Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8354 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
lalberts

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Aligning the background images

Dear Sweet HOme 3D programmers,

I have a lot of trouble to superpose 2 floors from 2 different scans of my home floor-drawings.
one can set the zero, the scale... but one can not rotate the plan.

it is not very convenient to try to move (and rotate) the walls of the first floor and try to align to the floorplan of the next level.. because there is no way to know how much should be turned or translated.

some tools to align floor plan would be great.

Thanks Lukas
(going to align the plans with inkscape or so.)
[Sep 16, 2016, 8:15:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Aligning the background images

I agree to have more options in manipulate background images.
Until there, in same situations, I prepare the images in a external program (gimp, inkscape, gwenview etc.) to rotate and cut the unnecessary borders etc. Then I import them as background on different levels.
In any case is not a option to rotate walls and furniture on every level. In 3D You will have a mess.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Sep 18, 2016, 11:05:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved