Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9077 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Tudor Rethink

Variation on a theme...

Since I was having trouble with getting pictures taken of my Tudor Castle version 2, I had a thought... what if I were to just take out Level 2 (the third floor)? So I saved it as a separate file and did some reworking of Level 1 (the second floor). In doing so I have been able to do some better (sort of) rendering of the changes. The pictures are a bit smaller but I was able to do the "best" rendering setting. I've also only taken pictures of the changes as I've already posted pictures of the rest of the house on the thread mentioned above.

Aerial view of the new front. As you can see, I used the 1-car garage version. I felt that this version of the house would've been overwhelmed with the 2-car garage. I haven't put in the timber detail on the new walls under the new roofing yet. In using the 1-car garage file, I don't have the reworked patio mentioned in my other thread, which is why there is no chimney visible.

Since there was no longer a third floor the second set of stairs were not necessary, which widened the hallway a few feet. As you can see there's a door into the new master bedroom instead of an archway to the family room as there is no longer a family room. I took this picture from the wall near one of the bedrooms, with the remaining stairway just out of vision.

I've converted the family room into the new master bedroom, with an on-suite which you can see the door to. I've also added a closet which you can see just a corner of it. This was taken from the new door from the hallway looking toward the bed. The dresser is actually just out of view on the right.

An alternate view of the new master bedroom, taken from in front of the new master bathroom door. You can see two of the three windows on the one wall (actually the reflection of all three is visible in the closet doors) that I kept from when this was the family room in the other version. What's not visible in either of these views of the new master bedroom is the wall facing the backyard, which still has the same windows that mirror the placement of the ones visible here.

New master bathroom. This had been the third bedroom in the previous version; I just brought the front wall forward to match the rest of the house and now it's a spacious bathroom. This is the view from the door to the new master bedroom. You can plainly see one of the towel racks (I've put in two), the shower stall, bath curtain (with a bathtub behind it definitely), a couple of laundry baskets, and a small storage cabinet above the toilet (a small portion of the top of it is visible). What's not visible is a bathmat in front of the bathtub in a fuzzy off white.

Okay, here is where the rendering went a little "off". The cabinets are supposed to be all dark wood with silver/chrome handles. This is taken from near the toilet. You can see the door to the new master bedroom, a 2-sink vanity with two matching cabinets around it, and the other towel rack.
----------------------------------------

[Jun 27, 2016, 6:25:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Re: Tudor Rethink

Here's a comparison between this version's and the 3-story version's second floor (level 1) areas, just as a visual reference as to the changes.

On the left is of this 2-story version's second floor, and on the right is the 3-story version's second floor.

[Jul 3, 2016, 9:09:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, but some of those aren't quite updated (I posted those there then made modifications, but didn't save the modifications). crying

So, it looks like some of them I'm going to have to start from scratch, and some I'll have to update, hopefully with the help of the pictures I've posted here and on Facebook as references. That'll take some time though.

[Jun 30, 2018, 1:15:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I am so devastated at the moment; my computer crashed on me yesterday without warning, and I lost a good number of the house designs I've been working on (not to mention other things I'd saved on it). The ones that I didn't lose were ones that I downloaded to MediaFire, but some of those aren't quite updated (I posted those there then made modifications, but didn't save the modifications). crying

So, it looks like some of them I'm going to have to start from scratch, and some I'll have to update, hopefully with the help of the pictures I've posted here and on Facebook as references. That'll take some time though.

[Jun 30, 2018, 1:15:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved