Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 47351 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Home inspired by my "Tiny home"

I've had to do some additional changes to the furnishings in the Living Room/Dining Room/Kitchen/Pantry areas as some of what I was using were large in size (some of the furniture was over 3MB apiece!), just so that I could get some renderings done. At this moment, I have a couple different angles of the Living Room and one of the Dining Room ready to be posted, and I'm working on getting a couple of the Kitchen/Pantry areas.

Living Room.

Dining Room.

As you can see I've used a great deal of old Japanese/Oriental textures to the place as I happen to like the style. If I were able to find furnishings that were more Japanese in styling that wasn't so large (in bytes that is) I would have, but I settled more for the textures.

The armchair, the pillows, the placemats and the border on the round rug have this kimono inspired texture:

Each framed picture has its own different Japanese art, either a woodblock print, photograph or painting.

The plates and the small vase on the dining table have this texture:

I've even made the round rug using tatami:

----------------------------------------

[Jun 27, 2017, 9:23:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I got renderings done of the Kitchen/Pantry area, three in fact.

This one is taken from the Dining Room entryway. I purposely had the camera angled so that the little bit of the Living Room was visible in the shot.

This one is taken from the corner near the Laundry/Utility Room. Here you can see into the Dining area and a little bit of the staircase area.

This one is taken from the corner near the tall cabinet in the Pantry area. More of the staircase area is visible in this one.

As you can see, I've changed the refrigerator to this vintage styled one and made it black. I've also changed the cabinet facings to mimic black lacquer (the sides of the lower cabinets as well). There's a different cooker and hood, I changed to a darker countertop and backsplash, changed the shelving over the sink, and swapped the placement of the dishwasher and freezer. Oh, I also changed the design of the dishwasher, and I took out that one wall that making the counter and cabinets between the two areas more seamless.

[Jun 28, 2017, 8:31:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I don't know why I didn't include these renderings in my previous post.

The staircase area. I changed out the window used, and pushed the Japanese step cabinet back closer to the wall. I made some adjustments to the chandelier as well; made it a bit smaller and a little higher up, as well as darkened the crystals and metal of it. That's about it for this area.

It seems to me that this chandelier doesn't quite work well with the Japanese motif; I guess if I were able to build this house, I'd probably use something more along these lines instead (Origami V Medium Pendant Light):

Or maybe like this (Corbett Lighting 105-75 Shoji 22 Inch Wide Foyer Pendant):

[Jun 28, 2017, 8:54:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I decided to go for it and use a downloaded hanging light; I found one that was close to what I was looking for, and isn't a very large file to boot! So, I changed out the one I had in the Stair area as well as the one in the Dining room.

This new hanging light originally was made out of wood (as well as paper screening which I left as is), but I changed it to be made out of distressed metal (as shown below).

I found that in making those switches the file was small enough I was able to put back the ceiling fan in the Living room - that I'd originally wanted - without making the file too big to render pictures! Yay! applause

I've also finished getting rendered pictures of the rest of the main floor, including the detached garage.

Half Bath. Not much changed here; different cabinet and hutch near the toilet, shortened the window a couple of inches, reduced the size of the towel (as well as changed the towel's color), and added a second framed picture (the edge of it is just visible on the right side of the picture).

Laundry / Utility room. The first picture is taken from the door to the Kitchen / Pantry, and the second picture is taken from the side door. As you can see I switched the cabinets with the washer/dryer/sink, and I believe I also have both windows the same size. And, upon looking at the second picture, I think I might deepen the tall cabinet near the Kitchen / Pantry door... which I figured I could do quickly, and now the tall cabinet is part of the wall.

The detached garage. The first picture is taken from the corner near the door. The second picture is taken from the workstation.

[Jun 29, 2017, 2:22:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

And I don't know why that first picture of the Laundry / Utility room came out that way; when I changed the tall cabinet as seen in the third picture, I added another upper cabinet above the washing machine, yet it didn't show up in the picture...

This is what I was trying to post.

[Jun 29, 2017, 2:44:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

It looks like I ought to stop using Photobucket for posting pictures here as they are now asking that I pay hundreds of dollars to allow them to do so... jerks...

I'll try and move these to MediaFire or something...

[Jun 30, 2017, 11:22:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Okay, I think I have a solution to show some of my pictures (the ones that I still have on my computer that is; I'll see about downloading others from Photobucket when I get a chance). These were the most recent ones posted that I hadn't thrown away yet.

Living room.

Dining room.

Half Bath.

Laundry / Utilities room, two angles.

Stair area, two angles.

1-Car Garage, two angles.

I tried using MediaFire, as well as Flikr, but neither of them showed the pictures. I ended up using TinyPic instead.

[Jul 2, 2017, 8:51:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Photobucket isn't working and I can't even access those pictures, so I've decided to just take new pictures and put them onto TinyPic.

The Kitchen Pantry area, three views.

I'm currently working on new exterior shots, and should have those soon.

[Jul 2, 2017, 10:42:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

And here's the new exterior shots.

I'd changed the time of day (from 4:12 pm to 10:09 am) to match the wall clock inside.

[Jul 3, 2017, 4:28:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Just a somewhat quick update as to what I've been up to since my last posting here: I haven't taken any new pictures of this house like I thought I would, seeing as I stumbled across something I find to be rather intriguing (house-plan-wise anyway). I didn't want to create a whole new thread about these, seeing as I didn't actually create these nor have I made any major structural changes to warrant calling these "mine". If someone here thinks that I should make a separate thread (or threads) for these houses let me know. smile

Mainly, I just wanted to see how these houses looked on the inside, but then I wanted to see what they looked like with some modern updates.

Anyway. While looking at Pinterest of all places I came across The Home Builders Catalog which includes oh so many (hundreds) different vintage (1920s I think) house plans - that could be purchased cheaply at the time ($20 US for two complete sets of blueprints, one 16-page guide for listing materials, two sets of specifications and two blank contract forms!!! rolling eyes ).

I looked through and have so far found 3 of them that I find very interesting indeed.

"The Chesapeake". Aerial view of the front. That little bump-out by the side door is where I put the water heater. I haven't figured out how to cover those weird open spots in the walls on the top floor. As you can see, I haven't painted the outside of this yet (except for that one strip above the front porch), although I have completely furnished it.

Taken from the vestibule from next to the stairs, looking into the living room and dining room. I took out the two sets of double doors to the two rooms, opening it up. I didn't want to take out that column as it seems to me to be a crucial spot of the house.

Kitchen taken from the doorway just in from the vestibule. Yes, doorway, not door; I took out the door separating the two spaces, figuring the person who would be in the kitchen would still like to be a part of whatever might be going on in the living room and/or dining room. I also took out the door leading down to the side door. I then put a door between the kitchen and "nook" (if someone here thinks I should replace this door with a doorway, please let me know). Where the refrigerator had been originally seemed a strange place, so I put a pantry there instead, and put the refrigerator closer to the counter.

It looks like next to the side door there are stairs leading down to a basement space not shown on the advertisement; since I live in the California desert, there's no "basements" here and I left those out.

What had been the Nook is now the laundry room. Taken from the door from the kitchen. There is space next to the upper cabinet for the window to open. The flooring of the back porch and the driveway are visible.

I've also furnished the front Chamber on this house to be my sewing room (of course laughing ).

Quick screenshots of the other two houses.

"The Commodore". I haven't worked much on this one; just barely got the floor space figured out (haven't painted or chosen the flooring yet), but I believe I do have the basic built in items included.

Taken from the vestibule looking into the living room and kitchen. There were some strangely placed doors between the vestibule and kitchen; I didn't like those and took them out. I have the built in furnishing in, just haven't made changes to their appearances yet. I also thought the breakup at the back door was just too weird; I opened up that space, as well as taking out the weirdly placed closet, replacing it with a laundry area (although that's not visible in this picture). Oh, and the original had stairs going down into a basement; I took that out and used it as a space to store the water heater and central air - closed off under the stairs.

I wasn't able to completely recreate the hall on the top floor of this house properly (I think) and am not quite happy with it... Maybe that's why I haven't gotten very far with this house...

"The Caruth". As you can see, I've gotten the outside walls all worked out, including the decorative brickwork along the bottom part. I went with "Plan 'A' - Without Basement".

The kitchen and "Screened Porch" (which I've turned into the laundry room, taken from the doorway from the dining room. I've taken that door out and these rooms are all open. I've also taken the door out from between the kitchen and "screened porch".

I took out the both the closet in the vestibule and the linen closet (the way my setup of this came out, the bathroom itself was wider than I think it was originally; the bathtub I used left quite a gap and I've added a tall cabinet to fill in the space), so that there would be a small hallway to the back of the house. If someone here thinks that I ought to put them back, I'll see how that works.

The roofing for these three seem quite intricate and I haven't worked on those yet.

Once I've finished with messing around with those, I'll get back to this house and get the top floor changes rendered. That's all I'm going to mention about these, unless someone here says otherwise. laughing

[Jul 9, 2017, 2:20:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved