Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 109
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 219661 times and has 108 replies Next Thread
liborSH3D

cz
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3d View suddenly impossibly slow

I tried several suggestions, but none worked for me.
Then I followed this post, and suddenly rendering is smooth.
Don't forget to restart computer after settings applied:
https://superuser.com/questions/373290/disabl...e-acceleration-in-windows
[Jan 14, 2020, 9:02:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sandstone

USA

I'm a new user and have designed a multi-level home on the desktop version of Sweet Home 3D, all the while with a huge delay whenever I used the 3D Aerial View or Virtual Visitor, so much so that I rarely used the 3D features. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 7000 Laptop running an Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB RAM. To my knowledge, I don't have Java on this computer. Then one day, the 3D started running instantaneously! I would make a change in the plan and it would show up instantly on the 3D model. In aerial mode, I could change the view any way around with the mouse and the image changed instantly as I moved the mouse. It was a real pleasure using the program. Then I think I closed the program and the next time I started it up and reopened the same file, back to unworkable slow. I have no idea what happened or why the 3D vastly improved for a day! Would appreciate any tips. Thanks
[Jan 16, 2020, 5:20:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Valheru

I had similar issues on my Laptop with an on-board Intel HD graphics card as well as an on-board Nvidia GeForce. 3D view in SH3D was terribly slow, it took abot 20 secs to render a single image.

At the same time, I noticed in my NVIDIA monitor application that the graphics card was not used at all. So all 3D calculations had to be done by the not-so-fast Intel HD card!

I opened the NVIDIA system settings, there "3D settings" and there was an option "preferred grahics processor" which was set to "automatic. I changed this to "NVIDIA high performance graphics processor".

There was also an option "OpenGL rendereing processor" which was also set to "automatic". I also changed this to "GeForce".

After that, the 3D view in SH3D was lightning fast. I also noticed in the NVIDIA monitor application that there was now a java process using the graphics card.

This means that the "automatic" settings that were set before didn't automatically choose the fast GeForce but the slow Intel HD card to do the rendering!

So always make sure your graphics card is actually used for rendering the 3d view in SH3d and change your grapphics card settings accordingly!
[Mar 8, 2020, 5:01:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
deananorth

I'm having the same problem with the Microsoft Store version of Sweet Home 3D. The 3D View is super slow and sometimes becomes blank.

I remember when it used to be super smooth.

My PC Specs:
Intel Celeron Dual core @2.6 Ghz
Intel HD graphics
4GB Ram
Windows 10 1903
[Mar 22, 2020, 12:42:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DarkVamp

Germany

Loading my project take sooo long. The imported extra objects seems to be to problem.

When I chance the objects it takes MINUTES to refresh the 3D screen...

My screen: http://www.sysprofile.de/id143122

How can I force the app to take more RAM ? I have plenty but its not used :/
[Jul 27, 2020, 3:52:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
navporky

India

I tried several suggestions, but none worked for me.
Then I followed this post, and suddenly rendering is smooth.
Don't forget to restart computer after settings applied:
https://superuser.com/questions/373290/disabl...e-acceleration-in-windows

Thanks liborSH3D. I was having the same issue for a long time. Your post about java runtime configuration resolved it for me too.
[Aug 5, 2020, 5:47:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Forestsun

Could there have been an update in your system that speeds up Sweet Home 3D?
[Sep 3, 2020, 2:02:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chaloelectric

Chile
smile Re: 3d View suddenly impossibly slow

it was slow, I updated the video drivers and it works perfect, intel hd 4000 graphics card
[Sep 6, 2020, 12:03:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bam0o

Hi to all
My laptop has 2 GPU: intel 4000 & Nvidia 960m
So I set up to run sweethome3D with nvidia and 3d view works with this GPU (as I could see in task manager)
While 3d section in split view in the main window all works smooth and fast. No glitches etc.
But when I open 3d view in separate window (Ctrl+Alt+Y) then rotating, moving virtual visitor become slower with noticeable glitches sometimes. Look like separate window isn't optimized...
Is there some truth in my hypothesis?
[Oct 30, 2020, 9:06:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 109   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved