Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4718 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
A couple of suggestions for the next version:

1) A shortcut for modifying the virtual visitor.

2) Adding four additional handles to selected objects, for manipulating the size.
Suggestion:

3) An option to "make only this level viewable", that is, to make everything BUT the selected level un-viewable.

4) A command to "show all walls and floors".

5) Make objects that are duplicated by using the alt+drag-option, be duplicated on their original level.

6) An option to darken the interface or manipulate the interface colours ( select and modify a colour-theme). Darker colour-themes are less straining on the eyes when you work for several hours on a project.

cec
[Jun 25, 2016, 9:56:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Re: A couple of suggestions for the next version:

I forgot :
On 5): also an option for "make ALL levels viewable".

cec
[Jun 25, 2016, 10:15:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mirakels

And:
add walls and rooms to the object list and allow hiding them
[Jun 28, 2016, 8:26:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

I like the idea of being able to hide walls mirakels, but could it be an option in "modify walls", otherwise the object list could get really long and each would need to be identified in some way.
[Jun 28, 2016, 11:19:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@mirakels & Miker777

After having given it some thought, I find that by keeping walls on separate levels, this option is taken care of by my suggestion #3.

cec
[Jun 29, 2016, 3:56:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mirakels

@Miker777: if using modify walls/rooms, how can you unhide them again?
(unless you hide/unhide ALL walls at the same time but that is not what I want...)
[Jun 29, 2016, 4:21:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mirakels

About the wall in the object list, you can always group them.
And I guess the number of walls is less than the number of other objects in a room so it would not enlarge the list to much I think.
[Jun 29, 2016, 4:29:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

@mirakels
And I guess the number of walls is less than the number of other objects in a room so it would not enlarge the list to much I think.

I wouldn't be so sure. You consider single room - what if I want to create some kind of maze/labyrinth? You don't know what will be Cecilia's next project wink

Guys, what do you think?

Unfortunately, it could make "Modify walls" window too big for my miserable screen. Comparison I have no idea how to prevent this enlargement - maybe "Wall in 3D view" button (just like "Modify baseboard") and another little window with transparency slider and top color?

And other possible improvements:
- Instead of single "Semi-transparent" box for "Pattern in plan" - two or three boxes, e.g.: "25% opacity", "50%" and "75%"(no slider),
- sliders should have some "steps"/"stops"(?) with captions e.g.: "25%", "50%", "75%" - It would be easier to remember last used value(no need to count "stops" - "it was 11th or 13th stop?").
[Jun 29, 2016, 9:10:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Miker777
Advanced Member

UK

oops guess i didn't really think that through wink
[Jul 1, 2016, 4:01:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved