Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14487 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Beach House

Hi
I had planned on this being a "small" beach house, but started enjoying myself. Got the idea initially when AraiBob asked about the circular pedestal and avoiding floods, well why not have an underwater room, hers what i came up with.

Not a huge house with just the master suite on the 1st floor, though i may move these to the ground floor.

Ground floor is currently planned to be a reception area and the kitchen diner.

Below that is the underwater room and either a guest room or maybe a gym.

and finally below the water level.

[Jul 2, 2016, 1:39:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Beach House

typo correction oops *here's* not hers
[Jul 2, 2016, 1:41:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

Great !
I hope for your house that water around is a lake. smile
So with global warming, the level of the sea climbs few centimeters per year... (between 50 cm and 100 cm for era 2050-2100 ) sad
Or the floor of the house under water is free and the water and house move together.
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 2, 2016, 3:00:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

LOL
I had thought i would just sit on the high tide line, raise my hand and tell the sea to stop. biggrin
[Jul 2, 2016, 6:48:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

That's a cool an unique idea. Nice job. smile
Hawk
[Jul 3, 2016, 2:52:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Here's a bit of a brainstorm... Maybe design it in such a way that the entire house is water tight somehow, with an airtight way to get in above the high tide mark?

[Jul 3, 2016, 10:09:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

Thx HawkDawg, job to come up with original ideas when so many great projects have already been done. Unlike most here i have little interest in the decor or renders, walls are about as artistic as i get. smile
Hi Aeowyn, the thought of swimming into an entry had crossed my mind, but i'm saving it for a floating (island) house i have in mind.
[Jul 3, 2016, 6:14:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Thx HawkDawg, job to come up with original ideas when so many great projects have already been done. Unlike most here i have little interest in the decor or renders, walls are about as artistic as i get. smile

I'm the same way. I'm, more interested in designing the house itself. Interior design really doesn't do much for me.
Even though SH3D is more of an interior design program, it's still great for the house itself.

Yea, coming up with new ideas can be a challenge some times.
Hawk
[Jul 4, 2016, 12:51:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Hi Mikker777, I wasn't thinking of swimming into an entry, I was thinking of a tunnel of some kind that starts at the high tide mark and ends at the front of the house that people would be able to just walk into the house without getting wet, maybe even with thick glass windows to see what's going on under the water just like at some aquariums. biggrin

[Jul 4, 2016, 12:59:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Oh, sorry Miker777, I didn't realize that I'd typed the letter k twice in your name until after hitting reply. sad

Also, my "brainstorm" included having the entire house waterproof so that when the tide is high no water gets in. That can include large thick glassed-windows that one can look through, both for a great ocean view, whether that view is above or below the water. biggrin

[Jul 4, 2016, 1:03:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved