Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8429 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
ericareed

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Custom furniture catalog?

Hello!

Relatively new here - LOVING the software - still have a lot to learn. I haven't seen anything to answer my ? - apologies if I missed it... We move every couple of years because of my husband's job. I would love to be able to input/customize all our personal furniture in a separate catalog and then every time we move - simply draw a new floor plan for our new house and have the furniture ready to import/place in the new house. In other words - place a generic piece of furniture from the existing catalog - modify it to our measurements/furnishings/etc - then save it. I am not seeing a way to do that - am I missing it?

Thanks in advance!

ER
[Nov 14, 2016, 10:59:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Custom furniture catalog?

You could export the (edited) items as .obj files, import them to a Furniture Library (see download page/other for the furniture library editor), where you can rename, change properties and put them in a custom group.

However, as it is easy to copy/paste between two open SH3D windows, a simpler solution could be just to create a separate SH3D file where you copy all your modified furniture. That way you can just copy in from your "storage" file to your "new home" file when you move...

ok
[Nov 15, 2016, 9:34:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ericareed

hmmm... is that possible in the online version or only in the downloadable version? I am using the online version. I tried having two windows open and when I tried to pull furniture from one window to another it just scrolled. I tried to "right click - copy" but when I went to the second window and tried to right click to paste - there was no paste option... What am I missing?
[Nov 19, 2016, 9:11:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Probably you are not missing anything, there are limitations in the online version (se FAQ). But I guess you could create a deep, imaginary basement level where you could store copies of your (edited) furniture, and hide this level when you do not need access to your furniture. And you could delete all levels but the 'storage' and export as DIFFERENT file to keep a copy of all your edited furniture on your computer.

But even if you may be able to find ways, I think you would make your life easier by installing SH3D locally.

ok
[Nov 19, 2016, 10:21:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ericareed

that makes sense. The idea I had was to do a "save as" and then rename it - so that the original file was just furniture then have a new version of the file for the new house. I wish I had the knowledge/software to really make replicas of my personal furniture - that would be so fun! (But at this point - I am happy to make it work "well enough" - to figure out stuff before the movers get here. I def have a lot to learn - had issues making the measurements line up because I didn't realize how insanely thick these walls are! Nearly 10 inches thick - that throws off your diagram for sure - but I am getting there!
[Nov 19, 2016, 11:21:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The Online version doesn't allow to copy items between two open windows.
But within the same window, it's possible to copy-paste items from a home to the other:
- open the home from which you want to transfer some items
- select the items you want in the plan or in the furniture list and choose Copy in the contextual menu of the plan or the furniture list
- open the home into which you want to paste the items
- click in the plan or in the furniture list to give it the focus, and select Paste in its contextual menu.

To help you select the items you want to copy more easily, keep in mind that each piece of furniture in Sweet Home 3D is movable or not. To select only movable furniture, choose the Display column > Movable menu item in the contextual menu of the furniture list, then click on the header of the Movable column to sort the column on this criterion. Et voilà! You can easily select only the movable items in the first part of the list wink
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 19, 2016, 5:00:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved