Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 84
Posts: 84   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 76282 times and has 83 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Two-Story Double Jack-and-Jill Home

Me, too. laughing

As I'm still working on the inside I haven't figured out the exterior paint, any decoration for outside, or even the roofing.
----------------------------------------

[Aug 4, 2016, 8:35:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've done a little "tweaking" of the ground floor. Hopefully, this will be the last I make changes to the ground floor and just concentrate on the top floor from here on...

Disclaimer on the following pictures: The file has gotten SO HUGE (about 126.2 MG!!!), so instead of the best rendering I've had to settle for the next best rendering, which has made the pictures really quite grainy. I think next house I need to NOT use the items I find on 3D Warehouse as they tend to be quite large. sad I also had another picture I was going to use to show the dining area of the Great room but didn't have that good of an angle of it; when I went to retake the picture I wasn't able to render it due to the file's size, hence the screenshot instead. These are likely to be the last pictures I'll be able to render since the file has gotten so huge. Any further pictures I will post from screenshots instead.

In the Great room, I took out the chandelier and added other light sources, both on the upper floor as well as the ground floor. Also, instead of using a half wall as a railing on the upper floor I've put in a wooden railing. I felt the paint color I'd had on the walls didn't work with the furniture (well, I could've change the color scheme with the furniture, but I like green... a lot biggrin), so I changed the walls - and ceiling - to a mustardy yellow that seems to have rendered more beige than yellow. Whatever, it still works, even in the screenshot. I changed the staircase so now it has closed treads and only the railing on one side (only need it on one side in my opinion), now there's a small closet under them. Yes, I realize that no one would be able to get into it when the back door is closed - or out the back door when the closet door is open - but what can I do? laughing I also switched the "English secretary desk" (not the name I came up with for it; that's what it was called on 3D Warehouse as I recall) with the curio cabinet, added a second curio cabinet and moved the small dresser to be in between the two curio cabinets. On a minor note, I changed the pattern on the rug under the dining set as well as the texture on the seat cushions on the dining chairs, and added a vase with flowers and a bowl on the dresser near the stairs. I also took out the half wall around the TV area and moved the bookcase back against the couch - basically making it more of built in unit. Oh, and I added a table and lamp to the TV area.

The hallway I also repainted since it is open to the Great room. Once again, no pictures of the hallway.

Also repainted the Study. Didn't need to but I wanted to.

Repainted the Family room, since it's open to the hallway I figured it would look weird keeping it a different color from the hallway. I also added an Art Deco grandfather clock - the face of which didn't render very well. You can also see something new out the window; I added the half landing stairs up to the balcony. In doing so I had to take out the second window on that back wall; replaced it with a picture.

I also started on the top floor. Just like with the Great room overlook, I replaced the half walls around the balcony with wooden railing - except for where the stairs let out onto it of course. I also changed out the french windows for double doors - just like the ones on the ground floor. I haven't taken a picture of it yet as I still haven't worked on the exterior of the house.

The Sewing room. It could be used as a crafting room, or another study, whatever is needed.

That's it for now; I'll post screenshots as soon as I get more done.

[Aug 5, 2016, 3:08:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Okay, I figured since I mentioned what I had done with the Balcony, and teased a bit of it in the picture of the Family room, I thought I'd take screenshots of the back of the house in its present condition.

Both are taken by the Virtual Visitor viewpoint; the first is straight on, the second taken from an angle.

[Aug 5, 2016, 3:40:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Good start ! applause

oh my god, your arms and a good cleaning cloth are needed for all these windows... laughing
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Aug 5, 2016, 8:07:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you; it is quite a lot of work going into this monster of a house.

I was thinking more along the lines of hiring a window washer every other month to do it. laughing

Anyway, I've been able to work on more rooms. Actually I'd already started on them yesterday, but completed them today. I also had a brainstorm about how I can get good quality rendered pictures... once I had them done to my satisfaction I copied the room (or rooms) I had been working on onto a new file! Voila! Really nice pictures! biggrin

The Master Bedroom. It's large enough for a small sitting area and a bookcase. You'll notice the double bifold doors there in the second picture... that's to the Walk-In Closet. I just noticed an "oops" in that second picture; I forgot to change the heights of the different doors! sad I'll have to fix that...

The Walk-In Closet. Very nice, lots of room here! smile I might change out this arrangement for another one, but this is fine for now.

The Master Bathroom. Double sinks, corner cabinetry, its own linen closet between the shower and bathtub. Above the toilet is a cabinet with additional towel racks.

Now onto the two Jack-and-Jills. I'll list them starting with the ones closest to the Master Suite. They're pretty much mirrors of each other as they have the same furnishings. I've taken the pictures of the bedrooms from their doors to the hallway. The only difference is that the "Jills" are for adult females - with double beds - and the "Jacks" are for minor boys - twin beds.

The first "Jack".

The Bathroom between the first "Jack" and "Jill". The first picture is taken from the door to the first "Jack", the second picture is taken from in front of the one sink in the corner, and the third is taken from the door to the first "Jill".

The first "Jill".

The second "Jill".

The Bathroom between the second "Jack" and "Jill".

And finally, the second "Jack".

Right now I don't have the Nursery completed. I have an idea of what I want in there - one side for the cribs and changing stations, the other half a play area and sitting area - but I'm not sure how to arrange that yet. I'll figure that out... biggrin

[Aug 5, 2016, 9:30:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Certainly different to your "Tiny" house mate. shame to lose the atrium i was looking forward to seeing that. Great work yet again. smile
[Aug 5, 2016, 11:11:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I could still work on the atrium version, as I kept that as a separate file. Once I get my "creative juices" replenished I think I might just start back on that one. biggrin

[Aug 6, 2016, 12:06:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Oh, I almost forgot to include the screenshots of each floor's floor plan. biggrin

[Aug 6, 2016, 12:33:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I realized earlier today that there's no bathroom easily accessible to the area designated "Nursery". I could've put a door that would access one of the Jack-and-Jill bathrooms, but then in thinking once the child/children started to grow up then that would be one crowded bathroom. So, I came up with the following:

Revised floor plan for the top floor. I took out my sewing room and replaced it with another bathroom, bringing the total number of bathrooms to FIVE! Wow, that's a lot of plumbing... I also split the Nursery area into what could later be two bedrooms (a grand total of NINE bedrooms! Oh my goodness!); see, they have closets! laughing Anyway, right now I have them listed as a Nursery and a Playroom.

The new Bathroom. Similar layout to the Master bathroom but without the shower stall and the linen closet - there's a cabinet for that instead. I'm looking at that area between the toilet and the sink and I'm thinking that maybe I might add a small cabinet there...

The Nursery. I have it set up for two babies, but I have no idea how many babies there might be, if any at all. Since this was part of a sleep-dream, as I recall I had seen two cribs in it and just went along with that. biggrin

The Playroom. There's a bookcase for both books and toys, a cubby area for cute storage bins and larger toys, a toy chest for the really big toys, and a rocking chair so that whoever is taking care of the child/children can sit and read to him/her/them. Oh, and some toys as well. smile

[Aug 7, 2016, 5:13:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

Wow...
Such a contemporary look. Nice experiment Aeowyn. smile
[Aug 7, 2016, 8:20:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 84   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved