Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 24
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 24487 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Indicate price in furniture list

Hello Emmanuel,

Many wishes have been posted recently about furniture list.

I had an idea (good or bad, I dont' know again) but it would be interesting to have a column with the price
(and I dont know if it was been already proposed in the past).

By object to know the detail,
By group to know the totality of the price (sum of each object),
By project to know the total cost for materials and furnitures.

I think that this would be more professionnal for users.

Have a nice week-end,

bdfd.

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Feb 4, 2017, 7:25:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Indicate price in furniture list

Based on what economy? In the US alone, with only 50 states, there's probably thousands of different economical variations.
A couch in North Georgia would most likely have a different cost than in mid or south Georgia, and even more different on the east coast and west border. wink
Hawk
[Feb 5, 2017, 12:32:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Based on what economy? In the US alone, with only 50 states, there's probably thousands of different economical variations.
A couch in North Georgia would most likely have a different cost than in mid or south Georgia, and even more different on the east coast and west border. wink

@hawk : [Moderated]

It is not necessary to generalize a price for an object.
It is not a database that I wish but a price of an object in a project that will certainly differ (or not) in another project.

I repeat I speak of project, not a price memorized to an object ...

I hope (for everybody) that it's clearer.

smile
---
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 5, 2017, 4:36:24 PM]
[Feb 5, 2017, 6:11:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

[moderated]

I see now that you aren't looking for real world prices. Just a general price index based on your design at the moment.
Hawk
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 5, 2017, 4:37:22 PM]
[Feb 5, 2017, 3:12:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

I see now that you aren't looking for real world prices.
Real only for the purse of the user.

Just a general price index based on your design at the moment.
Yes, finally we got there. applause

smile
---
[Feb 5, 2017, 7:40:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As explained in this feature request and as showed in HomePieceOfFurniture API, furniture prices and even VAT are already handled in Sweet Home 3D. It's just that the user interface doesn't give access to users to this feature at the moment, and users don't request it that much.
Just wonder how useful it could actually be. I fear that as soon as I would let this feature appear in the user interface, people would also want default price on furniture in catalog, would like price for painting walls, changing floors... or even the price for the whole house!
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 5, 2017, 9:05:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

furniture prices and even VAT are already handled in Sweet Home 3D
Yes Manu !
Great brains have often same ideas... applause

My idea is that : at the installation (and for all new projects) all prices should be equal to 0.00 with or without currency,
it's not important, the final goal is to approach the global cost of the project with or without furniture.

One of my arguments was precisely to make the software more real with the notion of price.

Now from there to put the vat ... we go to the PRO stage !
I'm not sure, legally there had to be many of impacts, ... ??? confused

Let's try to make small steps by making it in a version beta available to anyone would like. wink
@Manu, What do you think about ?

smile
---
[Feb 6, 2017, 5:12:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Larz2

Denmark

I strongly support the bdfd's proposal to add the opportunity to attach prices to objects (furniture).

Prices should be added or changed in "Modify Furnitures properties".
Option to display the column in the "furniture list" should be added, and the list can then be exported to a CSV file and into a spreadsheet. Calculations of VAT, currency and totals can easily be done in a spreadsheet.

Price calculation will be a very useful feature for PRO users, who use SW3D to insert own objects from their own libraries. But "regular users" will also have use for prices, when inserting furnitures and designing rooms.

This price option/column may optionally be implemented in the paid version.

Please add this Price feature - thanks!

Best regards,
Larz2
[Mar 5, 2018, 2:47:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

... attach prices to objects (furniture).
In DefaultFurnitureCatalog.PropertyKey.html PRICE, CURRENCY and VALUE_ADDED_TAX_PERCENTAGE are defined properties, but as of yet, there is no interface to access or display them. The topic and workarounds have been discussed before - for instance thread 1550. Adding price to the model name (preceded by some obscure sign that will let a spreadsheet put it in a separate column, or add price similarly separated in the INFORMATION property) are possible workarounds that do work pretty seamlessly, but I agree it would be very nice to be able to access more 'hidden' properties directly. The way enkonyito implemented access to the advanced rendering options in the Photo-video rendering plugin is attractive to me. Full access to advanced stuff with an ADVANCED button (even if I still struggle to understand them all).

Still I am a bit curious, it is possible to display the price column (adding <furnitureVisibleProperty name='PRICE'/> to Home.xml, but as far as I can tell, the column remains empty without listing the values that are in fact saved with a model: <pieceOfFurniture name='xxx' ... price='2.0' currency='EUR'/>. That makes me think that price (and other info) may appear in the interface one day - having no opinion as to whether it ought to be a priority.

And the bad news is that although I have indeed added price using the workaround, every project always has a tendency to become much more expensive than first planned anyway... smile
[Mar 5, 2018, 5:20:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Okh, nice attempt! wink

If you want the price to appear in the Price column, you must set a default currency at the end of the file com/eteks/sweethome3d/io/DefaultUserPreferences.properties found in the SweetHome3D.jar ZIP file (installed in lib subfolder of Sweet Home 3D installation folder). This change will let you view the columns in relation with prices (price, VAT %, VAT, price VAT included).

Pay attention that the values you can use in <furnitureVisibleProperty name='...'> are the values available in HomePieceOfFurniture.SortableProperty which are different from the ones in DefaultFurnitureCatalog.PropertyKey.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 5, 2018, 10:05:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved