Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 109
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 219734 times and has 108 replies Next Thread
NickV

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3d View suddenly impossibly slow

Been using SH3D on my laptop for ages...all fine. Suddenly 3d view is slow yet task manager shows no problems. I thought my model had grown too big but not even a single wall renders and rotates freely! I even tried reinstalling...

Could a Java or app software upgrade have stuffed things up...its become unusable now although planning works fine.

No known issues wit the laptop which is relatively clean and virus free.
[Apr 8, 2017, 1:51:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain
Poor performance on desktop application 3D View compared to HTML5 viewer.

Although not sure if this is the same problem reported by NickV, I'm using the same thread as the topic at least seems to match.

I cannot tell from what SH3D version or when this started to happen, because I've not used much SH3D lately, but I noticed the 3D view performance is now poorer than some time ago.

To test it I used the file "SweetHome3DExample7.sh3d" from the gallery. I must apologise for the image quality, but I recorded the videos with the my smartphone so any "leaps" or frame drops observed could not be caused by an screen recording software.

First, just to get a rough idea of the graphics card performance (an ATI Radeon HD 4300), this is a video of an ATI demo released for the Radeon 8000:

https://youtu.be/BEnYqSrj3Z0

Of course I don't know how complex or simple is this demo compared to the 3D representation of the example 7.

Now, the next two videos show the virtual visit mode and the aerial view in the desktop application:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgOD65_Prac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTUUh1vvi2Y

And the next two videos show the virtual visit mode and the aerial view with the file loaded in the HTML5 viewer launched by the "3D animation" button in the gallery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM4YvIWByi8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz8S58DWAbc

As you can see there's a big difference in performance between the two viewers.
----------------------------------------
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hal9000 at Apr 9, 2017, 9:38:30 PM]
[Apr 9, 2017, 11:50:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Poor performance on desktop application 3D View compared to HTML5 viewer.

Hi NickV Hi Hal
I have been experiencing similar but i assumed it was my pc or rather its graphics card struggling with the file size or the amount of information it is having to calculate whilst panning or dragging an object across the window. Mine becomes so slow i often have to close sh3d and restart it. When the project is basic, walls, roofs etc. i can pan, spin and drag with the same affect as viewing a html5 exported home, once i have a couple of rooms full, all goes pear shape.
MIke
[Apr 9, 2017, 9:29:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Javos

Chile

Hi.

I have the same problem. SH3D has become slow, very slow, since the last Windows update, specifically were 3 updates:
1.- Windows 10 v1607 (KB4015217)
2.- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
3.- Adobe Flash Player v1607 for Windows 10 (KB4018483)

I'll really appreciate your help to get a solution.
[Apr 14, 2017, 3:53:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Javos

Chile

I installed the Windows 10 Creators Update and solved the problem. ;)
[Apr 14, 2017, 10:11:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Not for me on my main computer ! crying
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Apr 15, 2017, 7:11:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

As bdfd said, not for me. I just installed the Creators Update and the 3d view is still slow.
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Apr 17, 2017, 9:15:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

hal9000, please install Java, download the Jar executable version of Sweet Home 3D, and run it with the following command in a cmd window:
java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.version=1.5.2 -jar /path/to/SweetHome3D-5.4.jar
(to get easily the path to SweetHome3D-5.4.jar, just drag and drop the file in the cmd window).
This will run Sweet Home 3D with an older version of Java 3D. I wonder if it will work better in your case.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 18, 2017, 10:43:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dddstudio

Magyarország

I can confirm. Since the last Win10 update, SH3D became very slow. Unusable this way.
[Apr 18, 2017, 12:48:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dddstudio

Magyarország

hal9000, please install Java, download the Jar executable version of Sweet Home 3D, and run it with the following command in a cmd window:
java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.version=1.5.2 -jar /path/to/SweetHome3D-5.4.jar
(to get easily the path to SweetHome3D-5.4.jar, just drag and drop the file in the cmd window).
This will run Sweet Home 3D with an older version of Java 3D. I wonder if it will work better in your case.

I have tried it, but no good.
[Apr 18, 2017, 12:50:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved