Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 50328 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Atrium house

I just thought I'd point out that you can easily make the text larger. Just highlight the text and hit Ctrl+Alt+k repeatedly to enlarge the text to the desired size. wink
BTW! Nice work.

Great ! smile

And the opposite if the text is larger ?

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+k
----------------------------------------
Hawk
[Edit 2 times, last edit by HawkDawg at Jul 1, 2016, 6:17:59 AM]
[Jul 1, 2016, 6:11:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+k

Super awesome !
4 keys ! We will have to take piano lessons is'nt it laughing
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 1, 2016, 6:16:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+k

Super awesome !
4 keys ! We will have to take piano lessons is'nt it laughing

laughing Probably would help. biggrin
Hawk
[Jul 1, 2016, 6:17:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

You can see these shortcut keys under Plan > Modify text style.
Hawk
[Jul 1, 2016, 6:18:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

HI Aeowyn, very nice work and a great plan with the atrium, great work on the island/breakfsat bar too. smile
[Jul 3, 2016, 6:27:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you, Miker777. It took me quite a bit of trial and error to get just the right combination of items (not to mention 3D Warehouse to get those bar chairs) to get that island/breakfast bar area just right. biggrin

[Jul 3, 2016, 9:45:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I had a bit of down time (my internet anyway) so I went back and worked a bit more on this house.

I realized that I actually hadn't painted the outside (I hadn't painted the atrium area either) or added any outside lights! While in there I also noticed a few things that needed a bit of updating, adjusting and adding. Anyway, here's some pictures.

Front aerial view. I also added some bushes to the front facing.

Back aerial view.

This is what I used for the shingling on the exterior walls. For the atrium area and the walkway from the back door to the back porch I used the Beige roughcast with white stones I've used for most of my other projects.

Screenshot of revised floor plan (minus the roofing of course). As you can see I did not enlarge the letters but I think I might get that at a later date.

The Great room with views of the hallway on the left, a peek into the atrium area and a bit of the kitchen. I made the ceilings (throughout the entire house) textured white, changed out the small couch and armchair for a corner sofa (figured this house needed a little bit more seating space), made some adjustments to the lamp behind the sofa, added a round rug under the coffee table, switched out the vase on the dining table for my stargazer lilies biggrin, added some place settings, changed which side table I used near the atrium doors, made the fish tank look like the fish are actually swimming in water instead of floating in the air, changed the glass of the hanging light over the dining table from blue to beige, added a dishwasher into the island (not visible in this picture as it faces the sink), made the counter match around the sink, changed the refrigerator model and finally added another small upper cabinet above the vintage cooker. Phew that's quite a bit of change, and that's only in this one area. In the hallway I spaced the lighting out better and was able to actually remove a couple of them, and added some artwork.

I didn't take a picture of the first bedroom as the only change I made there was adding that one window near the closets. I also didn't take a picture of the second bedroom because there were no changes made at all there. The bathroom in between though is a different matter.

I realized I hadn't put any linen closets or cabinets in this house so that's what was added to this room (the big slab of wood visible on the other side of the towel racks).

Same issue with the Master Bathroom, but I wasn't too happy with the L shaped shower curtain I'd used, so instead of adding some cabinetry I added a linen closet at the foot of the bathtub (that's the door that's visible; the door to the the master bedroom is behind the linen closet and therefore not visible in this picture) and put in a regular shower curtain.

Just a minor FYI - I have the virtual visitor standing in the corner next to the toilet in each of these bathrooms. laughing

I also didn't take a picture of the master bedroom as all I added there were pillows to the bed.

Here's the little sectioned off part of the back patio from the master bedroom. You can see a couple lounging chairs, a table in between and some potted plants. I added the porch light after taking the screenshot of the floor plans as well as the back aerial view. I think I might need to add more lighting to the back porch area, at a later date.

No changes to the Study. One picture added to the Sewing room - near the door - but no picture taken there. No changes to the Sewing Storage Room, Laundry Room or Guest Suite.

The Atrium area. I realized that the tree was rather static so I found a picture for sassafras tree bark and added that to the tree trunk and branches then used one of the grass texture for the leaves (I tried using a picture from my search but it didn't work). I also changed the texture for the cushions for the chairs in the center table set.

[Oct 11, 2016, 5:15:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I realized after submitting that last post that I forgot to mention adding a couple of windows in the dining area looking into the atrium area.

Here's a closer look at the changes I made to the dining area.

And here's a look at most of the changes made to the kitchen area (except for the refrigerator as that sadly was out of frame when I took this picture).

For some reason the vintage oven rendered very strangely. sad

[Oct 11, 2016, 8:43:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I took another look at the front area (Living room, Dining room and Kitchen) and realized that there was just something a bit... off... about it. So, I've made a few adjustments... again laughing

I took this picture while standing near the front door (it's visible on the right). I felt that the flooring was just a bit too dark (I'd used the dark wood texture so go figure wink ) and changed it to one of the English parquet textures. Since I'd changed it in this area, I had to change it in the hallway, and after doing that I thought it just plain weird to have a different wood flooring in the Sewing room and Sewing Storage room so I changed it in there too.

I also changed the material used on the couch; instead of brown leather I have it in a blue fabric. The bookshelf near the hallway seemed a bit too narrow so I widened it up.

You can also see (somewhat) that I added porch lights to the atrium area as it seemed to be a bit too dark. I put one on either side of the wide porch doors from the Living room, one next to the guest room door and one near the glass door in the back.

The Dining room and Kitchen areas also had some changes, but those changes are hard to see from this picture.

Here's a better view of those two areas. I felt that the woodwork was just a bit too "matchy-matchy" so i changed the wood of the dining room table and chairs to the dark wood, found a picture online for English Walnut and used that for the kitchen cabinetry, island and bar chairs. I also didn't quite like how the upper cabinets looked so different above the vintage oven so I made some adjustments to all of the upper cabinets. First I widened the ones over the oven so that the met up with the rest of the cabinets, then I adjusted the heights of the rest of the cabinets so that they were all even with the ones over the oven (ie to the ceiling).

I then realized after changing the wood that I didn't like the marble I'd used for the countertops. First, I'd changed it all to the light blue marble seen on the island, which was alright. Then, I thought that the room needed a backsplash, I changed the walls in the kitchen to have the light and dark blue marble tiles. No, it wasn't my intention to make the entire wall the backsplash, it should actually only come up to the base of the upper cabinets (except for the wall behind the vintage oven; that I intended to have covered in the tiles), but I didn't feel like creating a half wall then try and insert it so that it shows and doesn't mess up the rest of the room, so let's just pretend that the backsplash on the wall above the sink stops at the base of the cabinets and a bare beige wall that match the rest of the area is seen above that. biggrin On the wall with the refrigerator the backsplash ends at the last of the upper/lower cabinets, right before the refrigerator. Below is the picture of the tile that I used for the backsplash.

After I'd taken the first picture and went to take the second it looked to me like the counters just blended weirdly with the backsplash and changed it (except for the island) to the dark blue marble.

Once again, the vintage oven and that curio cabinet didn't seem to want to render properly.

So, right now I'm working on getting a picture rendered from the kitchen and then I'll be working on one to show the lighting in the atrium.

[Oct 16, 2016, 9:34:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Love the idea of an atrium house, especially if the sun as high as it appears to be in your renderings. Here (60°N) maintaining the grass patch in the atrium would be quite a challenge...
..but I didn't feel like creating a half wall then try and insert it so that it shows and doesn't mess up the rest of the room, so let's just pretend that the backsplash on the wall above the sink stops at the base of the cabinets...
You probably know this, but a possible workaround for a backsplash up to base of cabinets is using a baseboard with tile texture on (sections of) the wall. ok
[Oct 17, 2016, 3:20:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved