Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7280 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
PakRicard

Indonèsia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Copy / paste furniture stopped working after upgrade to 5.3

Hi all:
I was a happy user until today, as I upgraded to 5.3 and I could no longer copy furniture from one project (window) and paste it into another.
Any way to sort it out?

Using Windows 10 with latest patches.

Thanks.
[Jan 30, 2017, 2:23:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Copy / paste furniture stopped working after upgrade to 5.3

I just checked again and didn't notice any issue. Are you sure you gave focus to the plan or the furniture list, before pasting in the destination window?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 30, 2017, 9:18:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Copy/paste - also between different windows - do work here (under different window flavours). However, I have noticed that copying to clipboard can be very slow - and slower the more you copy. Just tried to copy an entire level with lots of stuff, and it took a good minute before the program responded. But eventually the clipboard was ok and could be pasted. Maybe this is what you experienced? ok
[Feb 14, 2017, 8:50:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Sometimes, I had the same problem in copy/paste and I think that the analysis of okh is correct. applause

Try again slowly... d oh

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Feb 14, 2017, 3:19:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Each time you copy the selected objects, an image of the selection is also created in memory to let you paste it in an other software. Even if I never noticed it on my side, this must be this second operation that may be too long, and I wonder if I shouldn't make it work differently, at least with a waiting screen.
Please submit a feature request about it to remind me to improve this behavior.
[Feb 14, 2017, 4:36:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

must be this second operation that may be too long, and I wonder if I shouldn't make it work differently, at least with a waiting screen.
It makes sense that could be the reason. I could be wrong, but it seems that the larger the area (in m²) that is copied, the longer it takes. Tried some more:
- a simple lake <3KB .obj scaled to 10000×6000cm took very long,
- copying the entire terrain level 10000×10000cm appeared to not work at all,
- while a small room with lots of furniture was reasonably quick.
I think, btw, that Ceciliabr has mentioned something similar in a previous thread discussing landscapes and perspectives.

However, I hasten to add that the extra image that can be pasted into other software is very clever. For anyone wanting to present a project, pasting the plan images is super convenient. So personally, I would rather suffer slow copying than loose picture generation altogether. Maybe:
- waiting screen,
- toggle image-function on-off,
- warning when copying large areas (similar to texture import),

Feature request (817) submitted - even if it is probably not very important (What is priority 1? Highest or lowest? I never dare change the priority as it may seem impatient... ). Also saved example file should you need to test it. ok
[Feb 15, 2017, 8:22:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for submitting the request and your suggestions smile
[Feb 16, 2017, 8:42:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

...submitting the request and your suggestions smile
Would not say it is a priority issue, and it is not a huge problem, but working with Ceciliabr kind of views, it is a disturbance. However, there is a workaround (when copying large areas): Set the objects to invisible before copy/cut, and restore visibility after paste. ok
[Feb 17, 2017, 12:10:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

For your information, copying plan image in the clipboard was improved in the version 6.5, to avoid the operation to last too long and fail. For very large plans, Sweet Home 3D now creates an image with a smaller scale if necessary.
[Mar 30, 2021, 4:44:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dakotagypsy

USA

I have been able to copy furniture from one file to another but it doesn't seem to work all the time. I was doing it earlier today but now it doesn't work. Yes, I am clicking on the destination file window but when I right click on it, a list of options pops up but there is no option to paste. Anyone have any idea what is happening and how to fix it?
[Sep 30, 2021, 10:40:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved