Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8271 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Apartment building

There's been a good reason I've been quiet lately; I've been looking over all of the homes I've designed using this program, and decided to update this one: Apt 2S4U.1B1b.2B1b.3B1b.3B2b - that's what I'd posted before the adjustments below.

Just a brief background about the inspiration of this apartment building. Growing up, I lived in an apartment building, kind of similar to this one but with some differences (it's been over 20 years since I last lived there, one apartment was on the main floor, three on the top floor, there was a community laundry room on the main floor, actually had a garage at the back of the building, it was actually quite a bit longer than what I came up with, etc.). I based the largest apartment on the one I grew up in, with a similar footprint, but with several changes.

Here are the screenshots; the first four outside and one for each level. I was unable to get the outside aerial views rendered because of the sheer size of the file.

Aerial view - Front and the side with the entrances.

Aerial view - Front and the other side.

Aerial view - Side with the entrances.

Aerial view - Back and one side.

Main floor (taken before I thought to add the bushes as seen in the above screenshots)

Top floor

You'll see on that last screenshot there's a mention of "Level 2", but no mention of it on the screenshot before it. That's the roofing which I added after taking all the pictures of the main floor; basically just a large floor since it's a flat roof.

And here's the rendered pictures.

Garage. Three garage doors, three storage cabinets.

The first apartment, with one bedroom and one bathroom, on the main floor in the back.

Front room. You can see the doors to the other rooms and the small dining table in the kitchen.

Kitchen/Dining area

Bedroom

Bathroom

The next apartment, with two bedrooms and one bathroom, on the main floor between the garage and the first apartment.

Two views of the Front room.

Kitchen/Dining area

First bedroom

Master bedroom

Bathroom

Moving on upstairs, the next apartment, three bedrooms one bathroom, above the garage.

Front room

Kitchen/Dining area

Master bedroom

First bedroom

Second bedroom

Bathroom

And the final apartment, three bedrooms and two bathrooms, the rest of the top floor. This is the one that is roughly based on the apartment I grew up in. I did try to furnish closely to what I remember.

Front room

Kitchen/Dining area

First bedroom (based off of the one I shared with my sister)

Second bedroom (based off of the one my mother slept in)

Two views of the Master bedroom (the one my aunt slept in)

Bathroom

Master bathroom

And I just realized that I added a laundry area in the largest apartment but no laundry in any of the other ones. sad Oops.
----------------------------------------

[Nov 8, 2016, 3:11:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Apartment building

I added laundry to the other three apartments. It took some thinking, and a little bit of adjustments, to get them in.

This is the one-bedroom one-bathroom apartment. I took out the curio cabinet, added the washer and dryer along with some storage. There was some room left over after added those, so I added a pantry to the kitchen (moving the water heater over a little - that's the thin door next to the washer and dryer).

This is the two-bedroom one-bathroom apartment. I ended up taking an inch or so away from the bathroom in order to make enough room for the washer and dryer; it didn't change the bathroom's layout except for the width of the sink.

Moving upstairs, this is the three-bedroom one-bathroom apartment. I took out the storage closet next to the water heater.

Screenshot of the main floor with the adjustments.

Screenshot of the top floor with the adjustments.

[Nov 14, 2016, 9:18:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Aeowyn
Good to see you back, sorry i have not commented before but i missed the post, my bad sad.
Great detail yet again, wish i had your patience with decorating all those room, i never finish blushing.
Keep it up. smile
[Nov 14, 2016, 9:29:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Hi Miker777

It's good to be back. biggrin
Thanks for the compliments about the decorating.

[Nov 14, 2016, 9:36:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, but some of those aren't quite updated (I posted those there then made modifications, but didn't save the modifications). crying

So, it looks like some of them I'm going to have to start from scratch, and some I'll have to update, hopefully with the help of the pictures I've posted here and on Facebook as references. That'll take some time though.

[Jun 30, 2018, 1:18:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved