Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 73319 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Single Story Bungalow

For fun, I decorated the Great Room for Christmas. biggrin
Hi,

Great ! cool

The holidays before the hour... smile

The children will be delighted. laughing
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 19, 2017, 5:54:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Yeah, I realize it's way early for Christmas. biggrin I just was curious how it would look.

Anyway, I've taken a quick couple of rendered pictures of the front of the house seeing as I did another update to it. laughing

I took out half of the sitting area, doubled the patio beams, and added a gardening center. Oh, and changed the wood texture used.

[May 20, 2017, 4:18:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here I am, back working at getting rendered pictures of this house. So, here are the remaining rooms.

The first bedroom, taken near the door to the hallway. The closets (yes, two of the) are just out of shot, around the corner which is visible on the left.

The second bedroom, also taken near the door to the hallway. It's a mirror of the first bedroom, and I just realized that I forgot to include pictures above the two beds like there are in the first bedroom.

The main bathroom, also take from the door to the hallway. The shower (well the shower curtain) is visible in the vanity mirror.

The master bedroom, first taken from the double door to the hallway, second taken from the opposite corner. Yes, those are supposed to be mirrors on the art deco vanity, but they didn't render well. The door to the left of the double door to the hallway is to the master bathroom. The other double doors on the right are to the walk-in closet.

The master bedroom's walk-in closet, first taken from the door to the master bedroom, second taken from the window looking into the master bedroom. One side is "his", the other side is "hers", both mirrors of each other.

The master bathroom. As you can see, I've changed the color scheme.

There aren't any changes to the garage and laundry room, so there's no pictures of them.

[Jun 12, 2017, 7:10:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I figure I might as well add an update to this thread, since it's been some time since it was updated, as well as share the file for this house (the unfurnished version that is) as it currently stands.

I'll also be adding updates to a few other threads as well, with a similar layout to this update.

3B2b1S Bungalow

Aerial Front

Front Patio, virtual visitor point of view

Aerial Back

Back Patio, virtual visitor point of view

Main Floor - Level 0

I did not get a screenshot of Level 1 (as shown in the previous screenshot) because all that's there is the roofing walls; there was no room for an attic (I think).

I believe that there aren't many changes made since my last posting of this house, except for added beams on both the front and back patios and any adjustments to some items that would've been affected by the changes.

[Jan 27, 2018, 5:33:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, but some of those aren't quite updated (I posted those there then made modifications, but didn't save the modifications). crying

So, it looks like some of them I'm going to have to start from scratch, and some I'll have to update, hopefully with the help of the pictures I've posted here and on Facebook as references. That'll take some time though.

[Jun 30, 2018, 1:17:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here is another lucky design that I had saved to MediaFire before my old computer died horribly, even though it was the unfurnished version. Now that I have more memory being utilized by the program, I have been working on refurnishing it, as well as making some changes. In some cases, I've been able to download from 3D Warehouse the same furniture, sometimes something else. I haven't added any framed pictures into the rooms, which is a change from before.

NOTE: I did have saved on my old computer all the furniture that I'd downloaded from 3D Warehouse as well as all of the textures I'd found online, but with that loss I've had to rebuild my "inventory" from scratch as best I could.

So far, I've the front of the house, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Main Bathroom, Master Bathroom and part of the Hallway furnished/changed as well as rendered (two different angles for each of the interior areas, except for the hallway). I am in the process of refurnishing the Master Bedroom, but haven't completed the textural changes yet, so no pictures of this room.

Front Aerial. I've added the privacy walls to the sides, and decorated them with hanging ivy on the sides facing the house so that anybody looking out the windows wouldn't see just a plain stucco wall. I also changed the texture of the exterior walls to something I felt was a more appealing wood siding, as well as changed the roof shingles.

And I added another tree to the middle, took out one of the benches and side table on the patio to accommodate the new door to the Dining Room, as well as removed the potted hibiscus trees. I also switched the two cabinets and their plants.

As you can see I've added some of the roof beams to the inside, although for the shorter ones I don't think I have quite the right angle on them. Also, the two chairs are different, not only the style of armchairs but also the upholstery fabric basically because I couldn't find the same ones. Also, the ceilings are no longer textured but they are still white; I was thinking of having them be wood but then that took away quite a bit of the lightness and made the room seem closed in.

I adjusted the placement of the arched doorways into both the Dining Room and the Kitchen to better accommodate the dining table and chairs.

As you can see I stuck with the 8-seat dining table set, but this one is a bit more formal (although the chairs look very much more comfortable than traditional ones); I don't know why the designer of this piece of furniture included the plates, bowls and glasses but no silverware... Once again I stuck with the same blue striped upholstery fabric that I used in the living room for one of the armchairs to help tie the two rooms together (as well as the chairs in the kitchen). You'll also notice that I've added another exterior door into the dining room from the front patio. It might be a bit much, but the idea was that it would be easier to access it from the kitchen if there's a family party or whatnot. As seen from the Front Aerial picture, there is also a screen door just like the main front door with this new door. Oh, and there's a tea set on the sideboard under the window, which was moved over to accommodate the new exterior door.

I almost forgot to mention that I changed the width/depth of the chandelier so that it wasn't so imposingly huge.

I haven't made any significant changes to the Kitchen, basically just added back the wall clock, refrigerator (which has been sized using real-life measurements for an 18-cubic feet top freezer refrigerator I found online - which meant that the cabinet above it was way too high and I adjusted its measurement), the square table, and all of the chairs.

I've actually made quite a few changes to the main bathroom, namely adding an exterior door to the back; the idea being that I was thinking that there could be a pool in the backyard (which I haven't added) and who would want wet people to track pool water all over their wood floors coming into the house... to use the bathroom... wink biggrin

In adding the exterior door (without the screen door of course), I've had to do a little bit of rearranging of the the vanity, toilet and the small window.

Another significant change made was pushing the wall and door to the hallway out so that it was even with the hall closet and linen closet wall and doors. Once I did that there was a small space that I was able to add the bench with storage, although I did shorten the shower by a couple of inches to fit it (2.5 inches to be truthful).

I almost forgot to mention that I also changed the tiles on the floor, the ceiling is no longer textured but shiny white, the towel on the rack is now a tan terry cloth, and I've added a matching floor mat.

Not that much changes to the Master Bathroom; only a few cosmetic ones. I've added the floor mats that match the towels, changed the metal fitting to a brushed nickel texture I found online, changed the pattern on the shower curtain, changed the tiles to the same ones that I used for the Main Bath, and the ceiling is no longer textured but shiny white.

I realized that I'd made the hallway way too wide, and that I needed to do something to fix that. I moved the back door (along with the screen door and porch light outside), and added a long bench with lockers along one wall. I also thought that having the glass-paned double doors to the Master Bedroom was just silly, and switched it out for the double doors without the glass.

I think I may now have an extravagant number of exterior doors to this house (three in front and two in back to which I had almost added a third back door but thought better of that). Is that too many?

And with that, it's late (2:04am here in California), and I have a full day of errands tomorrow. Good night, for now.

[Aug 6, 2018, 10:07:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I was able to use most of the furniture that I'd previously decorated the Master Bedroom with, which was quite fortunate if I might say. The textures, on the other hand, I wasn't able to find the same ones, so I've had to find replacements.

I did decide to take away the double bookcases between the two sets of double doors and replace them with a curio cabinet.

I didn't feel like having a busy Moroccan-style end table next to the fancy chaise lounge, so I found something nice yet still in keeping with the other Art Deco styling, and I figured a light would be needed near the chaise lounge so that the person enjoying a good book there can see it. The choice of a hanging lamp was so that there would still be space left on the table for a drink.

I also added a small light above the Art Deco vanity.

I almost forgot to mention that I changed out the plain cedar chest for one more in an Art Deco styling, and changed out the bedside lamps for something less clunky yet still a splash of modern styling.

I did change the type of wood used in the furnishings from the cherry to a mix of black walnut and mahogany.

With the rest of the house, I haven't made any changes; the Garage and the Laundry room are both as they were posted before, and I still need to refurnish the two other bedrooms.

[Aug 7, 2018, 4:23:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's another house that the most recent pictures aren't visible because of the web page that I'd employed for sharing them.

I haven't made any changes since my last posting on this house, but I think that I might... are there too many exterior doors? Are there any changes that anybody else can think of?

[Aug 4, 2020, 11:29:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved