Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
Posts: 25   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14484 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Beach House

rather it was my 'modern' idea :

with interior :

or this :

All will be close to the beachfront. smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bdfd at Jul 4, 2016, 7:45:52 AM]
[Jul 4, 2016, 7:44:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Hi bdfd
well that certainly dashed that "original" idea. laughing
what you have created there is much better than anything i could have done, so i'm glad you shared the pics. smile
[Jul 8, 2016, 8:14:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

hi Aeowyn
no probs with the typo m8, but Mike would be better , no need to be formal. lol
[Jul 8, 2016, 8:16:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Love the idea, but a semi-submerged house comes with huge challenges. The least of which being how to keep the underwater windows clean.

Floating is another matter. In fashion and fully doable. See newspaper Budstikka (NO, but with pics). This house is fully functional, used all-year in a cold climate, with a fire-place and all sorts of clever solutions thanks to the owner/designer (Foss). It can also move around, albeit with limited nautical elegance and range is limited to reasonably sheltered waters.

[Jul 11, 2016, 10:00:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Cool smile
Good idea to live on calm rivers and/or little lakes without wave.
---
[Jul 11, 2016, 12:20:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..calm rivers and/or little lakes without wave...
Actually, the 'house' is propelled by one (or two) powerful outboards and is pretty stable. Crossing open water in rough conditions is probably not a good idea, but the owners insist they do not encounter problems even on surprisingly long trips in the Skagerak to different sheltered ports or island hideaways. When first built, I seem to remember that the main challenges were legal: house tax, permanent residence, mortgage, insurance and so on.

There are several other floating homes in the same marina. While they generally hook up to electricity and fresh water, some of them are also pretty self sufficient with solar, generators, fresh-water makers etc. And some of them with very clever small house solutions. From a boating point of view, they may not arouse much excitement (being polite). But from a house-design point of view, the ones I have seen are absolutely brilliant.

But main point in terms of SH3D, is not the seaworthiness or marine capabilities, but the fact that there are lots of different layout-plans online. And some of them can serve as great general inspiration for clever house and interior design solutions.

ok
[Jul 11, 2016, 2:25:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Totally.
I think the main problem in this kind of house is well placed for the charges not capsize
Except if the name is Titanic... laughing
---
[Jul 11, 2016, 4:25:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Speaking of beach/small/floating houses - I posted a project more within my reach in thread 6956 (with link to plan/model should anyone be interested) - and of course, a 3D view.

ok

[Jul 18, 2016, 11:48:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

It's the third time today I see this picture... sad
Will be it harassment ? laughing
---
[Edit 2 times, last edit by bdfd at Jul 18, 2016, 6:05:59 PM]
[Jul 18, 2016, 1:17:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..harassment ?
Possibly. Sorry. Very selfish reason. Sometimes when sharing models, e-mails turn up saying something like "..I have used your toilet, can you tell me if...". Which can be pretty meaningless. The thread cross-references with a pic and keywords help in pointing the sender in the right direction without wasting time searching for what on earth I have said before. Anyway, I kind of like that picture (clearly not Ceciliabr quality art, but for a total amateur...) ok
[Jul 18, 2016, 2:45:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 25   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved