on 2 mm exact measure instead of 1 mm.
My room is 1555mm long but I can only create one with 1554mm or 1556mm lenght, is there any way to make it exactly 1555 mm long ?
Hi,

Did you try to reduce the thickness of the wall of 2 mm ?
(1 mmm for each side).

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Apr 10, 2017, 6:56:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ash2k

Hi,

where can I do such a thing ? I did not even know, there is a wall, if I create a room, I think creating a wall is something diffrent.
[Apr 10, 2017, 8:06:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Did you read the user's guide ?
[Apr 10, 2017, 10:38:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ash2k

So I have to read all to find out, how to create a room, with a size of 1 mm more ?

Look it is a simple question, I am not unexperienced with other pretty similar tools. I only not understand, how to make my room 1555 mm long that is all.
If this program is not able to do so, then it is bullshit and I download another one, simple as my question is.

My room has no walls yet, because it does not show the exact size I want it to have.
[Apr 10, 2017, 3:42:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

So I have to read all to find out, how to create a room, with a size of 1 mm more ?
Look it is a simple question, I am not unexperienced with other pretty similar tools. I only not understand, how to make my room 1555 mm long that is all.
If this program is not able to do so, then it is bullshit and I download another one, simple as my question is.
My room has no walls yet, because it does not show the exact size I want it to have.
Your brain is strange !
A room without wall is a terrace... laughing

But I'm agree with you about the distances 1554 or 1556 are only available, not 1555 mm. crying
So tell us why 1 mm is important for you ?

Wait after Manu's answer... wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Apr 10, 2017, 4:15:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ash2k

The room, and wall are even 2 diffrent symbols in this program.

Why 1 mm is important ?
Sry ?

This is a 3D design program, isn't it ?

It is used to make plans of rooms, and if I can't realize my room in it, it simply does not fulfill it's purpose at all.

If that room is 1mm longer or shorter, it will not fit into the other 3D Environment.

This program looks pretty good, but it is useless, I am sry, all your hard work for nothing.

It's only coold for kids.

Thx for "help" cu
and good luck
[Apr 10, 2017, 4:33:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Possibility 1
To draw EXACT lengths, use this feature:
- select the Walls button
- click for first point of wall
- hit Enter
- a small window pops up where you can enter the exact length of the wall, angle and thickness
- make walls 1 mm longer than needed and set wall thickness to 1 mm

Your walls will have your exact dimensions.

Possibility 2
If you have the AdvancedEdit plug-in installed, you could also draw a room, then EditPoints to set the exact room dimensions.
- select the Room button
- draw a room that has the approximate size and shape you need
- edit the room points using Plan --> Edit Points
- select the Walls button
- double click on the room: walls will be drawn around your room

Good luck with this "kids program".
Maybe you should study the user guide and help files before drawing conclusions?

Hans

My motto in life:
If you don't know how to use a program: blame the program, not yourself!
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Apr 11, 2017, 8:16:26 AM]
[Apr 11, 2017, 8:02:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lordthistle

I agree with the original poster that this functionality is a little too counter-intuitive (by far the most "difficult" among the 3D design programs I have used). I have exactly the same difficulties.

I have installed the advanced edit plugin, but I cannot find the "plan -> edit points" menu item. However, long menus are not fully visible on the screen and they do not scroll so may be the item is not visible.
[Nov 24, 2021, 5:48:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could try to create rooms first as explained in this video.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 24, 2021, 10:13:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved