Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 18
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 29164 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Hobby Shed / Couple's Cabin

In my last thread I mentioned something called a "Hobby Shed". Actually, what I came up with can also be used as a one bedroom cabin - a "Couple's Cabin".

I'll start with the "Hobby Shed" version, I'll post it after this:

Screenshots of the floor plans for the "Hobby Shed" version.

Front and back aerial views.

Disclaimer: I included a couple of my other hobbies into the design of this, not just sewing - mead making and baking - both requiring the use of a kitchen. Also, with mead making there needs to be someplace to store the product while it ferments.

The entry. To the left is the Sewing Room. The door in the middle is to the Bathroom. To the right is the Kitchen. I'll show both the Bathroom and the Kitchen on a reply to this post, since they haven't changed for the "Couple's Cabin".

This is the mead storage area, also where it is bottled. This is the room behind the Kitchen.

The Sewing Room, three different angles. You can see, in the second picture, there are two doors under the the stairs; the first is to the Laundry Room (yes, I have one in here as washing fabric is a necessity for sewing). I'll include that with the later posting of the Kitchen and Bathroom. The second door (the blue one) is to the outside - one of the back doors.

Up the stairs is the room I would use for storing my sewing needs; sewing patterns, books, fabric, thread, zippers and buttons, like that.
----------------------------------------

[Aug 9, 2016, 2:49:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Hobby Shed / Couple's Cabin

The "Couple's Cabin" version:

I've changed the Mead Storage room into a Sun room. I could have turned it into a Dining room but figured that would be overkill.

I've changed the Sewing room into the Great room.

Upstairs, I've changed the Sewing Storage room to the Bedroom.

[Aug 9, 2016, 3:21:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here are the parts that are the same for both:

The Kitchen.

The Bathroom.

The Laundry Room.

[Aug 9, 2016, 3:26:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Good work as ussual. smile

I like the great room with many windows and high ceilings. applause
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Aug 9, 2016, 5:39:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you.

And upon seeing the comment on the "dream" house about heating I just realized that I don't have that in this structure! I think I'll have to revisit it and see about placing one somewhere (probably the kitchen?). biggrin

[Aug 13, 2016, 7:07:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Alright, I've revisited both the "Hobby Shed" and the "Couple's Cabin", and I've added a floor standing AC and heating unit.

This, of course, covers both the "Hobby Shed" and the Couple's Cabin". As with all my other designs I've put in something that works as an HVAC unit but since I know nothing about vent placement and the like I haven't included those. I guess what I'm saying is that there are vents but they're more implied than applied. wink

I've also added to both a round rug in the entryway.

And since I was in both structures I figured I might do a little more decorating.

The "Hobby Shed" sewing room. I've added some pictures as well as a female dress form, a wall clock behind it, a pair of scissors and a ruler onto the crafting table, and a laptop on the second desk, and changed up some of the lighting. Also, on the top floor overlook I've taken out the unnecessary dresser and replaced it with a bookcase and a bench for sitting as well as another picture. Disclaimer: All of the pictures in the "Hobby Shed" (except for the "Fashion Designer" one and the still life in the mead storage room) are of actual drawings that I've done and scanned into my computer (or in the case of one of them I took a digital picture and uploaded to my computer)... and I just realized that I didn't tone down the shine on the them as the pictures aren't very visible... blushing

The "Couple's Cabin" great room. I've added some pictures and changed up the lighting some here too. I've tried to do generally the same thing on the top floor overlook here as I did in the "Hobby Shed" - but instead of just a single picture over the bench I've put in two.

[Aug 14, 2016, 2:43:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I was just looking at my collage and realized how silly it was having a balcony off of a storage room! biggrin So, I went back to the Hobby Shed and made a few changes.

The balcony is gone, and the storage room has been expanded. In doing such, I've taken out the double doors (of course), put in a few windows, changed up some of the storage cabinets, and added a table with a couple of chairs - to look through books or what-have-you - and an extra light.

So, of course the exterior of the building has changed.

I also realize that there are some bare exterior walls (places without windows) on one side, that's because those rooms have cabinetry in the way. I'm thinking that the building is close to if not against some fencing; maybe not.

[Sep 10, 2016, 8:33:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Something I've been working on all day today and yesterday (it's nearly 3:00a.m. and so technically I've been working on this all day yesterday and the day before wink )...

I've made a third file of this based on the Couple's Cabin... made a few changes and have been working on getting pictures rendered of the changes...

I've split the bedroom and the balcony into two, made the upper walkway half its length, changed a few things in the Great room, changed the Sun room into a Dining room, and adjusted the size of the big windows a bit, added hedges to the ground floor... and other little bits...

Screenshots of both the ground floor and first floor floor plans...

I'll post rendered pictures of this soon... How soon I cannot tell at present as I need sleep... smile

[Nov 30, 2016, 10:47:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Interestigng architecture! Looking forward to see the new pictures (but after a good sleep ;-)
[Nov 30, 2016, 9:23:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Last picture finally taken.

I have not taken pictures of the entryway, kitchen, bathroom and laundry room as the only change I made in there has been the ceiling (White roughcast texture instead of matching the walls). Disclaimer: I have all the pictures set at the same time (4:12p.m. - long story on that one laughing ), but the outside aerial views for some reason looks later than the inside views.

Outside aerial views from four different angles. And, upon looking at those last two pictures, I realize that I probably should put porch lights near those back doors, and while I'm thinking of that I think I might need to work out putting some of those hedges there too?

The Great room, three different views. First, from the opening to the entryway. Second and third, from the bookcase; one looking to the opening to the entryway, the other to the back door under the stairs. I wasn't sure what to do with this little spot; but I might change it up and put some big comfy armchairs there in place of the bench and low bookcase.

You'll probable have noticed that on my previous comment that on the ground floor floor plan the rectangle at the stairs is turned at a different angle from that last picture I'd posted. Easily explained; that piece of furniture for some reason doesn't have a backing, looking extremely strange that way when viewed by the virtual visitor and so I turned it back against the wall.

Also, you'll notice that the back door is no longer blue but white. I thought it looked rather odd, especially after I'd changed the front door and its surrounding windows.

The Dining room. You'll notice in this picture that the curio cabinet seems to have some inner lighting, but that that light is absent from the aerial view. Also an easy explanation; the outside aerial views were done first, the lighting as it was seemed alright then, but when I went to take the interior shot the silly cabinet was too dark for my taste.

Now on to the first floor.

Walkway. I realized when I took this that the new wall with the mass of picture frames was kind of dark, just like the dining room's curio cabinet, and added the spotlights just before taking this picture. And no, the virtual visitor isn't standing on air; he/she/it is just at the top of the stairs, at the one corner of the L-shaped walkway. The door on the left is to the smaller bedroom and the door on the right to the larger one.

The smaller bedroom. As you can see I've set it up as a room for two children. No closet but a wardrobe.

The larger bedroom. I've kept all the previous furniture from the bedroom in the Couple's Cabin for this room (just rearranged). I guess this would be called the Master bedroom.

I realize that the bedrooms aren't very large, but since this is a cabin it's likely to be near a lake or forest where people generally wouldn't be spending much time inside... Speaking of which, since it is a cabin I might want to rethink having the beige roughcast outside walls...

[Dec 1, 2016, 8:41:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved