Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 40
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25208 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Tiny home... mostly

I'm sure many of you have seen the phenomena of the Tiny Home craze. Well, I like the idea of it, but not quite the execution. I'm sure making them portable and not as tall as a regular 2-story home are good ideas, but what if you don't want it to be portable? Or what if you want more head room on the top floor? Well, here's my idea.

There are a good number of pictures in this one posting; since it is really a tiny project I figured I could get the whole thing done in a day (since I'd already started it about a year and half ago when I first started with this software - and I believe I mentioned it on one of my previous threads). Also, for some reason the pictures, when rendered by the software, came out rather grainy and I'm not sure why.

As you can see, there is lots of storage, including a rather large storage area on Level 1 (second floor - the last two pictures); it could maybe be a craft room, sewing room or office too. The stairs to Level 1 (second floor) are retractable and wouldn't always be in the way. It's kind of hard to see, but there is a mirrored medicine cabinet in the bathroom, as well as a really rather compact toilet which is too short to have made it onto the pictures. I've shown a sleeping area on the main floor, but it could be an office, or a nursery, or whatever the resident would want it to be.

Level 1 (Second floor) actually isn't the full 8 feet - even in the center - as a regular floor. I could have, but I feel that it would look really quite awkward, possibly not that stable (although as it is I'm not sure how stable this is biggrin).

I thought maybe a huge lot could be used to put as many of these as possible on - permanently - with their own small plot for growing a few vegetables/fruits of the residents' choice. Also (although I'm still working it out in my head) I'd like to see this Tiny home community situated near a multi-story Community Center, where they can exchange their goods with each other, sell their goods if they wish, have parties in, a place to watch either plays or TV together, laundromat, maybe have some offices for working out of (like a doctor's office, etc.), that sort of thing. Something permanent. smile

...As I'm looking at keep looking at these pictures, I think I might have made that post near the entrance a little to wide... And I just realized that I hadn't included a dishwasher or even a space to put it...
----------------------------------------

[Jul 5, 2016, 7:46:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Tiny home... mostly

I was just about to shut down when I realized there were a few other things I might have forgotten to include... water heater, HVAC... I think I'm going to have to maybe try and do a little remodeling?

[Jul 5, 2016, 8:04:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

It's now 2:05 am (PST), and I just finished adding some of the things that I'd forgotten before (as well as fixed the front post).

Terrible camera angle, I know, but if I didn't do it this way the appliances wouldn't have been visible.

I've added a wall mounted HVAC unit, although I don't know if this is a good place for it.

[Jul 5, 2016, 10:05:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

Aeowyn...how many pixels you use for your pics?
[Jul 5, 2016, 10:57:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

oh my god !
These houses are not for fat people ! sad
Too narrow... just for hobbits laughing
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bdfd at Jul 5, 2016, 7:23:21 PM]
[Jul 5, 2016, 3:06:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

MartinSK, I made them 700 x 350 pixels. I don't know if this is a good setting for decent pictures though.

bdfd, I realize that this seems narrow, especially for larger people (I am one of these) but when I'd started this I was going with the largest measurement for a Tiny home that I could find. I did try and make it so that there was actually quite a bit of clearance for the Virtual Visitor to move around - although the second floor people would have to stoop a bit.

[Jul 5, 2016, 6:44:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Oh, as for the width of the doors (2'4"), they're actually about two inches WIDER than my real life bathroom door and I have no problems getting through it. biggrin

[Jul 5, 2016, 6:47:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

It does not detract from this excellent achievement. applause
(i hope that my English is correct)...
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 5, 2016, 7:26:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you.

[Jul 5, 2016, 7:58:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinSK
Advanced Member

Slovakia

thanx Aeowyn for your answer. I asked only for my information not to judge you... not sure which one is the best size of pics
[Jul 5, 2016, 8:05:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved