Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 51
Posts: 51   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 84770 times and has 50 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3-Bedroom 2-bath 2-Story House

It's been a few months, but I have actually made a few minor changes to the alternate view of this house, mostly exterior but a few interior "tweaks".

1. I changed the stucco on the walls (and chimney) to a lighter shade. 2. Enlarged the roof tiling, and hopefully I now have them roughly the same visual size. 3. Made sure the woodwork on the doghouses were set so that they would render decently. 4. Raised the height of the patio covering by a foot so that it better matched the new extension, and in so doing I changed the size of the lighting as well as of the hanging plants. 5. Lowered the windows of the garage and the back office so that they were even with the other windows as well as the back door. 6. Removed one of the hedges at the front in order to have more room for the tree near the driveway entrance, mainly because if this were a real house that tree would need room to grow. 7. Enlarged the tiles in the Guest Bathroom's shower area, added the cabinet above the toilet as well as a pair of clothes hampers.

I'm also tempted on adding visible beams inside over the Living Room and the Overhang area, but I haven'd done so yet and am still debating on that.

I believe those are the changes that I made of this house. Before I did this, I also found a plan for a 1920's home that I liked and have been doing a "modern take" on it like I had for some other houses... as well as working on a Halloween costume or two.
----------------------------------------

[Oct 11, 2018, 12:38:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Puybaret, I just downloaded the most recent version of the program, and when I went to increase the max memory as you had mentioned previously the part that I would be able to do so doesn't seem to be a part of Info.plist any longer.

With the free version under Mac OS X, click on the application icon of Sweet Home 3D while maintaining the ctrl key pressed to display its contextual menu, choose Show Package Contents item, open the Contents folder, edit the Info.plist file by dragging its icon on TextEdit application and update the maximum memory in the text <string>-Xmx1024m</string>, writing for example <string>-Xmx2g</string> for 2 GB instead of 1024 MB. Finally, save the file and relaunch Sweet Home 3D. If Info.plist is protected, you may run a command like sudo nano /Applications/Sweet\ Home\ 3D.app/Contents/Info.plist in a Terminal window to edit it (this command requires to enter the password of the administrator of the Mac).

I also tried opening a Terminal window as mentioned but once I put in sudo nano /Applications/Sweet\ Home\ 3D.app/Contents/Info.plist and hit enter it wouldn't let me enter my password. I've copied/pasted what my Info.plist file says, below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist SYSTEM "file://localhost/System/Library/DTDs/PropertyList.dtd">
<plist version="0.9">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
<string>Sweet Home 3D 6.0 Copyright 2007-2018 eTeks</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>6000</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>SweetHome3D</string>
<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
<string>SweetHome3D.icns</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>Sweet Home 3D</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>APPL</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>SH3D</string>
<key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key>
<string>true</string>
<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
<true/>
<key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key>
<string>10.8.3</string>

<key>UTExportedTypeDeclarations</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>UTTypeIdentifier</key>
<key>UTTypeReferenceURL</key>
<string>http://www.sweethome3d.com/</string>
<key>UTTypeDescription</key>
<string>Sweet Home 3D Document</string>
<key>UTTypeIconFile</key>
<string>SweetHome3DDocument.icns</string>
<key>UTTypeConformsTo</key>
<array>
<string>public.data</string>
<string>public.content</string>
</array>
<key>UTTypeTagSpecification</key>
<dict>
<key>com.apple.ostype</key>
<string>SH3D</string>
<key>public.filename-extension</key>
<array>
<string>sh3d</string>
<string>sh3x</string>
</array>
</dict>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3DLanguageLibrary</string>
<string>Sweet Home 3D Language Library</string>
<string>SweetHome3DLanguageLibrary.icns</string>
<array>
</array>
<dict>
<string>SH3L</string>
<array>
<string>sh3l</string>
</array>
</dict>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3DFurnitureLibrary</string>
<string>Sweet Home 3D Furniture Library</string>
<string>SweetHome3DFurnitureLibrary.icns</string>
<array>
</array>
<dict>
<string>SH3F</string>
<array>
<string>sh3f</string>
</array>
</dict>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3DTexturesLibrary</string>
<string>Sweet Home 3D Textures Library</string>
<string>SweetHome3DTexturesLibrary.icns</string>
<array>
</array>
<dict>
<string>SH3T</string>
<array>
<string>sh3t</string>
</array>
</dict>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3DPlugin</string>
<string>Sweet Home 3D Plugin</string>
<string>SweetHome3DPlugin.icns</string>
<array>
</array>
<dict>
<string>SH3P</string>
<array>
<string>sh3p</string>
</array>
</dict>
</dict>
</array>
<key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>LSItemContentTypes</key>
<array>
</array>
<key>CFBundleTypeIconFile</key>
<string>SweetHome3DDocument.icns</string>
<key>CFBundleTypeName</key>
<string>Sweet Home 3D Format</string>
<key>CFBundleTypeRole</key>
<string>Editor</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<array>
<string>com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3DLanguageLibrary</string>
</array>
<string>SweetHome3DLanguageLibrary.icns</string>
<string>Sweet Home 3D Language Library Format</string>
<string>Viewer</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<array>
<string>com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3DFurnitureLibrary</string>
</array>
<string>SweetHome3DFurnitureLibrary.icns</string>
<string>Sweet Home 3D Furniture Library Format</string>
<string>Viewer</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<array>
<string>com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3DTexturesLibrary</string>
</array>
<string>SweetHome3DTexturesLibrary.icns</string>
<string>Sweet Home 3D Textures Library Format</string>
<string>Viewer</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<array>
<string>com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3DPlugin</string>
</array>
<string>SweetHome3DPlugin.icns</string>
<string>Sweet Home 3D Plugin Format</string>
<string>Viewer</string>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>

Am I missing something? The only reason I'm writing this inside of one of my posts is because this is the post in which I was originally informed of how to increase my memory so that I can take rendered pictures. I tried to do so after downloading the newer version, and the program won't let me.

[Oct 15, 2018, 2:11:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I'd like to apologize for the previous post here; I was having trouble getting pictures taken, but there isn't any longer an issue. I've been able to get pictures rendered of the original version of this house, furnished.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ai2268w4x24547...side%25282%2529.sh3d/file

Aerial Front. I used at least half as many hedges as before, just made them longer. I decided to take out the one tree in front of the house and have the greenery more symmetrical. I widened the front door. I thickened the gate near the garage and added a second one on the other side of the house as well as added another privacy wall. I changed the chimney.

Aerial Back. I don't believe I made any changes here.

Front entrance.

Just inside the front door.

Great room, two views.

Kitchen, two views.

Guest bedroom, two views.

Guest bathroom, two views.

Laundry room.

Garage, two views.

Back patio, three views. When I went to take the third picture I realized that I'd forgotten to add a porch light next to the door up the stairs so I added it. I then forgot to retake the aerial back picture; that's why there isn't one in the aerial picture.

Overlook and top of the stairs, two views. I just realized as I include this picture here that I have a wall issue (visible in the first picture) that I need to address. Also, I'm thinking of adding some skylights into the slanted roof over the Great room...

Bedroom.

Master bedroom.

Main bathroom.

Sewing room/loft, two views.

Floor plan, main floor.

Floor plan, first floor.

Floor plan, attic. I didn't take any pictures of the attic space because I didn't make any changes to it.

[Nov 28, 2018, 6:13:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Just a quick follow-up post; I fixed the wall above the stairway. I ended up actually deleting the walls on both the first and second level and replacing them.

In so doing, I realized that I had a few other things that needed small adjustments, like the railing behind the chairs, the size of the rug under the chairs, and placement of the chairs...

I realize it's a bit hard to see from this picture (since I didn't make the roofing invisible to take it), but in order to adjust the railing, I made it about half its original size and copied it so that there are more balusters. The rug I made 6'6" x 12' instead of 5' x 13'; I think it now fits better in the overlook space. In doing that I moved the chairs, table and lamp so that they're more symmetrically placed on the rug.

[Nov 29, 2018, 11:45:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for these nice images. This triangle fireplace is very original smile

I'd like to apologize for not answering to your message posted on October 15th. It was a short time after the release of the version 6.0, at a moment when I didn't updated the FAQ How can I adjust the memory used by Sweet Home 3D? yet. I changed the FAQ to make the difference between people who still use Apple Java 1.6 and the ones who use Oracle Java 1.8. Sorry again sad
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 30, 2018, 1:00:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

That's alright, Puybaret, as it seems to have worked itself out in the end.

Just after my last post, I made a few additions to the inside of the house.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k7h7nq44xa3b7hb...side%25283%2529.sh3d/file

I've added beams to the ceilings over the Great Room and the Overlook/Stairway. I adjusted the railings separating the Overlook with the Great Room (there's 3 instead of 2 so that there are now more balusters), and now I think that all the railings have roughly the same spacings. I've also added more posts to the ends of the railings.

The bookcases around the bathroom door were raised to 8 feet and I changed the wood used on them.

I then took a bit of inspiration from a couple of my other houses and put in a row of fixed windows above the Overlook.

I also adjusted the roofing so that there wasn't any disparities visible from the inside.

[Dec 1, 2018, 9:55:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jehu

Jamaica

newbie, i really love your work
[Dec 9, 2018, 3:20:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Oh, thank you so much. A great deal of time and thought have gone into this design.

And, once again, i've updated some of the items inside this house since my last post; I have not made any changes to the outside.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/22h707w8zdz8s19/3B2b2S_Outside.sh3d/file

Main floor floor plan.

Top floor floor plan.

Attic space floor plan.

I've made the roofing invisible to take the pictures of the floor plans.

Front aerial view of the bay of windows over the overlook. I wanted to add this picture to my previous post, but didn't get it rendered until the day after.

Just inside the entryway. I added a table, mirror, lilies, and a bowl.

Three different views of the Living Room. I found this Art Deco style fireplace that I just fell in love with and had to put it in here. Then I realized that I needed something on the mantle and found this small mantle clock. It's probably a bit noticeable that I did move the chandelier that's above the stairway more center to the room.

I think that I might have had the Virtual Visitor inside one of the glass-door-covered bookcases in that last picture or something as I have some strange reflections there...

Two different views of the Master Bedroom. The dressing table was the inspiration for the changes, both in this room and the Living Room. I found a dresser, end table and bed frame that I felt works well with the Art Deco look. I changed the size of the cedar chest as well as the wood used on it, and changed the light source above the dressing table.

Attic space. I added a single beam to help bring the light down so that it lights up the space better.

[Dec 21, 2018, 4:38:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

This is kind of a long "story", but I wondered what this house would look like if I were to put the external stairs inside the house, so I started a separate file and did just that. I actually did this about a month ago, was going to share pictures of that but didn't get around to it. Then, when I went back to take pictures a few days ago, I realized that this house could actually fit on the lot my current real life home is sitting on, and I adjusted the property walls and trees accordingly.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/65aum72atp28cyi/3B2b2S_Alt.sh3d/file

After that, I realized that if I could put this home here, then I didn't have enough bedrooms to accommodate all the people that live here, so I ended up saving it as yet another file and taking the empty space above the Great room to make that area into an en suite bedroom for myself. Those changes I did take pictures of. I did make a few design choice changes in the kitchen, and because of losing the chandelier in the Great room I added some lamps, but other than that I didn't make much changes to the main floor.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xwsun1nkgvydyn2/3B2b2S_Alt_2.sh3d/file

Aerial Front

Aerial Back

Main Floor

Top Floor

Attic

Just inside the front entrance, looking toward the kitchen

Just inside the front entrance, looking toward the Great room

Inside the kitchen, looking toward the back patio doors and the new stairwell

Just up the main stairs, looking toward the area that had been the overhang, showing off the new en suite bedroom door. I made the rug smaller and changed the placement of the armchairs.

Just inside the main bathroom on the top floor, looking toward the area where the door to the Sewing room had been. I also moved the toilet closer to that back wall, and moved the toilet paper dispenser to the wall.

Sewing room, from two different angles. The first is taken from where the door to the Main bathroom had been; I moved the filing cabinet (and lengthened it) to that wall. After doing that, I gave myself a bit more room around the crafting table by moving it. There's a door to the en suite opposite the doorway to the stairwell.

The new en suite bedroom, just inside the door from the Sewing room. The door on the left is to the bathroom. The door in the middle is to a walk-in closet. The last door is to the main stairwell, as seen in that picture above.

The new en suite bathroom.

I didn't take a picture of the walk-in closet. Also, I didn't take any pictures of the rooms that were not changed.

[Feb 14, 2019, 11:23:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Nice job of the rework Aeowyn, one day you may find yourself with a finished project, but i doubt it wink .

Mike
[Feb 16, 2019, 12:24:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 51   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved