Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10225 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
robin87105

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused How should I let Sweet Home 3D import IFC file?

How should I let Sweet Home 3D import IFC file

Hi, I am a beginner of Sweet Home 3D and English is not my nature language, please forgive my bad semantic and sentences.

I'm trying to use massisframework(http://www.massisframework.com/)
to make an indoor simulation environment.

MASSIS simulator uses the Sweet Home 3D tool for the design of the environment.

I want to import a BIM/IFC (Industry Foundation Classes)format file to Sweet Home 3d.

Is there any way to make Sweet Home 3d import and export ifc files?

If not, could you please suggest me how to deal with it ?

Should I convert IFC file to Wavefront .obj file before I import to Sweet Home 3d?

Thank you guys for reading my questions, I really hope you can help me. smile

I'm really sorry that I don't know which place is more proper to post this question, so I post at two place. Please forgive me.
[May 14, 2016, 4:09:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How should I let Sweet Home 3D import IFC file?

Wow! MASSIS framework seems to do some terrific things with Sweet Home 3D, and the video shown at the home page of MASSIS framework is amazing.
Do you work on this project, or do you happen to use it?

At the moment, there's no support for BIM/IFC in Sweet Home 3D but that would be nice. Some time ago, someone started a project for this purpose but it doesn't look like he went very far sad

Converting IFC files to OBJ files should be a solution, but OBJ imported 3D models are considered as a whole object / piece of furniture in Sweet Home 3D, making it difficult to arrange this kind of home.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 15, 2016, 11:11:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Great ! smile
we can replace the characters by vehicles and go to 500 miles Indianpolis or the Monaco Grand Prix ! laughing
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[May 15, 2016, 11:18:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

And at the end, why not using Sweet Home 3D to improve the management of traffic jams!?! laughing
[May 15, 2016, 1:49:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mazoola
Advanced Member

USA

Wow! I have absolutely no practical use for MASSIS - so it will definitely be the next thing I decide to learn! smile (I had stumbled over FlexSim earlier, researching problems with Sketchup exports, and it seemed pretty much sufficiently irrelevant to my current needs to be a winner - but MASSIS's used of SH3D as the modeling engine moves it into first place.)
[May 16, 2016, 4:28:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
robin87105

Sorry for that I had lots work to do and I forgot this. Thank you for providing the requested information. I did't work on MASSIS project, but I hope to build my research environment(kind of indoor disaster simulation) base on it. That's why I want to know how to import IFC file to Sweet Home 3d. I saw the Sweet Home 3D BIM Plugin project earlier, but it seems not to be done. BTW, I saw that SH3D have JAVA API. Is it possible to make a plugin to import IFC file to SW3D by myself?
If it is possible, where or how should I start? I'm really new and not familiar with these. Thank you guys for reading my questions, I really hope you can help me. smile
[May 18, 2016, 9:20:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Programming a plug-in able to import IFC files would be a good start.
First, you should learn how to write a plug-in, then create objects of the com.eteks.sweethome3d.model package from the data read in an IFC file and add these objects to the edited Home instance. The magic of MVC will make them appear at screen automatically.
As far as I know, IFC / BIM files exists at binary and XML formats, and it should be more easy to decode the XML files using Java DOM API (or SAX API if the file is big).
[May 18, 2016, 3:04:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
robin87105

Hi Puybaret, thanks for your reply. It help me a lot!smile

I will follow your suggestion and try to make a plug-in to import IFC files. smile
[May 19, 2016, 1:50:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Hello everybody,
Still interested about this "MASSIS subject"? I invite you to read this interesting interview in the blog.
Many thanks, Rafael.
How goes on your plug-in, Robin?
[Dec 14, 2016, 10:49:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jtm2020hyo

Perú

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,10345

IFC plugin work was frozen, but maybe if we do more request they might finish the work.
[Aug 24, 2020, 4:51:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved