Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 51
Posts: 51   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 84788 times and has 50 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3-Bedroom 2-bath 2-Story House

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, but some of those aren't quite updated (I posted those there then made modifications, but didn't save the modifications). crying

So, it looks like some of them I'm going to have to start from scratch, and some I'll have to update, hopefully with the help of the pictures I've posted here and on Facebook as references. That'll take some time though.
----------------------------------------

[Jun 30, 2018, 1:17:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I was lucky with this house as I had a recent copy of it, although there were a few minor changes that I'd posted about that weren't included - easily remedied (here) .

As you can see, I found a slightly darker stucco texture that looks pretty good. I decided to not have the front greenery to be exact mirrors, and put that one sassafras tree back at the corner. I also changed the height of the short walls and gates around the trash bins in back from 3-feet to 4-feet high.

Then I got to thinking, how could I fit another bedroom into the house... here's what I came up with, in a separate file. The front is essentially the same (which is why there isn't an additional front picture below) but I added a bumped out section to the back wall which created a room large enough to put in a twin size bed with a small nightstand and a not-too-bulky dresser. In so doing, I moved the bar, stools and table set over to add additional walking space between the bar and the wall. Oh, and I removed one of the sets of hanging plants.

On the outside the addition looks a little too much like a last minute addition; does anybody have any suggestions to remedy that? I was thinking of maybe lengthening the garage, but this garage is pretty long as it is in my opinion... I was thinking maybe adding an storage room or something behind the garage? I don't know.

[Jul 19, 2018, 12:12:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Since you now have a new mac, why not do the photo rendering in Quality 4?

The black countertop of the kitchen looks exactly like floor tiles. Maybe you can try increasing the scale in the material texture setting of the counter top from 0% to 300%-600%, so that it appears like a single slab of marble top.
[Jul 22, 2018, 4:28:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Ever since I got the new Mac, I have been trying to render this house using all qualities and as low as 200 pixels width, but for some reason I'm still not getting anything. crying I don't know if this has to do with it, but I am using the free version of the software. Or maybe because, even though this computer is new I haven't installed additional memory chips? Here's a screenshot of the information regarding my new Mac:

Whatever the cause, I wish I could show at least one rendered picture of this, my second most favorite house.

As for the kitchen countertop, I did have a rather dark marble on there; I have since changed it. I have been playing with the scale of the texture for those and I think that I might have come up with a good size so that it doesn't look like lots of tiles.

Thing is, while looking at the kitchen, I realized that there was way too much brown; brown cabinets, brown backsplash, brown countertops, etc. Anyway, I changed the backsplash tiles to some blue glass tiles (at least I think they're glass tiles - they may be something else though) I found on the internet that kind of matches the blue wall paint treatment in the rest of the rooms around the kitchen. Kind of ties the area together you might say.

Brown countertop

Blue tile backsplash

[Jul 23, 2018, 1:44:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vivekrajan

United Kingdom

Impressive work!!
[Jul 26, 2018, 10:21:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, vivekrarjan!

I think I've "fixed" the alternate version to make the back not look like I'd just slapped an extra room on.

I added a small office/storage room to the back of the garage and lengthened the new bedroom. In doing so, I've had to move the HVAC unit and water heater a bit as well as the garbage bins to the privacy wall. I also have the brick facade going all the way around the new addition so that it blends better.

I think I've gotten the alternate version pretty well done then. Any thoughts? smile

[Jul 30, 2018, 4:48:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Aeowyn,

I see that your recovery work is progressing slowly.
it's good. smile

On the last picture I see a pretty colorful sky, it's not because of the big fires in California ? biggrin

And especially that your family is not in danger ? wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 30, 2018, 6:05:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Ever since I got the new Mac, I have been trying to render this house using all qualities and as low as 200 pixels width, but for some reason I'm still not getting anything. crying I don't know if this has to do with it, but I am using the free version of the software. Or maybe because, even though this computer is new I haven't installed additional memory chips? Here's a screenshot of the information regarding my new Mac:

8GB of Ram seems a bit low to me. I have installed 32BG and 60-70% of them are used while rendering.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jul 30, 2018, 4:57:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

8 GB should be ok. But did you try to increase the max memory used by the program?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 30, 2018, 6:05:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Oh my, thank you, Puybaret! I'm not very technologically inclined and couldn't figure out how to increase the memory, but now that I have done so I've been able to get a pretty good rendering of the back of the alternate to this house.

It's only about 500 pixels wide but I hadn't been able to get a rendering of half that size before.

[Jul 31, 2018, 9:43:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 51   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved