Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4900 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
joed11

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Show all levels at once in 2D?

I want to use the 2D diagram with dimensions to build a materials list. Is there a way to show all levels in one view? I want to add dimensions to this view as well.
Thanks,
Joe
[Jul 14, 2016, 6:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: Show all levels at once in 2D?

Easy ... smile

You choose an object from the list in the bottom left frame.
You make a right click and you choose 'select all'.
A second right click on 'export to csv format' and voila ! smile
You can read it with Excel or another...
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 15, 2016, 6:37:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

.. 2D diagram with dimensions to build a materials list. ...show all levels in one view?..
Hmm... Not sure what you are trying to do. You can set elevation of several levels to the same, and they will both display (unless hidden). You can cut and paste between levels - also dimension lines, polygons and comments. Or is it something else you are after?

As for the furniture list bdfd is absolutely correct. But the easiest is probably to display the columns you want, sort them (all from the right-click contextual menu) select the items you want (click, shift/click, ctrl/click and select all provides options for items you wish to include) - and then copy and paste directly into a spreadsheet. Works pretty much the same as the csv export, but saves the detour of exporting. Either way you need to set the paste/import to tab delimited.

ok
[Jul 15, 2016, 9:47:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
joed11

USA

Sorry for not being clear. My project is an outdoor patio. I have several levels to accommodate steps going from the ground level to a secondary level. A 2D print out showing all elements from all levels would basically give me a top view of my layout with dimensions.

I was able to accomplish what I needed by printing to PDF to 1st level and then again the top level. The two prints together gave me what I needed.
Thanks,
Joe
[Jul 15, 2016, 1:12:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..project is an outdoor patio...
Ah, then it makes sense. Setting the levels to the same elevation (in a copy file) should work (select uppermost level to display).

Just for the record and future reference: You can 'print' 2D plan to PDF, but you can also select items, copy and paste to word processor, spreadsheet or image editor (copy generates image to clipboard). Or you can export the 2D plan to SVG and edit with vector based software (like Inkscape, free).

My own preference is to generate the images by copying - and then texting the images to carpenters or myself when heading off to buy materials. The images on the phone are quite useful when getting advice in the store.

Good luck. Patios are fun to build.

ok
[Jul 15, 2016, 1:33:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
joed11

USA

Thank you!
[Jul 15, 2016, 2:03:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved