Sweet Home 3D Forum

Member(s) browsing this thread: jllh76
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 216
Posts: 216   Pages: 22   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 588802 times and has 215 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in

I missed that one sorry m8
[May 6, 2019, 9:41:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

At this point, the plug-in will not evolve any more.

If it's not too much bother, could you please fix it so that the render window is not always on top? Being always on top, it's hiding important pop-ups that need attention.
It's probably not a big operation, since it used to behave like a normal window in earlier versions.

Cecilia
[Jun 6, 2019, 11:44:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

If it's not too much bother, could you please fix it so that the render window is not always on top? Being always on top, it's hiding important pop-ups that need attention.
It's probably not a big operation, since it used to behave like a normal window in earlier versions.

The standard photo panel, like the resizable photo panel, does not prevent other windows from appearing above it.

Since the first version of the plug-in, if you try to open another photo panel, the one that is already open is put in front.
if (currentPhotoPanel == null) {
new AdvancedPhotoPanel(...);
} else {
SwingUtilities.getWindowAncestor(currentPhotoPanel).toFront();
}

Since I only use one screen, I did not notice any particular problem.
If you use 2 or more screens, what behavior do you get by displaying the resizable photo panel (full screen or not) in a window other than the plan and trying to open another photo panel?

Enko
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Jun 8, 2019, 2:53:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

he standard photo panel, like the resizable photo panel, does not prevent other windows from appearing above it.
Well, have a look at this:

http://ceciliabr.com/sh3d/Always-on-top.mov

Something must have been changed. It works fine prior to v1.6.
I haven't mentioned this earlier, since I reconed it would go back to normal with v 1.7.

I'm on OSX, and it might not work the same way in Windows.

Hope you can fix it and that it's not causing you a lot of trouble:)

Cecilia.
[Jun 8, 2019, 5:15:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Cecilia,

In view of your video, this is a regression on Mac OS X. However, there has been no change in the behavior of the photo panel.
The only difference with previous versions is the compatibility of v1.6 with SH3D-6.0.
Do you have the same problem with the standard photo panel?

For now, I think of 2 solutions:
1- use the default behavior of the standard photo panel
2- force the resizable photo panel to not always be on top

Has anyone noticed this bug on Linux?
EnkoNyito
[Jun 9, 2019, 7:32:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Do you have the same problem with the standard photo panel?
No.

As I said: If it's not too much bother. – and I really feel bad complaining about this.
So don't worry about it.
It's just a minor minor minor issue compared to the great great great advantages of using this beautiful plugin. I can easily work my way around this, as I have done for months now.

Cecilia
[Jun 9, 2019, 9:21:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

PhotoVideoRendering-1.7 plug-in
- added an ambient lighting slider (simple photo panel)
- fixed a bug in the management of curved lines (video panel)
- fixed a bug in the management of speed values (video panel)
- added other global illumination (rendering properties)
- management of additional Sunflow options
- compatibility with the standard version of SH3D and its derived version

AdditionalSunflowOptions-1.1 plug-in
- Sunflow options to override shaders

SH3D-6.2_derived executable jar
- added an independent ceiling light in each room
- added Fake Ambient Term 2 global illumination
- grouping the actions of a same plug-in in a menu
- other minor enhancements

Enko Nyito
EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Jul 15, 2019, 2:53:07 AM]
[Jul 15, 2019, 2:47:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Thank you for the new (version of the) plug-in and the JAR. I'm trying them out, but have some problems.

The JAR runs without problems under Windows 10 64-bits, but when I try to make a render I run into memory problems. The JAR runs in 32-bit mode and allows only 0.2 GB of memory, that's not enough to do any serious work. Can you increase the memory allowance, or offer a version that allows the standard installation?

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 15, 2019, 6:54:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MichaelN

Is there any Help for the Rendering Plugin? And it's common, that it needs several hours for 1600x Pixel?
[Jul 15, 2019, 6:14:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@hansmex
The JAR runs in 32-bit mode and allows only 0.2 GB of memory, that's not enough to do any serious work.
You can run the JAR file with a script using java options like increasing the memory.
java -Xmx2g -jar path/to/SH3D-6.2_derived.jar

Can you increase the memory allowance, or offer a version that allows the standard installation?
Maintaining a derived version requires a lot more work than a plug-ing because you have to create a new one with every standard Sweet Home 3D update. What I do not plan to do...
I released the version derived from SH3D-6.2 to show the possibilities of the modifications made to the program.

@MichaelN
Is there any Help for the Rendering Plugin?
This tutorial explains how the plug-in works for rendering properties.
With PVR-1.7, "default" global illumination is replaced by "Ambient Occlusion" and "path" by "Path Tracing".

And it's common, that it needs several hours for 1600x Pixel?
It depends on your scene (number of lights, activated ceiling lights, shininess of objects, enhancement of external brightness) and rendering settings (number of antialiasing, type of global illumination, type of sampler algorithm).

Examples:
- comparative global illumination
- additional Sunflow options
- independent ceiling lights
EnkoNyito
[Jul 15, 2019, 11:50:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 216   Pages: 22   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved