Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 215
Posts: 215   Pages: 22   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 587333 times and has 214 replies Next Thread
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in

@hansmex
Even better: create the possibility to specify the size of the image preview in Preferences... :-)

I will study the feasibility of the thing so as not to complicate the photo panel too much.
Besides, I hesitated to put the option of the choice of look and feel in the preferences if it was possible.
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Feb 16, 2018, 2:55:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Besides, I hesitated to put the option of the choice of look and feel in the preferences if it was possible.

Maybe you could make the plugin-window resizable?
That would meet every individual need,

Cec
[Feb 16, 2018, 8:56:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

Heheheh I think it would be though... Java and Swing (programming language and UI components used here) are not the best to support responsive layouts...

I hope it is possible, but I have a few ideas/options for the developer:
- What about changing the Quality bar? we have only 4 options and it is huge, fast and best are taking a lot of space in addition to 1-2-3-4.... Maybe replace 1 and 4 with fast and best and keep 2 and 3 instead of replacing the whole component?

The lookAndFeel (that I did not understand why having that option, but maybe I missed some thread) should be a non frequent option to change (it is less important than picture size or quality, so it could stay in a "secondary" frame like advanced options, why not?
So we could have a new frame with:
Look and feel - Preview Picture Size - Any other option

And, this is completely IMHO, I would put the elapsed time bar under the "Advanced settings / Enhance Brightness" line, just to separate what will change the resulting image and require a stop-create (over that line) and what is modifying in live the UI and the components shown (below the progress bar), like lookandfeel.

Take this as some ideas from a developer that uses SH3D sometimes, and used a lot when planning a new home, so if you think is a stupid idea, feel free to tell it! biggrin biggrin
[Feb 16, 2018, 9:37:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Ceciliabr
Maybe you could make the plugin-window resizable? That would meet every individual need

Proof by the image.

EnkoNyito
[Feb 16, 2018, 11:05:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@ndorigatti
What about changing the Quality bar? we have only 4 options and it is huge, fast and best are taking a lot of space in addition to 1-2-3-4.... Maybe replace 1 and 4 with fast and best and keep 2 and 3 instead of replacing the whole component?

The goal of the plug-in is to stay visually close to the standard photo panel while providing new options.
Personally, I occasionally use quality level 1 (3D view without shadow) and one of the higher quality levels (3 or 4) with the setting of SunFlow rendering engine.

The lookAndFeel (that I did not understand why having that option, but maybe I missed some thread) should be a non frequent option to change (it is less important than picture size or quality, so it could stay in a "secondary" frame like advanced options, why not?

This option is not related to the rendering but I have integrated it in the photo panel in order to modify the appearance of the interface.
The other solution is to use a script for the installer version as shown here with "-Dswing.defaultlaf=".
Available Look and Feels:
javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.motif.MotifLookAndFeel
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsClassicLookAndFeel

I would put the elapsed time bar under the "Advanced settings / Enhance Brightness" line, just to separate what will change the resulting image and require a stop-create (over that line) and what is modifying in live the UI and the components shown (below the progress bar)

This may be possible (see previous central image).
EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Feb 19, 2018, 6:45:18 PM]
[Feb 16, 2018, 11:20:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mirakels

Maybe make 'quality' a drop down menu... It only has 4 choices so why a slider does not add much functionality
[Feb 21, 2018, 7:28:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@enkonyito

Resizable is king!

Now the next, ( and probably impossible) challenge is: Can the resizable photo renderer include a 3D preview? It would really "revolutionise" this program to have a combined preview- and render-window.

Cec
[Feb 25, 2018, 2:57:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Version 1.4.1
- resizable photo panel with modified layout
- display of the current version of the plug-in in the menu

Thanks to my beta testers Ceciliabr and hansmex for their feedback and to Emmanuel Puybaret for his advice! wink
EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Feb 28, 2018, 6:08:32 PM]
[Feb 26, 2018, 6:58:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Resizable renderer with rendering in progress:

cec
[Feb 27, 2018, 12:59:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

It's not my first installed plugin... but I got a problem.

I don't see anything :
1. in the options menu
2. in librairies list
3. but plugin is in the good sub-directory (green Arrow)

An idea ?
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Feb 27, 2018, 7:28:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 215   Pages: 22   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved