Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 40
Posts: 40   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25216 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Tiny home... mostly

I found this website that has something along the lines of what I was imagining.

Tiny House Village

Although it doesn't go as far as I would have the community center, but it's roughly the same idea.
----------------------------------------

[Jul 5, 2016, 8:24:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've made some changes to the design. I had also posted the other pictures to Facebook, and a friend had mentioned that it would be better if it had more square footage so that it might pass building code - to avoid fees or something like that. I've got it up to about 406 square feet; I don't know if this would meet minimum square footage in those places that require it, but I don't care anymore at this point. wink So, here goes.

Side front.

Front - I just realized the house is almost shaped like an Old West chapel...

Side front.

Side back.

Side back.

Just standing inside at the front door. I've got a wall-mounted AC/heater on the left, and some of the changes to the kitchen area (including the door to the pantry) can be seen.

Standing in front of the door to the dining room, showing the rest of the changes to the kitchen area. The door to the pantry can be seen in this picture as well.

Taken from in front of the pantry door. A better view of the AC/heater unit, the change in the storage (instead of a small table for 2 with two rows of storage above, it's a small counter with drawers with one row of storage above). The door to the dining room is in this picture.

Standing just past the kitchen area, looking toward the bathroom door; the door to the mudroom/sunroom visible.

Standing in front of the mudroom/sunroom door, looking into the one "bedroom"; visible is the changes made to this area - took the window out and added more storage.

One of the additional rooms - Pantry with a large freezer, dishwasher and more storage.

Another of the additional rooms - Laundry room with washing machine, dryer, water heater and more storage.

Another of the additional rooms - Dining room for 4 and a corner display cabinet.

Final additional room - mudroom/sunroom.

Outside the house looking into the mudroom/sunroom.

Outside the house looking into the dining room.

I realize that I'd already taken two pictures of the bathroom but since I'd changed the pixel size (400 x 400) more of the room is visible - including the toilet (it's the white mass at the very bottom center of both pictures biggrin) !

I realize that I'd already taken two pictures of the upper bedroom as well but since I'd changed the pixel size more of the room is visible.

Level 0 (first floor) showing the changes made.

Level 1 (second floor) showing the changes (the walls added to hold up the additions' roofings).

[Jul 7, 2016, 3:28:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's a more "whimsical" picture I took: the Virtual Visitor sitting down on the bench seat to watch some TV. biggrin

[Jul 8, 2016, 12:33:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Nice ! smile
It looks like the 'little house on the prairie' with Laura Ingalls...
wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 8, 2016, 6:30:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

But with some modern amenities I should think... microwave, TV, DVD player... electric lights... electric powered stove... wait, did I put in a gas stove?

[Jul 8, 2016, 7:24:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

wait, did I put in a gas stove?

gas stove made by cows ! laughing
Thank you Earth...
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 8, 2016, 9:10:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've changed the (methane wink) gas cooker with a convection one. And when I did, I realize just how claustrophobic I'd made the kitchen area with making the walls around the entertainment center out of wood so painted that to match the rest of the walls. I also felt that wall was just so PLAIN and added a hanging calendar.

So I thought to take another picture with the Virtual Visitor sitting down to watch the TV to show the change in wall color...

... And realized that I really, really, REALLY didn't like the retractable stairs in this house. But I still needed a way to the next level. So, I thought the only room that I could change would be the mudroom/sunroom - since that was a room that I just designated as such because I couldn't think what else to make it into.

I've changed it to now be a room with a set of curving stairs - changing the door to an open doorway - and in doing so had to change the roofing (otherwise there was NO headroom left by the time someone went up the stairs). In adding the stairs, the top floor bedroom just wasn't working - with the stairs ending at the bed platform there was even less ways to get in. I ended up making the "Storage" room into the top floor bedroom, and what had been the top floor bedroom is now an office/sewing room. biggrin

I've taken pictures of the changes wrought to the bottom floor "bedroom" and am in the process taking the pictures of the new stairs as well as the changes to the top floor.

As soon as I get the final pictures taken I'll post them here too. Disclaimer: The top floor is still a little low (the center point is 7 feet) so a little bit of stooping I think is still necessary at this moment. If I were to change it at this point would be a huge amount of calculation and hard work. sad

[Jul 9, 2016, 4:03:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Great work again mate. Keep it up.
[Jul 9, 2016, 7:20:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

My wife and I like to watch the Tiny House shows on HGTV. That show should take your design into consideration. smile
Hawk
[Jul 10, 2016, 5:09:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I have a few more pictures of the changes I've made.

As you can see, I took out the door to that room; I thought it no longer was needed. The stairs are partially visible, and you can see the cabinet I put under them.

This is inside the room. I realize that the beginning of the handrail looks almost like it's at an odd angle to the rest of it but it's actually at a 90 degree angle - it just drops down quite a bit at that spot. You can see it in the following screenshot of the floor plan of this room.

If you're wondering, yes that is a chandelier that I have hanging from the ceiling. I'll have more pictures taken of this shortly as I have been working on yet another house (greatly inspired by this one... wink)

[Jul 11, 2016, 6:58:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 40   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved