Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11887 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
A bizarre video, made with SH3D.

This is a attempt to show some of my work and methods through a film about a cute little spirit living in a tiny bungalow by a Chinese Ghost City.

The background of the construct:

Despite the fact that The Great Leader Chairman Mao banned religion in China fifty years ago, most Chinese are still very religious when it comes to honoring their long dead ancestors. It's part of the Chinese tradition to believe in ghosts – a five thousand year old custom of the Taoist culture.
(The Spirits of the Dead are not something to be trifled with – so what happened with chairman Mao's spirit when he died? Well, that part of the story is in another chapter.)

The construction, the photo renderings and the videos are all created with SH3D using various techniques, for instance by using semi-transparent gradients as lens filters.

Example:

Screen-shot:

Rendered without filters.

Rendered with one filter

Rendered with two filters

The video is here, unfinished and unreleased, and VERY compressed (1.5 Mbps. The final copy will be 8 Mbps when (and if) released on youtube ):

https://vimeo.com/168281964

The password is: sh3d-24

And choose HD and fullscreen:

The question is: Is this a release candidate for youtube?

This is work in progress, so any remarks and comments are most welcome.

Cec
[May 27, 2016, 2:23:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: A bizarre video, made with SH3D.

Impressive!

Your "various techniques" merit a tutorial. Impressive.
From the point of view of storytelling there is some room for improvement.

Did I say "impressive"?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 27, 2016, 3:08:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Thank you, Hans.

I have already made some short video flicks where I am exploring and trying to understand the possibilities that lies within SH3D used for the purpose of visualization on a wider scale than making a house plan and arranging furniture. But I'm not sure that I have got everything right yet; f.i. only yesterday did I notice that the ground plane appears to be dynamic, where I had believed it to be fixed area.

Besides, I'm not sure that a presentation of my "various techniques" really is met with any general interest on this forum, as it has nothing to offer in the line of architecture or house planning. As you probably have noticed, I like "ugly" things, old and worn.

Would you care to elaborate your views concerning the narrative aspect? I'm a bit short of better ideas at the moment. :)

cec
[May 27, 2016, 4:40:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

I really love it! Poetic, creative and so well done!
[May 27, 2016, 11:42:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Thank you, VeroniQ.

Watching it again now, I get a feeling that I'm trying to tell several different stories at the same time, like I try to communicate on several levels simultaneously. It gets a bit too complicated to make it understandable.
I think I will have to work a bit more with this, when I find the time.
[May 28, 2016, 12:36:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

I really love it! Poetic, creative and so well done!
Yes! Second that. Please find the time to continue. ok
[May 29, 2016, 3:25:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mirakels

password does not seem to work anymore...
[May 29, 2016, 9:25:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Sorry about that, mirakels. It appears to be working now.
The unfortunate incident was most likely caused by a glitch in the matrix, invoking a temporary unstableness in the basic fortification of Vimeo's fundamental structure.
I guess you should just give it another try, or even better, watch the final version here:

https://vimeo.com/168934174

No password required.

cec
[Jun 1, 2016, 4:40:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Impressive. Even without the little ghost...
..glitch in the matrix...
smile
[Jun 1, 2016, 5:30:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Thank you okh!

A glitch in the matrix… a rather odd reference, maybe?
I was twenty when I went to a cinema in Oslo, where I was living at the time ( I don't remember exactly which cinema, but it was most likely one in the center of Oslo, maybe Klingenberg, ) and watched The Matrix. My first thought when the film ended, was that I had to see this film at least one more time, which I did the following day, and then once again the day after. Later I bought it on DVD, and I still watch from time to time. It's one of my favorite films, along with AI and Inception.

BTW: Why is my status always displayed as 'offline', even when I'm logged in and commenting? A glitch maybe, in the matrix?

And f**k the atom at spelling correction! It's a pan in tea ace!
[Jun 1, 2016, 7:36:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved