Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 69
Posts: 69   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 255107 times and has 68 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Photo rendering test

@ enkonyito

I think this is a very good solution!

Cec
[Jun 26, 2018, 1:02:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Ceciliabr

Unfortunately, the plug-in can not be at the same time compatible with the standard version of SH3D and take into account this feature (adjustable ceiling light power) in the derived version. sad

PS: The plug-in and the derived version of SH3D will be able to use a light panel as ceiling light.
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Jun 26, 2018, 7:28:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Love these lights Enkonyito, like Hans, i have them pointing up at low power, and, as if by magic, white ceilings, thank for that. Still no idea about all the version numbers and abbreviations mean, but then, i have never even changed anything in the advanced settings for the rendering tools, so its not an issue. i look forward to your final versions, if there can be such a thing.
thank you again
Mike
[Jun 26, 2018, 9:27:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Hi all !

I propose you to test a feature that automatically adds ambient lighting instead of a room's ceiling light.

With silk shader

With glossy shader

Don't hesitate to say what you think.
Attachment PVR-1.7betaTest2.sh3p (326785 bytes) (Download count: 644) ((automatically adds ambient lighting))

Attachment PVR-1.7betaTest2.sh3p (326545 bytes) (Download count: 519)

EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Mar 15, 2019, 6:13:58 PM]
[Mar 14, 2019, 11:06:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

May I vote about 10 times?
In any case, YES!!!
I've never used ceiling lights, but I will for sure use this option!
[Mar 15, 2019, 8:23:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Hello Enko,

After playing a bit with this beta version, I have a few questions:
1 - The amount of light is quite low. Is there a way to increase it?
2 - Where is the light source placed? Where do the shadows originate?
3 - What is the difference with a (large) light source placed in the (middle of) the room?

Thanks for your efforts!

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 15, 2019, 9:06:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I often use ceiling lights, but I'm never really happy with the result...
And now you give us ambient light - and I'm happy!

But as Hans mentioned, the amount of light is quite low. Would be great if we could adjust that value.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Mar 15, 2019, 11:48:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

This sounds excellent, agree with Hans's points, the brightness is down to personal opinion, but, i do wonder if it's possible, at the level you have shown, could it be linked to the time of day, eg, your example = 8AM, probably means a lot of work, i have no idea, may work though.

Mike
[Mar 15, 2019, 6:01:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Glad to see the interest you all have for this option!

...could it be linked to the time of day...
Like the light panel - daylight? Yes, but the interest of ambient lighting is that it works day and night.

1 - The amount of light is quite low. Is there a way to increase it?
2 - Where is the light source placed? Where do the shadows originate?
3 - What is the difference with a (large) light source placed in the (middle of) the room?

In the part of the source code managing the ceiling light of the rooms, I replaced this treatment using a light sphere
float power = (float)Math.sqrt(room.getArea()) / 3;
this.sunflow.parameter("radiance", null,
power * (ceillingLightColor >> 16) / 0xD0 * (this.homeLightColor >> 16) / 255,
power * ((ceillingLightColor >> 8) & 0xFF) / 0xD0 * ((this.homeLightColor >> 8) & 0xFF) / 255,
power * (ceillingLightColor & 0xFF) / 0xD0 * (this.homeLightColor & 0xFF) / 255);
this.sunflow.parameter("center", new Point3(xCenter, roomHeight - 25, yCenter));
this.sunflow.parameter("radius", 20f);
this.sunflow.parameter("samples", 4);
this.sunflow.light(UUID.randomUUID().toString(), "sphere");
by this one using 2 light panels
float roomAreaInSquareMeter = room.getArea() / 10000;
float power = (float) Math.sqrt(roomAreaInSquareMeter) / 4; // TEST
float panelSize = (float) Math.sqrt(room.getArea()) / 4; // dimension in cm
// face-down panel
float illuminatingFaceElevation = roomHeight;
float[] verticesCoordinates1 = {xCenter - (panelSize / 2), illuminatingFaceElevation, yCenter - (panelSize / 2),
xCenter + (panelSize / 2), illuminatingFaceElevation, yCenter - (panelSize / 2),
xCenter + (panelSize / 2), illuminatingFaceElevation, yCenter + (panelSize / 2),
xCenter - (panelSize / 2), illuminatingFaceElevation, yCenter + (panelSize / 2)};
addLightPanelsToSunflow(power, ceillingLightColor, verticesCoordinates1);
// face-up panel
power = power / 4;
panelSize = (float) Math.sqrt(room.getArea()) / 2; // dimension in cm
illuminatingFaceElevation = roomElevation;
float[] verticesCoordinates2 = {xCenter - (panelSize / 2), illuminatingFaceElevation, yCenter + (panelSize / 2),
xCenter + (panelSize / 2), illuminatingFaceElevation, yCenter + (panelSize / 2),
xCenter + (panelSize / 2), illuminatingFaceElevation, yCenter - (panelSize / 2),
xCenter - (panelSize / 2), illuminatingFaceElevation, yCenter - (panelSize / 2)};
addLightPanelsToSunflow(power, ceillingLightColor, verticesCoordinates2);

In both cases, the power is based on the area of ​​the room.

The main difference between a large light sphere and light panels is that they can be placed very close to an object and project much softer shadows.
That's why I chose the solution of a medium panel on the ceiling and a panel 4 times bigger on the floor with a power 4 times smaller. This gives the impression that light comes from all sides.

I updated the download link with a version using the "maximum" power.

It would be possible to manually change the power of the ambient lighting with radio buttons or a slider but it would be necessary to see the impact that it could have on the interface of photo rendering.

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Mar 15, 2019, 6:35:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

This is the result of a quick test of version 2. The level of illumination is now very usable as a kind of basic lighting.
Unfortunately there is a white line along the ceiling.
I think a way to set the lighting level is needed, preferably numerical (1-100?).

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 16, 2019, 8:21:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 69   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved