Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 50
Posts: 50   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 31279 times and has 49 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Versailles : Gallery of Mirrors

Hi Lady,

Actually it was late. sad
The gold statues are very bright, view photo of Manu previously.

Here gallery phase VI and last (?)
The sun shines, light is more natural. smile

All lights are at 35%, Stardate : 06/21 - 10h00 am
1024x768 in Q4 without R1.3.1

I could compare because I'll be there late August.
smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 30, 2016, 7:39:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

This one looks absolutely the best! Congratulation bdfd. Great.
[Jul 30, 2016, 9:20:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

I agree with Martin. Congratulation!
[Jul 30, 2016, 6:49:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Thanks friends.

View from the other side.

No it is not the same once returned, look at the reflection in the left window... smile
---
[Jul 31, 2016, 1:29:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Absolutely amazing! biggrin
[Jul 31, 2016, 5:12:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Thanks.

I didn't see the reflection in the reflection in the Mirror at right... smile

What power this app !
---
[Aug 1, 2016, 5:48:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Bonjour,

I was going to comment on this thread some time ago, but then I decided to wait for your next renderings. And then I forgot.
This is incredibly beautiful, and stands out as one of the most creative projects I have seen on this forum. That was the first thing I wanted to say.
And then I had some comments about the lighting, like that the chandeliers were losing their form and texture from the strong light.
The later renderings were definitely improvements, but I think there's still some work to be done, unless you have gotten tired of the project.
I was thinking; what happens if you reduce the lights inside the chandeliers almost to a minimum, and then light them up by spreading some low intensity incandescent lights in a circle around them? Maybe only two is enough? Sure it will take some time to render, but you could always use the option to render multiple shots, and then render over night, like I do with most of my renderings. And rendering over night has the added value of producing an extra incentive to get out of bed :=)

And then I was thinking; since, after all, you have invested so much creativity in making this gallery, why not render out some details? We all know the geography of the gallery by now, so maybe some closer shots of the variety of statues and their ornaments, the benches, the niche... and maybe try shooting from some interesting angles.

Just an idea.

Cec
[Aug 4, 2016, 12:44:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Amazing work -- both inspiration and intimidation. wink

How are you managing the lights? Every time I think I have the 'white spot' (or, as I like to call it, 'ich') problem licked, I run into another complication. As best I can tell, it's caused by some infelicity in how SunFlow handles anti-aliasing. (I was trying to track it down, but I found myself waylaid by a search for the optimum process for moving Sketchup models into SH3D. I *think* that's largely over, now, and as soon as I finish writing it up, I plan to return my attention to curing ich.)

Here are a couple of things I've found that can reduce or eliminate them:

1. Increase the maximum anti-aliasing to 3, 4, or -- if you have time and cores enough -- 5.
1b. Alternatively, you might try increasing the minimum anti-aliasing to 2 or 3.

2. Increase the diameter of your light sources. I have to admit, this surprised me, as I've been using small (1/4") lights in custom ceiling-mounted fixtures to illuminate my home plans, seemingly with little trouble. The first time I tried to render this image, though, using those same fixture models, I was plagued by a sprinkling of spots.

I increased maximum anti-aliasing to 4 (or was it 5?) and re-rendered the image; that got rid of almost all of the ich, but it took nearly 9-1/2 hours to render, and it it rendered with a glitch. (Occasionally, my finished render will contain one of the SH3D 'bucket' icons -- the ones that track rendering progress, one per thread -- instead of a bucket-sized chunk of image. As this increasingly happens the longer the render, I suspect it's caused by another application popping up on the execution stack, and SH3D not necessarily recovering correctly.) Even worse, I didn't notice the problem until *after* I'd sent the image to my client.

I'm not quite sure why it occurred to me to try to increase the diameter of my light sources, but I did. I deselected all of the fixtures and positioned 1-? 2?-foot lights at the same x/y but a slightly lower Z. Returning anti-aliasing to 1/2, I rendered it a third time -- and in a fraction of the time, 14 min vs 9.5 hours.

I didn't change the number of light sources or the relative strengths: a 1/4-inch or point source at 20% became a 24-inch source at 20%. Everything else was the same -- except for the missing ich.

Cecilia's ideas are worth trying, too. It's a shame to lose so much depth and realism by having to matt objects; maybe with a little experimentation you can find a spot-free gloss!

Maz
[Aug 4, 2016, 10:59:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Thanks friends. smile

There are good ideas to improve everything...

1. Increase the maximum anti-aliasing to 3, 4,
Yes, it was 4.
the minimum anti-aliasing to 2 or 3.
Yes, it was 2.

I try to get to this picture to stick to reality and my memories (without central objects).

I'll test again nextly...
---
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bdfd at Aug 5, 2016, 8:01:58 AM]
[Aug 5, 2016, 7:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

Yes yes yes yes....super...
What was the time of rendering with anti-aliasing 2/4 ?
[Aug 5, 2016, 8:50:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 50   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved