Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 215
Posts: 215   Pages: 22   [ Previous Page | 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 587299 times and has 214 replies Next Thread
Baker0052

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in

Why is the rendering so much slower when i use the Photo-Video Plugin insted the yafaray plugin?

The YafaRayRendering plug-in uses a standard configuration just like the SunFlow rendering engine in the 'Create photo' panel.
The PhotoVideoRendering plug-in uses an advanced configuration to maximize the properties of rendering engines (SunFlow, YafaRay).

Can i disable the "advanced configuration" or can you give me an advise for some settings?
It takes 4-10 times longer with the rendering plugin.
I only need the "Multiple Photo Rendering" function.
[Jan 3, 2021, 8:34:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Magokelvin
when rendering with the menu optio create photo with yafaray I obtain a bright result (don't know how to post a photo here)
when using the new 2.1 plug in...all of a sudden it becomes all dark?
where do I make mistake?

This How to share images and files post pinned to the forum gallery will be helpful to you.
Then post a screenshot of the Create photo / YafaRay panel with a finished rendering.
Do the same with the Simple photo rendering (v2.1) panel and the properties panel of the selected rendering engine.

These images may help to better understand your problem.

Enko
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Jan 4, 2021, 2:45:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Baker0052
Can i disable the "advanced configuration" or can you give me an advise for some settings?

The standard or advanced configuration I'm talking about is done internally as for the management of the default rendering engine.
Some parameters are accessible in the rendering properties. I have indicated here the antialiasing correspondence between SunFlow and YafaRay.

Depending on your hardware (number of processor cores, memory allocated to SH3D), I advise you to perform tests in order to find your customization of the parameters.
The 3D scene also plays a lot on the rendering time (number of lighting, shininess of objects, detail of objects).
EnkoNyito
[Jan 4, 2021, 3:31:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Baker0052

@Baker0052

The standard or advanced configuration I'm talking about is done internally as for the management of the default rendering engine.
Some parameters are accessible in the rendering properties. I have indicated here the antialiasing correspondence between SunFlow and YafaRay.

Depending on your hardware (number of processor cores, memory allocated to SH3D), I advise you to perform tests in order to find your customization of the parameters.
The 3D scene also plays a lot on the rendering time (number of lighting, shininess of objects, detail of objects).

I got dual Xeon Silver 4214 and started java with 48G ram.
It still takes about 1 Hour per picture when i use many lights.
[Jan 4, 2021, 5:30:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Magokelvin

sad Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in

thanks for the hints:-) here we are ..bath 1 ( made via yafaray tool) lights are what I was planning to have in terms of lights...it took roughly 7 hours

https://www.mediafire.com/view/rtvcqctv4ijr7gk/bath1.JPG/file
https://www.mediafire.com/view/hqky9rxvtqt91xs/bath_1.png/file

here with the new tool. I did not finished for it still asking for 33hours to go..
for sure it looks more precise with the reflections - see the toilet paper in the glass - (though less crisp than yafarey one)

However you can see light is darker (I tried different paremeters combinatiosn but no improvements..)

Moreover it seem the diffused light are not switced on in the morning (tried 1% and 100% luminosity) while if you set the clock at 1AM they are on and makes the difference.
https://www.mediafire.com/view/p3y3oah7ijc6gkt/bath2_parameters.JPG/file

https://www.mediafire.com/view/ee632cg46kr17ea/bath2.JPG/file
[Jan 5, 2021, 7:45:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Magokelvin
thanks for the hints:-) here we are ..bath 1 ( made via yafaray tool) lights are what I was planning to have in terms of lights...it took roughly 7 hours

https://www.mediafire.com/view/rtvcqctv4ijr7gk/bath1.JPG/file
https://www.mediafire.com/view/hqky9rxvtqt91xs/bath_1.png/file

here with the new tool. I did not finished for it still asking for 33hours to go..
for sure it looks more precise with the reflections - see the toilet paper in the glass - (though less crisp than yafarey one)

However you can see light is darker (I tried different paremeters combinatiosn but no improvements..)

Moreover it seem the diffused light are not switced on in the morning (tried 1% and 100% luminosity) while if you set the clock at 1AM they are on and makes the difference.
https://www.mediafire.com/view/p3y3oah7ijc6gkt/bath2_parameters.JPG/file

https://www.mediafire.com/view/ee632cg46kr17ea/bath2.JPG/file

What diffuse light are you talking about?
If you are using the new automatic light sources, it is normal that they are switched off during the day and on at night.
EnkoNyito
[Jan 6, 2021, 5:14:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Magokelvin

thanks sorry being late..well, I use a light source as I red in posts here in the forum (see attached link)
https://www.mediafire.com/view/9d4n8af1lg9092t/plabn.JPG/file

THe question however remain why at the same conditions "old" yafaray plugin is much brighter while the new one makes images darker (much darker) at the same light and time conditions...

whatever is the lightsource though, it should be switched off in both cases which is not...in one case it is switched on somehow for If I remove those the imge is totally dark, with the new plug in the image is clearly much darker

HOw should I by your experience to obtain the same brightness of the image of the old one, but benefiting of the new plugin rendering performances? ...
[Jan 9, 2021, 5:44:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

THe question however remain why at the same conditions "old" yafaray plugin is much brighter while the new one makes images darker (much darker) at the same light and time conditions...

whatever is the lightsource though, it should be switched off in both cases which is not...in one case it is switched on somehow for If I remove those the imge is totally dark, with the new plug in the image is clearly much darker

If it is not the other types of light that are causing a darker rendering, it is difficult to answer without seeing the project.
EnkoNyito
[Jan 11, 2021, 7:51:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I downloaded and installed SH3D 6.5 under W10.

Using the Simple Photo Rendering v2.0a all results with Sunflow are VERY dark.
Should I no longer use this plugin?

I managed to reproduce the problem.

Yafaray Q4 - Simple Photo Rendering v2.0a

Sunflow Q4 - Simple Photo Rendering v2.0a

SH3D file

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 6, 2021, 9:58:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

I downloaded and installed SH3D 6.5 under W10.

Using the Simple Photo Rendering v2.0a all results with Sunflow are VERY dark.
Should I no longer use this plugin?

I managed to reproduce the problem.

Yafaray Q4 - Simple Photo Rendering v2.0a

Sunflow Q4 - Simple Photo Rendering v2.0a

SH3D file

Hans

Hans,

Version 2.1 of the plug-in fixes this regression from version 2.0a.

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Feb 8, 2021, 3:39:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 215   Pages: 22   [ Previous Page | 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved