Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9023 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Skitzo0379

Norway
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Cut glass

Hello! (I am new here, and my english is terrible so bear with me)

I was looking at some 3d models like: http://imgur.com/a/08qB7
But I can't understand how to cut the windows and doors like that...

Thanks in advance for answers!

Best regards,
Lars
[Aug 3, 2016, 8:18:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Cut glass

If I understand your question correctly... you can't.

Or, at least not with stock SH3D models. Instead, you'd need custom 'half' doors and windows, to give the cut-through look. Set your wall height to 4 feet (122 cm), place the special door and window objects, and you're done.

I don't *think* such models exist here or in the Sourceforge database; please correct me if I'm wrong. If I get a chance, I may try my hand at these later today.

maz
[Aug 4, 2016, 6:26:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Skitzo0379

Norway

Thank you for answering!
I hope I will stumble across someone who have made something like that, would be awesome.
And If you could take a look at it aswell I would be more than greatful!
[Aug 4, 2016, 6:46:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Hei Lars,

Seems many estate agents (here) tend to use these cut-off-wall presentations of properties. As Maz says, SH3D cannot cut the (window) models in half. A half window/door model is easy enough to make. Not sure how useful such models would be, though. If you want a similar cut-off presentation, you could:
1) set wall height to 150cm (or something),
2) use invisible windows that just cut the opening.
(to make a door/window invisible, use the service hatch or some other door/window and set the frame material to invisible with Modify furniture > Modify materials). You will not see the frame or window-pane, but imho the effect is close enough. So close that there may not be a need for "half" windows in the collection.

That said, the 3D exporter/viewer will allow you a more detailed and accurate view online, for instance thread 6956 and the 3D view (using the Exported homes manager).

Nevertheless, here is a very quick mock-up of a half-window (toggle invisibility/colour of elements - you still need to adjust wall height, though):

SourceForge 3D models 399: Window cut half.

ok

PS - engelsken din er glimrende, den smile, men det er mulig å spørre på norsk også i forum for fremmespråklige ...

[Aug 10, 2016, 11:06:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Regarding this subject, please read also this new tip in the blog. And again, many thanks to Okh.
[May 18, 2017, 10:13:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved