Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9565 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
bobpetruzzelli@gmail.com

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SweetHome3D On Surface Book Hi Res Display

I have a new Surface Book with the 3000x2000 display. I have worked through all of the Hi Res DPI solutions using changes to the manifest file in the program directory. All of my applications are natively or with manifest file rendering properly. Except for Sweet Home 3D. It renders as in the small font mode. The menu items seem to be cut in half.

I cannot seem with any solution to get it to render without this problem. My version was the 5.2 version purchased through Amazon. Also the version from the SourceForge site. And my current version is the 5.3 beta that I installed this morning.

Machine is running Windows 10 Pro.
[Sep 1, 2016, 3:21:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: SweetHome3D On Surface Book Hi Res Display

I'm not sure about what you mean by changing the manifest file. Did you read this thread which explains how to activate the HiDPI support on version 5.2?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 1, 2016, 5:18:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bobpetruzzelli@gmail.com

United States

Hello,

I have tried setting the property in the ini file and it did succeed in making the overall display of the elements larger based on the scale that I set. BUT..... the actual menu items still appear truncated. I have screen captures of what I mean but can't figure out how to get them up here. I tried the "image" button but can't make that work...
[Sep 1, 2016, 6:06:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Is there a difference with and without the ini file?
[Sep 1, 2016, 8:05:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bobpetruzzelli@gmail.com

United States

Hello, and thank you for the reply. Yes, there is a difference with the ini file. But the problem is not solved. Is there a way to put an image up for you to see? The picture would be worth more than 1k words.
Thank you,
[Sep 1, 2016, 9:08:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Bob
Have a look at this link to enable you to share your images.
Mike
[Sep 1, 2016, 9:10:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bobpetruzzelli@gmail.com

United States

Cannot parse the parameter "thread" to a "int" value! Please try again.
[Sep 1, 2016, 10:31:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you try with the 5 following lines in the ini file?

-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=2.5
-Dswing.defaultlaf=javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
-Dswing.plaf.metal.controlFont=Dialog-11
-Dswing.plaf.metal.userFont=SansSerif-11
-Dswing.plaf.metal.systemFont=SansSerif-11

[Sep 1, 2016, 11:00:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bobpetruzzelli@gmail.com

United States

YES!!!!!!! Those additional settings did solve the problem. I'm a retired software developer who did code Java for 10 years, but after 2.5 years I'm soooo rusty. Where might I read about those settings. BTW I was mostly IBM WebSphere and container based coding. No Swing experience....
[Sep 2, 2016, 12:11:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Sorry bob
I was stuck in a hotel room with just my phone to browse on.
Here is the link
[Sep 2, 2016, 4:40:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved