Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17676 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
bantar

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Print to Scale to PDF without Pagination

I'm able to change the scale and get the print to occur at the right size, but it always paginates. I'd like to print to a large format printer (that I do not own). Typically, one prints to PDF and then brings the PDF to a print shop for printing on their large format printer.

Is this possible?
[Feb 7, 2017, 6:32:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Print to Scale to PDF without Pagination

I noticed recently that the paper size selected in page setup wasn't respected under Mac OS X. Under what system do you work?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 7, 2017, 9:19:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bantar

USA

I'm using Windows. I do think it is using the selected paper size (letter) and thus I'm getting 30 pages of output. The desired output is all on a single page, especially since PDF can support such large sizes. I select the desired scale and then see what is output vs wanting to select a specific size. Once the file is printed to PDF, I can then let that program paginate if I need to print on smaller paper sizes.

I think my print store uses a printer such as HP DesignJet T830 which prints 36-in (914-mm) wide by very long prints (only limited by the length of paper on a spool). I recently printed a 30-in x 84-in print there. Likely, we need a new paper size possibly called Large Format with a paper size of, let's say, 36" x 72" or infinite even. Because I don't have such a printer attached, it is not a selectable size.
[Feb 7, 2017, 11:09:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mark@structuresummaries.com

United States

Has anyone figured a work around for this? I cannot print full scale drawings to large format either as it is not a selection. If I try to save as PDF then rescale in another program the quality is very bad and illegible
[Apr 15, 2017, 4:27:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kraiger51

Using a Mac, I also have this issue. Page format set to 24x36 but the print preview and actual output will paginate to 12 pages. How do I export to a single 24x36 PDF? Thanks.
[Nov 15, 2017, 8:23:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

What versions of Sweet Home 3D, Java and Mac OS X do you use?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 16, 2017, 7:59:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kontz_bern

United States

I'm using it under Windows 10 and have never had issues with scaling objects so far. But I barely can imagine how all this thing works with macOS, so maybe it could be some sort of poor optimization, but it would be strange given that a majority of SH users are running it on Mac. You might well take a look on this through the editor like this one https://edit-pdf.pdffiller.com/ right after the import to PDF extension. I didn't do so with this software yet but with ArchiCAD and then it worked out fine for me
[Jun 22, 2018, 10:37:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hsparks3

USA

I would like to once again ask the question started back in February of 2017. Has there been a solution to the Print to PDF function? As with all the others who have posted here, I am trying to send my output, formated in ARCH-D, to a .pdf and have it end up there as one page. As has been stated many times here, the function splits up the large drawings into multiple pages that can't easily be merged back together. Clearly, the function is using whatever default print driver is set up on the device because that's what it formats to no matter what you do. Also, it is clear that this is independent of OS. We have Windows, MAC and Linux represented here. If there is no fix, will there ever be one. This is unusable for me at this point. thx.
[Jan 23, 2019, 12:59:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dadv

I don't know if it would have a fix soon, but after all you can export your scene to svg and open it in a svg app (like inkscape for example) then, you can have all the print options of that app i think
[Jan 23, 2019, 4:16:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gabeblack

United States

Figured out how to do it. It is a bit awkward, but here it goes.

First you need to create a page layout with the dimensions you need.

Step 1: Create a new page layout with your custom dimensions

So for example to create a sheet that is 25" x 25".

1. Go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers
2. Highlight Microsoft XPS Document Writer
3. Select "Print Server Properties" on the window ribbon menu
4. Check the box "Create a new Form" and then fill out the form with the page layout name you want to give it and the dimensions of the paper. (I called mine "FloorPlan")

Step 2: Print your floorplan (you will discard the output file)

After you have created your custom page layout, then you need to go to SweetHome3D and print your floor plan selecting the "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" as the printer. Go ahead and print it (it will create a file). Your new page layout may not be an option, but that doesn't matter, this step was simply to get SweetHome3D to select page layouts from the Microsoft XPS Document Writer options.

Step 3: Select your new floorplan layout!

In SweetHome3d, go to File -> Page Setup -> Page Format -> Paper. Select your new custom page layout.

Now you should be able to do File -> Print to PDF... and it will use your custom page layout. Woot!
[Oct 23, 2019, 5:34:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved