Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3827 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
vlad7777

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Need help for a reasonable fee

Hi, I need help to complete my home model. I recreated my actual home using Sweet Home 3D, but got stuck at the last couple of challenges:
1. Cannot place a roof on the house with a resulting attic space.
2. Cannot figure out how to properly place angled staircase to 2nd floor office
3. Place an angled granite countertop in the kitchen.

I have a 90% completed model and the actual pictures of the house.
I plan various additions (Stone patio, Hot Tub, Gazebo style Canopy roof over Hot Tub)- already designed patio and hot tub, but I need to have the "before and after" models to present to Architectural committee for permit.
Also wanted to use 100% completed model to design interior space modifications: Attic room, basement sauna and fancy bathroom, etc.
But I got stuck on the three items as mentioned.
If anyone is skilled and interested to help- please contact me.
Thanks
Vladimir
vshulyaker@gmail.com
[Feb 7, 2017, 1:58:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: Need help for a reasonable fee

Hi,

The better is the pictures (printscreen in aerial view) to show us the problems.

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Feb 7, 2017, 5:57:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vlad7777

USA

Dear bdfd
I am attaching the aerial view of the actual house with top view and front view that shows the roof. and the design file that I made with basement level, first floor level and the second level that has only the dormer office which is part of the attic.
I want to create another room in the attic that would extend the office - this is already on the drawing.
other things where I am stuck are in my original post.
Sorry, I cannot figure out how to attach files to my reply....
[Feb 24, 2017, 3:25:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Sorry, I cannot figure out how to attach files to my reply....
Hi,
You must have a login on a fileserver like mediafire or Dropbox, ...
With the direct link (copy/paste) you insert into your message on sh3d the picture(s)...

Read this hansmex's thread HERE .

smile
---
[Feb 24, 2017, 5:24:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vlad7777

USA

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuN8FtU4m7r7iIMh-iI0Yxl_IpJmng

This is a link to the directory with:
1. SH3D model file
2. Pictures of the aerial view, front view and back view
3. Prints from 3d model showing circled where I have problems

Hope you can help
Best regards,Vladimir
[Feb 25, 2017, 4:20:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Vladimir,

I sent you my answer by email.

Your roof is one of the more complex than other seen at present...
I did it (front view) but it was not easy.

smile
---
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bdfd at Feb 25, 2017, 12:01:08 PM]
[Feb 25, 2017, 6:11:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Vlad
If you check out THIS link i think you will find that most, if not all, of the roof sections you need are there, ty okh for sharing them, i have used them myself and they are excellent.
Where the eaves sit over the wall this part of the roof will be on a lower level, so add them then raise them into postion, this is best achieved with the magnetism turned off.
The worktop can be quite simply created by drawing a room around your cabinets, uncheck the "display ceiling" and "display area" then export this room as an object - import it and name it as worktop, you can then position it (magnestism off) and set its thickness to match that of the cabinets, i find it best to make the cabinet worktops invisible.
Hope this helps
Mike
[Feb 25, 2017, 8:34:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

If you view the images here the roof sections of the house are from that file and all the kitchen worktops are made with "rooms"
[Feb 25, 2017, 8:49:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..most, if not all, of the roof sections you need are there, ty okh for sharing them...
smile Glad they can be of use. The models are pretty quickly put together (with some obvious flaws that I have never fixed such as the 'wrong normals' that disturbs hq rendering). I could fix them if anyone is interested.

That said, it is fairly easy to make your own roofs, either with the Shape Generator Plugin, see thread,6600, or with one of the approaches mentioned in thread,6372#27608.

ok
[Feb 27, 2017, 9:17:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved