Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 51
Posts: 51   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 84781 times and has 50 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3-Bedroom 2-bath 2-Story House

And after posting those pictures, I took the following:

Guest Bathroom from two different corners.

Laundry Room from two different corners.

Garage from two different corners.
----------------------------------------

[Nov 2, 2017, 8:32:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I figure I might as well add an update to this thread, since it's been a couple of months since it was updated, as well as share the file for this house (the unfurnished version that is) as it currently stands.

I'll also be adding updates to a few other threads as well, with a similar layout to this update.

3B2b2S Outside

Aerial Front

Aerial Back

Main Floor - Level 0

Top Floor - Level 1

Attic - Level 2

The changes have basically been almost all outside, with only the entryway closet inside being adjusted.

[Jan 27, 2018, 5:48:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I decided today that I needed to make a few minor adjustments to this house.

I changed the big window. Does this look okay or should I change it back?

I changed the wall paint in the kitchen/dining area, added a backsplash, and made the island a little taller so that the counter with the sink is at the same height as the rest of the back counter area.

Also, not in any of these pictures is that I took the curio cabinet out of the dining area.

[Feb 20, 2018, 7:36:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Something about the front of this house was bugging me a little; the way the entryway looked just didn't really seem to work well with the house. Yes, it is my design, and my original choice to design it that way. I'm not sure if the changes I've made to it work well or not either, but here's the changes. Rendering it wasn't working on this one either, so it's a screenshot cropped down to show just the front of the house.

With the changes I made I had to move the mailbox off the entryway, and I put it out in front. I took away the open windows, arched doorframe, and the walls from bottom part of the entryway. It still needed some kind of support for the top, so I replaced the walls with columns at each corner, and an arch I downloaded from 3D Warehouse between them.

I've changed the texture on the top part of entryway; I found a picture of dark wood shingles and used that. After using it there, I thought I'd better put it somewhere else on the house so that it all ties together, so I put it on the one forward facing outside wall on the loft area. Unfortunately, because I couldn't get it to render, the shingles just show as a dark brown. This is the picture I used:

I also thought that the one wall on the side near the chimney looked odd with the roughcast, so I changed it to the stonework I have on the front; I feel it seems to work better like that.

And after doing all that, I realized that the chimney I had used didn't really match either, so I found another one on 3D Warehouse that worked better, even though the roughcast on it looks very odd (although now that I'm getting a really good look at it, I think it might be a bit too tall now).

[Mar 20, 2018, 7:52:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I forgot to mention one thing about the new chimney. I meant to have it made out of the same stones as either the front of the house or the ones around the fireplace but because of the way the texture was showing it would have looked ridiculous; the roughcast may look odd but at least it's not that bad. laughing

[Mar 20, 2018, 10:52:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Last night, I was looking at my different pictures on a particular social media site and of course came across the one for this house, when I had a revelation... I need to add a walkway around the garage for the garbage cans, so that I wouldn't have to take them through the garage. And since I'm adding the walkway, I ought to decorate it with a gate, a fence, and a privacy wall, as well as some greenery. laughing

So, that's what I've been working on today.

Aerial view. Oh, and I did shorten the chimney by two feet.

Virtual visitor view, taken from next to the mailbox.

And since I did all that, I realized that I really didn't like having the garbage bins all exposed in the back; doesn't quite make for a pleasant sight when you have a summer barbecue party. wink So, I added a couple of short walls and a couple of gates.

[Apr 4, 2018, 1:17:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I just realized a short while ago that the privacy wall as well as the short walls around the trash cans that I just added yesterday are supposed to be stucco covered cinder block walls, and that 3 inches wide isn't thick enough to show that. So, they are now 9 inches wide (8-inch cinder blocks with about half an inch of stucco on each side).

Oh, and I figured that the privacy wall is likely to extend further than just the walkway, and I extended it to about the same point as the patio ends, although it's more likely to extend to the end of backyard in real life (if it were ever made) but I figure since that's where I ended the house I'll stop it there.

I also moved the grill/bar combination a very small amount because the way the patio beams interacted with it wasn't "even"... it was bothering me a little and since I was back there I might as well fine tune it. laughing

(I also changed the sky to sunset, just to see what it would like. I'll probably change that again later too laughing.)

[Apr 5, 2018, 7:06:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Okay, so I was a bit bored today and started messing around with this house yet again; doesn't help that I have this house set up as my computer's desktop pictures. Anyway, here's the pictures of the changes I've made, almost all of which were to the patio.

I evened out the walkway around the back of the garage and spread the trees out some, added a wet bar and a couple of metal bar chairs, changed the table set, moved and changed the wood on the china cabinet, and added a metal wall sculpture.

I did move the tree that's right in front of the house a little closer to the entryway, but that's the only change I made to the front, and because of that, I didn't take a picture.

Here's the screenshots of each level with the changes (minus the roofing of course).

Hopefully these will be the last changes I make to this house (for a while anyway), unless anybody has any suggestions? wink laughing Here's a copy of the house (unfurnished) if anybody wants to do anything with it.

[Apr 7, 2018, 9:16:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Surprise, surprise! I've made a few "minor" changes to the outside of this house once again. laughing

Once again, I'm not able to take any rendered pictures because of the size of the file (over 50 MB compressed), so these are screenshots.

I changed the beige roughcast texture that's on the walls to a slightly darker beige stucco texture I'd found online. I took out the sassafras tree that was in front of the house and put in more of the skinny trees, as well as took out some of the skinny trees that were in front of the Great Room window and put in the roses and lilies. I changed the width of the window to the Great Room from 9 feet to 8 feet. Hard to see in these pictures is that I changed the wood on the door frames to the dark wood. I wrapped the dark wood shingles around the one side of the house. I changed the countertops in the kitchen from the patterned tile to what you see in the third picture.

I think it looks a bit more impressive, yet more inviting. So, what does anybody think of these changes?

[May 14, 2018, 4:21:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I almost forgot another small change I made.

I took off the paint from some of the small stones that wrap around the fireplace on the second floor. You can also see from this picture the small change I made to the door frames I'd mentioned previously.

[May 14, 2018, 4:50:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 51   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved